Paul Ryan-Romney VP

It’s already started, Ghost:

“Congressman Paul Ryan is best known as the author of a budget so radical The New York Times called it “the most extreme budget plan passed by a House of Congress in modern times.” With Mitt Romney’s support, Ryan would end Medicare as we know it and slash the investments we need to keep our economy growing – all while cutting taxes for those at the very top”.

“Over the next few days, Romney’s campaign and its allies will tell a very different story about Paul Ryan. Our job is to make sure Americans know the truth about what Romney’s choice says about him as a candidate and leader, and to stand with President Obama and Vice President Biden at another major moment in this campaign”.

Mufasa

Oops…

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Romney was the best possible pick out of the group that was running for the office. If you think that anyone else would have done well against Obama just because you happen to have liked them you’re mistaken.[/quote]

Allow the weight of that fact to sink in for a moment.
Sad but true.
(link to the Metallica song omitted on purpose)

[quote]ZEB wrote:
He is not the worst possible pick that Romney could have made, but very close to it.

First and foremost he has no charisma. For the umpteenth time the average Joe does NOT decide who he likes based on the man being able to rattle off facts and figures which Ryan is well capable of doing. They choose based on how the person looks and their gut reaction to those looks. Ryan looks like a big goofy kid who has his fathers sport coat on. If you look close enough you will see the word “geek” written on his forehead.
[/quote]

At times he even comes off as ‘cold & heartless’.
IMO…I favor a ‘matter of fact’ approach to the issues, but that is not politics is it.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

x2

[quote]ghost87 wrote:
I’m from Wisconsin. I know about Paul Ryan well.

He will come armed to the teeth showing we are going off the fiscal cliff. He will eat Bidens lunch in the debates.

He is not some robot. He has personality. People like him in Wisconsin since he’s sincere. He also will inject some youth into the race.[/quote]

I don’t think the Democrats like him :slight_smile:

Should have gone with a woman or a Hispanic. Bad choice. More fodder for Priority’s cannons with very little added benefit. Anyone who cares about Paul Ryan was already voting Romney in the first place.

[quote]smh23 wrote:
Should have gone with a woman or a Hispanic. Bad choice. More fodder for Priority’s cannons with very little added benefit. Anyone who cares about Paul Ryan was already voting Romney in the first place.[/quote]

I would say he caved to pressure

What pressure was that, Pitt?

Mufasa

In all honesty I think Ryan would have been a better Presidential choice than Romney. I think the Republicans lack vision

[quote]ZEB wrote:
He is not the worst possible pick that Romney could have made, but very close to it.

First and foremost he has no charisma. For the umpteenth time the average Joe does NOT decide who he likes based on the man being able to rattle off facts and figures which Ryan is well capable of doing. They choose based on how the person looks and their gut reaction to those looks. Ryan looks like a big goofy kid who has his fathers sport coat on. If you look close enough you will see the word “geek” written on his forehead.

Obama will go after Ryan on his proposed budget “he wants to give tax cuts to millionaires and billionaires…bla bla bla” And he will actually have the numbers to twist in order to make Ryan look every bit the elitist that they have painted Romney. When you choose a VP you are trying to “balance” the ticket this DID NOT happen with the Ryan pick. But I should not be surprised as because the Romney team appears to be flat footed and tone deaf. If you remember the also allowed Obama free reign for 30 days to paint Romney as an out of touch rich guy who doesn’t pay his taxes.

In order to win Romney needed either a woman, or (as I’ve been saying) an hispanic or cuban. He also MUST win Florida (and Ohio) this pick does not help him win either of those states nor does it attract the female vote or the minority vote that I’ve spoken of.

I was never optimistic going into this race as I always thought that Obama had several advantages, the big one is obviously him being the incumbent. But now I am the most pessimistic that I have ever been. They’ve just handed the Obama team a big stick to beat them with by picking Paul Ryan.

Sure, Romney can still win, because anything can happen in a Presidential race with about three months to go. But short of a minor miracle we will have four more years of Obama! And Romney will have himself to blame through being non responsive to repeated attacks early on, and then picking Paul Ryan as his VP when he actually could have changed the entire race by picking a better candidate.
[/quote]

Strangely enough - and you rarely hear me say this - Zeb is right.

I obviously hold Ryan in low regard as a politician because of his ridiculous (to me) policies, but from a purely strategic standpoint he was the worst possible pick… another nerdy white northerner with no charisma.

I was truly worried that they would pick Condoleeza Rice. Smart, experienced, highly educated black woman… could have made things tough.

Romney ended this by himself, all on his own. Poorly run campaign that reminds me of Kerry in 08 - head in the sand and not hitting back until it’s too late.

Great thing for my side though.

[quote]ghost87 wrote:
I’m from Wisconsin. I know about Paul Ryan well.

He will come armed to the teeth showing we are going off the fiscal cliff. He will eat Bidens lunch in the debates.

He is not some robot. He has personality. People like him in Wisconsin since he’s sincere. He also will inject some youth into the race.[/quote]

Joltin’ Joe might gaffe pretty often, but the man was a lawyer. He’s no dummy and as Mustafa said, a shrewd politician and excellent debater.

Ryan will have his hands full. Especially because if you throw too many numbers at people, and that’s all you know how to do, you bore people and they start ignoring you.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Obama will go after Ryan on his proposed budget “he wants to give tax cuts to millionaires and billionaires…bla bla bla” And he will actually have the numbers to twist in order to make Ryan look every bit the elitist that they have painted Romney. When you choose a VP you are trying to “balance” the ticket this DID NOT happen with the Ryan pick. But I should not be surprised as because the Romney team appears to be flat footed and tone deaf. If you remember the also allowed Obama free reign for 30 days to paint Romney as an out of touch rich guy who doesn’t pay his taxes.

In order to win Romney needed either a woman, or (as I’ve been saying) an hispanic or cuban. He also MUST win Florida (and Ohio) this pick does not help him win either of those states nor does it attract the female vote or the minority vote that I’ve spoken of.

I was never optimistic going into this race as I always thought that Obama had several advantages, the big one is obviously him being the incumbent. But now I am the most pessimistic that I have ever been. They’ve just handed the Obama team a big stick to beat them with by picking Paul Ryan.

Sure, Romney can still win, because anything can happen in a Presidential race with about three months to go. But short of a minor miracle we will have four more years of Obama! And Romney will have himself to blame through being non responsive to repeated attacks early on, and then picking Paul Ryan as his VP when he actually could have changed the entire race by picking a better candidate.
[/quote]

Strangely enough - and you rarely hear me say this - Zeb is right.

I obviously hold Ryan in low regard as a politician because of his ridiculous (to me) policies, but from a purely strategic standpoint he was the worst possible pick… another nerdy white northerner with no charisma.

I was truly worried that they would pick Condoleeza Rice. Smart, experienced, highly educated black woman… could have made things tough.

Romney ended this by himself, all on his own. Poorly run campaign that reminds me of Kerry in 08 - head in the sand and not hitting back until it’s too late.

Great thing for my side though.[/quote]

Rice would have been a very smart choice , but Ryan is bat right wing crazy shit so called conservative

I was suprised w/the job he did on the speech in Norfolk today. Well written and delivered.

One of his finer moments. Pause on the charts, especially the one that compares the two plans discussed. Deep cuts or big crash, there isn’t enough tax revenue to sustain that trajectory. Not even close.

This[quote]pittbulll wrote:In all honesty I think Ryan would have been a better Presidential choice than Romney. I think the Republicans lack vision[/quote]And this[quote]smh23 wrote:<<< Anyone who cares about Paul Ryan was already voting Romney in the first place.[/quote]But not this[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:<<< Poorly run campaign that reminds me of Kerry in 08 - head in the sand and not hitting back until it’s too late. >>>[/quote]My old buddy. I think you were lookin for 04 there and Romney’s crew have handled things pretty well thus far I think. AND, they’ve done plenty of attacking and hitting back.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:Fair enough, T!
(But you have to admit that it’s pretty bad if it takes Satan running against him for you to support the President! JUST KIDDING, T! I like you too!)
Mufasa[/quote]I didn’t say anything about support. I said campaign and vote, three’s still a difference =] Actually I don’t even dislike Obama. Seriously. He seems like somebody I’d get along with hangin out at a barbecue. Schumer? Pelosi? Debbie Wasserman-Schultz? Ohhhh, my friend. Truth be told? I have to be in prayer just to view images of them lest I rapidly descend into fantasies of hands on violence. Some of these people are a struggle for me. Not Obama though. I would simply prefer him as community organizer (read anti American commie protester) where he belongs, rather than commander in chief.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

That’s why he chose an obscure midwestern politician that loses those states. He wants to lose. Unique thought: Romney WANTS to lose.

This is all a set up for Petraus in 2016, so America can be turned into a military dictatorship. You heard it here first.
[/quote]

Yes, a man who graduated from Harvard with a double law and business degree, who made 300 million in the private sector, who went on to run the Olympics and then became Governor WANTS TO LOSE. It’s certainly clear to me…that you’re an idiot.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

That’s why he chose an obscure midwestern politician that loses those states. He wants to lose. Unique thought: Romney WANTS to lose.

This is all a set up for Petraus in 2016, so America can be turned into a military dictatorship. You heard it here first.
[/quote]

Yes, a man who graduated from Harvard with a double law and business degree, who made 300 million in the private sector, who went on to run the Olympics and then became Governor WANTS TO LOSE. It’s certainly clear to me…that you’re an idiot.

[/quote]

I know it will surprise you that making money with other money is almost as easy as buying more money. Romney did not make his billions

[quote]ZEB wrote:[quote]Headhunter wrote:[quote]ZEB wrote:In order to win Romney needed either a woman, or (as I’ve been saying) an hispanic or cuban. He also MUST win Florida (and Ohio) this pick does not help him win either of those states nor does it attract the female vote or the minority vote that I’ve spoken of.[/quote]That’s why he chose an obscure midwestern politician that loses those states. He wants to lose. Unique thought: Romney WANTS to lose.
This is all a set up for Petraus in 2016, so America can be turned into a military dictatorship. You heard it here first.[/quote]Yes, a man who graduated from Harvard with a double law and business degree, who made 300 million in the private sector, who went on to run the Olympics and then became Governor WANTS TO LOSE. It’s certainly clear to me…that you’re an idiot.[/quote]I wonder how many people Jesus called idiots =]
HH is off in the swamp without his waders again though.