T Nation

Paul Williams Paralyzed in Accident

Motorcycle accident and now is paralyzed from waist down. My prayers are with him and his family. good luck and best wishes Paul.

Why do athletes continue to put their careers at risk like this.

Apparently he got forced into an embankment by a driver drifting into his lane and an oncoming car, went airborne and landed on his back. Severed spinal cord, he’ll never walk again short of a miracle.

This is a tragedy, what a waste. x2 on the motorcycle risk sentiment.

Here’s to hoping the man pulls through this and doesn’t go off the deep end emotionally and mentally. He was a world class athlete, if he could beat Martinez and Marga in wars, he can beat this.

God Speed sir.

as a trauma health care professional, i see so much of this(people permanently maimed, and or disabled secondary to motorcycle accidents) i know what lies ahead for him, cut down in the prime of his life, i was never a huge Punisher fan, but this news almost brought a tear to my eye.

Sad news indeed.

At least he’s still alive.

Some will ask, what’s the point of being alive and not moving at all? Career is over, you can’t do what you used to love doing… etc… rather be dead…

It’ll definitely take him a lot of mental strength to survive this critical stage of his life.

This is horrific. I feel so bad for him. This is awful. Poor bastard. I always liked Paul Williams, this is terrible

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
This is horrific. I feel so bad for him. This is awful. Poor bastard. I always liked Paul Williams, this is terrible[/quote]

Okay, I lol’d at this.

Not sure if you were being serious…

hahaha I actually was, even though it might not seem like it. I lovvveeeee wathcing that guy fight

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
hahaha I actually was, even though it might not seem like it. I lovvveeeee wathcing that guy fight[/quote]

Okay, lol.