Paul Newman R.I.P.

[quote]duffyj2 wrote:
Acting legend; I forgot to include Cool Hand Luke in the “Movies that make you misty” thread… or whatever it was called.[/quote]

For sure. When his mom died and he starts playing and singing and everyone else is just dead quiet. Guy actually had a pretty good voice…shit was there anything positive that he wasn’t good at? I don’t believe in reincarnation but in his case I hope it exists and he comes back before my time is up.

My favorite thing about him is the fact that hes was married to Joanne Woodword since 1958. During interviews, when asked about infidelity, he quipped, “Why go out for hamburger when you have steak at home?”
I loved him as Butch Cassidy.

Great actor, great husband, great father, great man, staunch liberal.

Feels like the end of an era.

paul newman was an awesome cat…when i was 15 i brought him room service every morning for a week- he liked shredded wheat and very ripe bananas. one morning he was up really early watching f1 and next thing i know i’m in his room chatting racing. the day he checked out he stopped me in the hall and gave me all the cash he had in his pocket and told me to get “have an extra beer tonight”.
awesome guy.