Paul222 Moving On From the V-Diet

Spent some time doing the V-diet, and was very happy with the results. Looking to move on now.
I’m going to be doing the “Bro diet” of chicken breast, rice, and broccoli, combined with certain elements of the V-Diet. I’ll be sticking with the shakes and one healthy solid meal each day.
Following Paul Carter’s calorie recommendations and dropping my daily calories by 25%. Which puts me at about 2,250 calories per day.
I’ll be using Plazma and Mag-10 on training days.
Following a full body workout template of three days a week, with MetCon workouts on Tuesday and Thursday. I’ll also be using Mag-10 during those sessions.
Current stats are as follows:
Weight - 201

Bodyfat - 29.5

Shoulders - 51

Chest - 42.5

Waist - 38

Hips - 37

8-13-1

1 Like

First week is down, I was on a MWF split, doing Chad Waterbury’s full-body program. Finished each workout with a finisher, mostly loaded carries, for 1 minute rounds with a minute rest, for 3 sets.
On TTh, I did abs and a metcon workout.
Diet was a combination of the V-Diet and the Bro-diet.
4 shakes per day, then a solid meal of chicken breast, broccoli, and rice. Calorie intake ranged between 2000 and 2250 each day.
Using Plazma and Mag-10 on workout days, plus creatine each day.
Measurements today were:
Weight: 199
Bodyfat: 29.5
Shoulders: 51
Chest: 42.5
Waist: 37
Hips: 36.75
So I’m losing inches off my midsection, which is good.

At 197 this morning
Bodyfat% is 28.5
Shoulders at 50 inches
Chest is 44
Waist is 37
Hips are 36
Two weeks into the bro diet, and I’ve found that I’m going to have to play with my macronutrient ratio.
I’m consistently getting about 60% of my kcals from protein, 30% from carbs, and 10% from fat.
Depending on whether or not I’m lifting that day, my total kcals are between 1800-2150.
The only solid foods I am eating are chicken breast, rice, and broccoli.
I can’t stand white meat, so on some days, eating the solid meal is a chore. Considering that I’m going to have to up my fat and carb intake, I’m probably going to switch over to chicken thighs this week, once I finish off the chicken breasts I already have.
IMG_20180824_065412

Side photo.

Started playing around with my diet a little bit. Eating the bro-diet skewed my macronutrient ratio, so I’m going to start dropping out some of the shakes for solid meals this next week.
Stats were as follows:
Weight: 196
Bodyfat%: 29.6
Shoulders: 50
Chest:43
Waist 36.5
Hips: 36

Finishing up one month.
Stats are as follows:
Bodyweight: 196.5
Bodyfat %: 28.9
Shoulders: 50
Chest: 42.5
Waist: 36
Hips: 36
So I’ve lost a couple of pounds and dropped one % point of bodyfat. Shoulders are an inch smaller, I’ve also dropped 2 inches off my waist.
Two and a half weeks of the Bro-diet, eating nothing but chicken breast, rice, and broccoli had my macronutrient ratios heavily skewing towards protein. Per Chris’s suggestion, I swapped some of the shakes for solid food. I also added some olive oil to my broccoli and coconut oil.
Having done the V-diet a couple of times, I found that the discipline of eating the same thing every day came easier than I would have thought, although I found cramming down the chicken a bit of a chore.
My workout routines weren’t specifically geared towards fat loss, although I was doing metcon workouts twice a week, and did finishers after each weight training session.
Still trying to whittle away the love handles, so I found last weeks article on spot reduction intriguing Spot Reduction is Real
I’ll be adding some of these things into my workout routine this month.

This past week was problematic as my over broke, I had a nasty sinus infection, and I fell off in the weight room.
still working with my diet, but I’m increasing my caloric intake to 2400 calories. I’ve been feeling really drained these past couple of weeks, so I’m going to see if the extra calories help out.
Stats this morning:
Bodyweight: 194
Bodyfat %: 28.2
Shoulders: 49
Chest: 43
Waist : 36
Hips: 36.5

Started upping my calories this past week to 2400 calories. I found that I had more energy in the weight room.
Stats this morning are as follows:
Bodyweight: 198
Bodyfat %: 29.3
Shoulders: 49
Hips: 36.5

Weighed in at 196
Bodyfat at 28.3
Waist at 36.5
Hips at 36.5
IMG_20180929_074908

I’ve kind of stalled a little. The fat loss routines in the weight room just aren’t very motivating for me. In all honesty, I feel like I;m doing metcon routines each day.
Bodyweight is at: 195
Bodyfat: 28.4
Shoulders: 48.5
Hips: 37