Paul Chek is Off the Hook. Period!

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
Cimmerian wrote:
I knew he was in decent shape, but damn, he looks amazing for his age(or any age for that matter). Maybe I should go organic and take up meditation too. Sounds like he was channeling Ronnie, haha.

What was the wobbly thing he was flinging around at the end?

Maybe I just happen to know other guys around his age who look as good or better, but I don’t think he looks all the great.

Just 'cause someone is in their 40s doesn’t mean they can’t be in great condition with consistent training and nutrition. There’s no secret to it.[/quote]

An interesting point, on a website full of 25 year olds who can’t seem to get it right.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
slimthugger wrote:
PimpBot5000 wrote:
I think Paul is an excellent coach and, although a bit of a kook in some regards, has a lot of valuable information to teach.

He really could use a shirt though.

One of his quotes-- “If you can’t teach in your underwear, you shouldn’t be talking about health”

Did you actually comprehend the point he was trying to make? ie. that if you don’t look healthy, you shouldn’t be taking about health.

BBB[/quote]

Why you asking me that, of course I get it, I started this thread. Thanks anyways…

well, at least this guy isnt talkin out of his ass like most people.

you can tell he really belives what he says whole heartedly.

genuine people are hard to come by. expecially one so diverse as paul chek.

and yes, he is a little crazy. but i like it. he makes me seem less crazy.

slimthugger wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
slimthugger wrote:
PimpBot5000 wrote:
I think Paul is an excellent coach and, although a bit of a kook in some regards, has a lot of valuable information to teach.

One of his quotes-- “If you can’t teach in your underwear, you shouldn’t be talking about health”

Did you actually comprehend the point he was trying to make? ie. that if you don’t look healthy, you shouldn’t be taking about health.

BBB

Why you asking me that, of course I get it, I started this thread. Thanks anyways…

LOL OK I think we might have a small ‘inter-atlantic’ communications issue here. When you say he’s ‘off the hook’ do you mean that you think he’s:

A) Cool and knows what he’s talking about.

or

B) A nut job who needs to be certified.

Cheers,
BBB

[/quote]

In my world “off tha hook” means A

[quote]John Roman wrote:
HK24719 wrote:
Cimmerian wrote:
I knew he was in decent shape, but damn, he looks amazing for his age(or any age for that matter). Maybe I should go organic and take up meditation too. Sounds like he was channeling Ronnie, haha.

What was the wobbly thing he was flinging around at the end?

Maybe I just happen to know other guys around his age who look as good or better, but I don’t think he looks all the great.

Just 'cause someone is in their 40s doesn’t mean they can’t be in great condition with consistent training and nutrition. There’s no secret to it.

An interesting point, on a website full of 25 year olds who can’t seem to get it right.[/quote]

LOL. Especially since your avatar is like a mini-face palm.

A lean, ripped, facepalm. lol

slimthugger wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
slimthugger wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
slimthugger wrote:
PimpBot5000 wrote:

BBB

LOL OK I think we might have a small ‘inter-atlantic’ communications issue here. When you say he’s ‘off the hook’ do you mean that you think he’s:

A) Cool and knows what he’s talking about.

or

B) A nut job who needs to be certified.

Cheers,
BBB

In my world “off tha hook” means A

A ok then it was my misunderstanding as I thought you were implying that you thought he was nuts.

It all makes perfect sense now and for what it’s worth, we share a aimilar opinion of the man :wink:

BBB[/quote]

cool

The guy is a little eccentric, but he reminds me of a lot of the old-school health cult guys, which to me is a good thing. I don’t think anyone can deny that he’s healthy and strong as hell. Definitely off the hook.

When I said he was jokes I meant I thought he was humorous in a positive kind of way.

[quote]threewhitelights wrote:
DanErickson wrote:
This guy is jokes.

That guy has forgotten more about corrective exercise physiology than you could ever hope to know. He’s funny looking, has a high pitched voice, and probably seems like a “joke”, but I’d take him as my trainer over you any day.[/quote]

Paul made up most of his stuff about “corrective” exercise and most of it is total bullshit of no slightest value. I was C.H.E.K. certified at 19 and now feel completely retarded for having been a follower of his.

He portrays himself as an eccentric genius who gets hated on for being ahead of his time, but in reality he is a raging idiot with a vastly exaggerated estimation of his intelligence who rightfully gets hated on for selling bad information.

There is nothing good about what he does apart from the common sense stuff like eating organics and drinking a lot of water, etc. Remember that this guy believes he can view the Earth from outer space through his ESP abilities. If that doesn’t tip you off, I don’t know what will.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
Remember that this guy believes he can view the Earth from outer space through his ESP abilities. If that doesn’t tip you off, I don’t know what will.[/quote]

Honestly, shit like this is absurd.

However, shit like that has nothing to do with the fitness industry.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

[/quote]

Well, statements like that give us some important insight into how he really thinks. If he’s got all these radical ideas and nobody can tell for sure whether he’s a genius or just utterly batshit insane, and then he goes and makes a statement like “I use telepathy to communicate with my dogs from halfway around the globe,” it makes a pretty compelling case that he really is just insane.

The guy is good at marketing himself, but amidst the good information there is a shit load of quackery. Trouble is, most people don’t know where the insanity begins and the worthwhile stuff ends.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
belligerent wrote:
Remember that this guy believes he can view the Earth from outer space through his ESP abilities. If that doesn’t tip you off, I don’t know what will.

[/quote]

its not that hard

Maybe CHEK is not so bat shit after all:

paul should do some heavy squats and calf work, dudes seriously not balanced muscularlity wise.

I laughed when he walked into the gym looking at the rear view of him, baseball bat calves straight up and down.!!!

rrjc5488 wrote:

Well, statements like that give us some important insight into how he really thinks. If he’s got all these radical ideas and nobody can tell for sure whether he’s a genius or just utterly batshit insane, and then he goes and makes a statement like “I use telepathy to communicate with my dogs from halfway around the globe,” it makes a pretty compelling case that he really is just insane.[/quote]

I agree with you on this, I was just sayin’. hah

threewhitelights wrote:
DanErickson wrote:
This guy is jokes.

That guy has forgotten more about corrective exercise physiology than you could ever hope to know. He’s funny looking, has a high pitched voice, and probably seems like a “joke”, but I’d take him as my trainer over you any day.

Paul made up most of his stuff about “corrective” exercise and most of it is total bullshit of no slightest value. I was C.H.E.K. certified at 19 and now feel completely retarded for having been a follower of his.

He portrays himself as an eccentric genius who gets hated on for being ahead of his time, but in reality he is a raging idiot with a vastly exaggerated estimation of his intelligence who rightfully gets hated on for selling bad information.

There is nothing good about what he does apart from the common sense stuff like eating organics and drinking a lot of water, etc. Remember that this guy believes he can view the Earth from outer space through his ESP abilities. If that doesn’t tip you off, I don’t know what will.[/quote]

Yep.

Paul CHEK is a very intelligent man…you guys don’t even have a clue…when you see what he talks about in his book “How to move and be healthy” …his shit aint “out there” as some of you like to claim…he talks about sleep and the circadian rhythyms which is so simple but what people are not even following which is why alot of people feel like shit…good whole foods…meditation…and much more than that…just like everyone else or any other coach you have to decide for yourself what you feel is useful and what is not…

I had eye problems…skin problems…adrenal problems…I have followed everything he talks about in that book and have never felt so good in my life! People who keep an open mind get help…and learn more and get ahead…I never bash any coach or any book…theres always something useful to gain from everyone…I usually dont comment like this but I had to…because the people who hide behind computers and talk shit about how everyone looks so bad and how there legs are skinny and blah blah blah are the ones who look like shit!