Paul, Your Best Strength Building Plan?

Hey Paul,
What would you say is the best pure strength building plan you have done in your career. I’m pretty happy with my size but sort of hit a plateau with my strength which is why I’m looking to do just a block of pure strength training. Putting on mass and conditioning would be on the backburner. I was thinking about giving Base Building a try based off what you have written about it on your blog. Love your blog, thanks for your time.

Yes, easily base building. When I developed all of those principles and put that into effect that’s when I hit my bests of a 660 no belt squat, 705x2 deadlift, 385 press behind the neck, 475 incline, and 485 close grip bench. And it was all spending most of my time working for speed/power using sub max percentages.

3 Likes

Great, thanks again Paul.

Where can I find this? I Google searched for it and no dice.

1 Like

He has referenced it but I highly recommend buying the e-book. I bought it the other day and it is awesome. Basically more of a guideline than a cookie-cutter program where you plug your numbers in and go. It has tons of options to accommodate any lifter. Love that aspect of it.

Base Building is a great book. I loved reading it. Learned a ton.

Thank you!

1 Like

Base Building is my go to program. Must have for any lifter, especially the older lifters.
I do have a question for Paul do. In BB you have a day put aside for back work, barbell row getting it’s own day.
In Super Soldier (yes i buy all your stuff) it’s programmed more in a traditional way.
Do you still think back work (especially the row) should have it’s own dedicated day?

Thanks for all the stuff you put out Paul!

Two completely different modalities.

In BB I do that because I pair the squat and deadlift together most often. So on that day you do leg assistance stuff. Then back work on another day.

With the SSP I do the push/pull/legs split so it’s set up completely different. That’s the reason they look the way they do.

I am brand new to T Nation. How do I access your blog. Cant seem to find it when I am logged in.

It’s literally lift-run-bang.com