Paul Craig Roberts?

[quote]theuofh wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]theuofh wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
…Jews are making sausages from Arab babies…[/quote]

Do they mix them with pork fat?

[/quote]

I paid you the courtesy of answering your question and researching this guy and you’re being deliberately evasive and refusing to explain what the thread is even about. Well, it certainly reflects poorly on you to post such a thing and act evasive and cryptic when someone asks you what you’re talking about. I can only assume you are interested in this sort of stuff and that you’re not even prepared to say what you think about it after starting a thread about the guy.[/quote]

I already told you what this is about. He looked like he was once a serious economist, with some fairly establishment credentials but has some very anti-establishment writings in other areas.

You’re the one that started popping off about conspiracy theories.
[/quote]

That’s what the guy’s known for. He’s known as a top Reagan administration economist who went “off the rails” so to speak and started publishing all kinds of conspiracy theories of the Paleoconservative/Lyndon LaRouche, Ron Paul kind and with generous servings of Jew baiting. You didn’t ask anything about his economic policies. You asked about him. And as I said, that’s what he’s known for. He’s known as the crackpot conspiracy guy who once worked for Reagan. Then you evaded my questions as to what specifically you are interested in and want to know. You were deliberately vague and evasive. Then there was some cryptic comment about having multiple Internet personalities with different political ideologies and so on. So please don’t play innocent. I’m not stupid. If there was something to do with economics you were interested in you would’ve specifically stated what was of interest to you. I still don’t know what this thread is supposed to be about or your motive for starting it and it’s clear you don’t intend to let on. Well, if you have any other questions about economists/conspiracy kooks or anything else for that matter, then please be more specific and forthcoming.

[quote]theuofh wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
He probably thinks the sun shines out of Ron Paul’s arsehole.[/quote]

He’s an economist by training, I would like to think he has a more nuanced understanding of the current system, than Ron Paul’s worship of the gold standard, despite their common thinking on other topics.
[/quote]

The gold standard just means “honest money”. What other system would one expect from a person who doesn’t want government to have the ability to grow itself into oblivion and debase the people’s money?

Most people who favor limited government and understand economics support the idea of a hard currency standard exactly for this reason. It is impossible for government to grow under a privately regulated gold standard, for example.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Just before I go we can wrap this one up real quick. Just have a vote on the thread question. Consensus? Well, I’m voting “nut” given the things I have mentioned about this Paul Craig Roberts character. So that’s my vote. Anyone else want to second “nut” for the consensus?[/quote]

If the majority thinks he’s a nut then that must mean he is correct.

The majority is not the group to follow for success.

So just so I can clear something up regarding the conspiracy theories…

You guys think it’s completely plausible that 2 MASKED gunman who kill a dozen people, and get away right after the incident. Are able to be magically identified within a few days, tracked, and have their accomplices tracked/found as well?

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

You guys think it’s completely plausible that 2 MASKED gunman who kill a dozen people, and get away right after the incident. Are able to be magically identified within a few days, tracked, and have their accomplices tracked/found as well?[/quote]

Yes, actually.

Do you think it’s implausible that the two masked gunmen could be found within a few days? Because once you find them it is completely plausible to find the others in short order.

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

You guys think it’s completely plausible that 2 MASKED gunman who kill a dozen people, and get away right after the incident. Are able to be magically identified within a few days, tracked, and have their accomplices tracked/found as well?[/quote]

At least as plausible as Satam Al Suqami’s passport surviving a fireball that melted steel girders, then fluttering down to the pavement where the FBI could find it, sure.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

Yes, actually.

Do you think it’s implausible that the two masked gunmen could be found within a few days? Because once you find them it is completely plausible to find the others in short order. [/quote]

Without more information, this is entirely plausible. Who knows whether they communicated by e-mail or cell phone before or after. If they did, both the NSA and the French Authorities had access to a wealth of information. Also, there are over 13,000 cctv cameras in Paris and people have video in their personal cell phones. Its a wonder they made it a few days.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

At least as plausible as Satam Al Suqami’s passport surviving a fireball that melted steel girders, then fluttering down to the pavement where the FBI could find it, sure.[/quote]

lol thank you

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

Yes, actually.

Do you think it’s implausible that the two masked gunmen could be found within a few days? Because once you find them it is completely plausible to find the others in short order. [/quote]

Without more information, this is entirely plausible. Who knows whether they communicated by e-mail or cell phone before or after. If they did, both the NSA and the French Authorities had access to a wealth of information. Also, there are over 13,000 cctv cameras in Paris and people have video in their personal cell phones. Its a wonder they made it a few days.

[/quote]

Yeah, unfortunately that’s not the narrative. The narrative is that one of the terrorist left their passport in the car.

I didn’t bring it up initially because I wanted to see if someone would actually use it in their defense and how said defense would be formulated on this thread.

C’mon lets be serious.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
It is impossible for government to grow under a privately regulated gold standard, for example.[/quote]

What private regulator would you have in mind for this job?

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

At least as plausible as Satam Al Suqami’s passport surviving a fireball that melted steel girders, then fluttering down to the pavement where the FBI could find it, sure.[/quote]

Actually varq it’s very common to find a lot of intact and almost intact and plenty of unburnt debris in aircraft wreckages with fire. Furthermore, the fires didn’t “melt” the steel girders. They created a massive conflagration with all the debris from the aircraft, office furniture, plastics that burn at high temperatures and create a reaction with the fuel that’s a bit like napalm. Together with the huge hole in the side of the building acting as an excellent oxygen source the fires raged, sucking in oxygen through the hole in the building reaching temperatures at which the steel girders were heated to the point that their tensile strength was drastically reduced and they buckled and gave way.

Do you know anything about steelwork/blacksmithing? You can turn steel into a gooey fudge with hot coals and foot operated bellows. It’s not that difficult to soften steel in a hot fire. Don’t you think what I describe above sounds plausible and stories about demolition charges and so on to be not only implausible, but impossible? Due to the fact that an entire demolition crew would need to spend weeks drilling hundreds of holes all through the buildings on every level and wire the entire building up? All the office workers wouldn’t be asking what was going on with all the explosives being planted around them while they work, more and more day after day until the whole building is ringed with wires coming out of holes in the walls. Those kinds of scenarios; scenarios that would also entail the complicity of thousands of American citizens, state and federal law enforcement, air traffic control, police, fire department, paramedics, military, intelligence, commercial airlines, pilots, crews, hundreds of passengers, Air Force etc etc. All conspiring to murder thousands of their fellow citizens. Why? For money? How did they get away with it and no one talked? Why such an elaborate, murderous and destructive plot? Does any of it sound plausible?

Why were some people(like me) actually expecting bin Laden to carry out an attack precisely like this? As soon as I saw it happening on the television I knew straight away it was OBL. I’d recently finished reading one of the first books about him and another book about Ramzi Yusef both describing the “Bojinka Plot” and warning about the fanaticism and danger of OBL and that he was determined to carry out a successful mass casualty attack using civilian aircraft. So it certainly all seemed extremely plausible to me the moment it happened.

Why don’t you just take a look on any of the 9/11 conspiracy debunking sites that’s covered all the things you’ve mentioned. The passport one is old hat. When aircraft crash and catch fire there’s always plenty of unburnt debris. Look at aircraft crash scenes with burnt ground and plenty of unburnt debris all around. Surely, you don’t really believe this 9/11 truther stuff? You know this happens with every major world event right? The cult of the conspiracy. I remember you were quoting something about the “military industrial complex” conspiracy theories recently - Smedley Butler. That’s right. The military industrial complex conspiracy theories actually began leading up to the First World War amongst German agents and German sympathisers in America who wanted Germany to win the war in Europe and therefore strongly opposed “interventionism” and pushed strongly for disarmament and attacked and libelled the munitions industries and desperately tried to prevent US armament and involvement in the war.

Fifteen years later and this same group - the anti-interventionists of the old right - supported Germany again in the European War, desperately wanted the US to stay out of it and desperately wanted to stop the US rearming. Same conspiracy theories only this time around the Jews were transplanted as the villains.

It’s the descendants of the old right who keep the spirit alive today with extreme pacifism/appeasement, attacks on the military, conspiracy theories about the government. The paleoconservatives and the radical libertarians kept the torch alive.

The Kennedy Assassination conspiracy theories were much broader and all kinds of people with different agendas and no agendas latched into that one. But the military industrial complex conspiracies, Evil government/inside job conspiracies and so on are far more political and it’s disconcerting to see our enemies - eg, on Iranian state TV - promoting Western conspiracy theorists because it is in Iran’s interest to portray the US government as evil and murderous they make celebrities of these treasonous individuals who disseminate these theories.

Anyway, that’s just a bit of background on what you’re into here. I hope you don’t really believe any of this nonsense…but I suspect you do as you’ve brought it up a couple of times now.

[quote]theuofh wrote:

It is impossible for government to grow under a privately regulated gold standard, for example.[/quote]

What private regulator would you have in mind for this job? [/quote]

Individuals who own and freely exchange their gold as currency.

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

Yes, actually.

[/quote]

Yeah, unfortunately that’s not the narrative. The narrative is that one of the terrorist left their passport in the car.

I didn’t bring it up initially because I wanted to see if someone would actually use it in their defense and how said defense would be formulated on this thread.

C’mon lets be serious.
[/quote]

I don’t know anything about how they were apprehended. Its not high on my list of things to investigate. I was just commenting on the plausibility of finding two men leaving a scene wearing masks without providing any more information than you did. I don’t know anything about how they did it, but its not hard for me to think of ways they could do it.

So, carry on with the conspiracy theories.

[quote]theuofh wrote:

Individuals who own and freely exchange their gold as currency.[/quote]

OK, How much physical gold do you think individuals personally hold? How about during the years where we had a gold standard?

Use it in their defence? What? What are they “defending?”

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

Yes, actually.

[/quote]

C’mon lets be serious.
[/quote]

I don’t know anything about how they were apprehended. Its not high on my list of things to investigate. I was just commenting on the plausibility of finding two men leaving a scene wearing masks without providing any more information than you did. I don’t know anything about how they did it, but its not hard for me to think of ways they could do it.

So, carry on with the conspiracy theories.
[/quote]

Right. Kind of my point. Besides which, just because something is the “narrative” doesn’t necessarily mean it’s what actually happened. Think about it–governments change narrative all the damn time because they want OTHER countries or OTHER factions whether political, military, or civil to think some particular thing. Why would they do that in this case? I don’t know off the top of my head, but it wouldn’t surprise me to know there was a reason.

In which case, a nice easy “oh yeah he left his passport” is–if completely unsatisfactory for a forensic purpose–quite a nice narrative.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

Yes, actually.

[/quote]

One would think they would have found the Marathon Bombers a bit quicker, and not had to fire over a 1,000 rounds at an unarmed teen in a boat, ending up hitting more of themselves than the suspect…

[quote]theuofh wrote:

[quote]theuofh wrote:

Individuals who own and freely exchange their gold as currency.[/quote]

OK, How much physical gold do you think individuals personally hold? How about during the years where we had a gold standard? [/quote]

When the US gov’t supported a gold standard the point was that the paper money issued was supposed to represent the amount of gold held in deposit, pound for pound - so basically, everyone who owned dollars until the US government outlawed owning gold in 1933, owned a claim on a specific weight of gold. When it was outlawed that did away with private regulation of the standard.

Theoretically speaking, the amount is irrelevant.

Theoretically speaking, the amount is irrelevant.[/quote]

Until a crisis/war/natural disaster happens and the government needs some extra funds to deal with it, right?