Pavel's 80/20

anyone ever heard of/tried this program before, and have any thoughts.

If you are a raw lifter its not bad. Especially if you’re a beginner. The 3Day/week version is great for when work/life is getting in the way, too.

As you climb the ranking, you will probably find you need various modifications to attack weaknesses. Eventually your upper back will need more work to keep up with the weights in your squats and deads. Your biceps might also cause stability issues on bench eventually if you don’t work in some kind of extra arm work.

For a geared lifter, you can probably make it work, but by the time you’re done, it might not even be the same program.

Would it be detrimental for me to use a belt on deadlifts 5x5

Belts/wraps are fine and don’t change the lifts very much. Practice the way you compete.

also one more question,
how should i warmup for a workoit like this
he says to keep it minimal but what would be an example of a warmup

Foam rolling and then start with the bar. Work up to your work sets only adding 45s or 25s at a time for sets of 5 or less.

Example First work set: 300x5
you would do something like 45x5, 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x3

[quote]McDouche wrote:
Foam rolling and then start with the bar. Work up to your work sets only adding 45s or 25s at a time for sets of 5 or less.

you would do something like 45x5, 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x3[/quote]

That definitely works, and it’s the way I usually ramp too. but we don’t know how strong the OP is, if his 1RM is 275, that won’t be enough volume and too large jumps.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]McDouche wrote:

you would do something like 45x5, 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x3[/quote]

That definitely works, and it’s the way I usually ramp too. but we don’t know how strong the OP is, if his 1RM is 275, that won’t be enough volume and too large jumps. [/quote]

Throw 10s into the mix to up the volume on the ramp. Anthony Mychal’s article on the front page lays out a great structure for this case.