T Nation

Paul Walker Dead


#1

Wonder if this means the next Fast and the Furious is toast. I think it is still being filmed so might need a major rewrite without him. One of the few franchises that seemed to be increasing in profit with each sequel.


#2

Sad…very sad, but don’t think for a moment the F&F Franchise is toast, if he’s filmed
in even a little bit of the next one they’ll do some kind of Brandon Lee cut up or
Digital image of him somehow to extend his scenes…Or someone will think of a clever
way to bring up the death of his character…Money runs Hollywood and they don’t
give a fuck because profit is King, and F&F makes Millions.

He wasn’t in ‘Tokyo Drift’ anyway.


#3

RIP


#4

RIP - been a fan for a long time.


#5

I was pretty shocked and sad to hear his passing. He was so young.

BTW, have you guys seen the crash photos? The Porsche hit a rather small tree and I was thinking that these cars are fucking deathtraps.


#6

James Dean died in a Porsche…Porsche, yeah they were going the speed limit.
Sad.


#7

Also the type of car Ryan Dunn died in from hitting a tree I believe so thats an interesting point, very tragic, R.I.P.

Fast and furious is one of my favorite movie series as well!


#8

Poor bastard. Not the greatest actor but impressive how he was always in great shape, -I was suprised he was 40 still looks about 32.


#9

What sucks about this is he wasn’t even driving - so essentially he died because of someone else’s retardation


#10

RIP sad to see someone die over something avoidable


#11

Saw some pics and even video online. I wasn’t the biggest fan of the F7F movies, but the guy always seemed fairly likeable, and to be honest, he won me over with 8 Below (my being a former Husky owner and dog person).

Really horrible when you consider how avoidable this was, also dying due to someone else’s actions,… well, that really just sucks.

S


#12

I live about 20 minutes from where this happened, it’s a known area for street racing.


#13

I was also surprised to hear he was 40…I also thought he was 32 as RampantBadger said. I couldn’t get into FF but sure liked him in “Joyride”. He was a cool actor and always looked in shape. RIP Paul…


#14

Always liked Paul Walker. Liked him in “into the blue”. From what I knew about him he lived a great life, surfing, into marine biology, race car driver, jiu-jitsu, just seemed like a real a cool dude. RIP


#15

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I live about 20 minutes from where this happened, it’s a known area for street racing. [/quote]

I’ve raced there myself a couple of decades back. Still a very sad way for someone to go.

Rob


#16

Very sad… but I must say on a side note that I do love hearing that he was “so young” when he died. As he was forty and so am I.

Too bad you have to die for people to say that though. Otherwise you’re just, well, forty.


#17

[quote]Nards wrote:
Very sad… but I must say on a side note that I do love hearing that he was “so young” when he died. As he was forty and so am I.

Too bad you have to die for people to say that though. Otherwise you’re just, well, forty.[/quote]

He looked young from eating and training right and could easily pass off as late 20s; hence, the reason he’s remembered as being young. You on the other hand have said it your self that your a “fat american” and likely look your age and then some; hence,the reason no one calls you young. Not really that hard to figure out.


#18

[quote]WWEAttitude wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Very sad… but I must say on a side note that I do love hearing that he was “so young” when he died. As he was forty and so am I.

Too bad you have to die for people to say that though. Otherwise you’re just, well, forty.[/quote]

He looked young from eating and training right and could easily pass off as late 20s; hence, the reason he’s remembered as being young. You on the other hand have said it your self that your a “fat american” and likely look your age and then some; hence,the reason no one calls you young. Not really that hard to figure out.[/quote]

HA! HE’S CANADIAN YA IDIOT!!


#19

The final Photgraph…the wreckage…No one could have survived that.


#20

Pretty sure I remembered him saying something about being more American than Canadian, but whatever.