Patriots and the 'Eff You TD'

I’m a Pats fan, I enjoy them winning, that’s all I wanted to write.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:
He’s a coaching genius, but a petty, bitter sob who will someday die alone with just his SB rings.

DB

You just called Bill “pretty.”

Stay in school and work on that reading comprehension.

DB[/quote]

Wow. I’m a retard.

ESPN = 24 Fellatio Fest for the Yankees, Red Sox, Giants and Patriots, nuff said.

Belichek’s a piece of shit, by the way. Just because the league decided he was going to be the next Lombardi doesn’t make him worthy to look up to or admire.

They won’t last in the playoffs, that’s for sure.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
I can’t be the only Pats fan on here loving how they’re sending a message to the whole league every Sunday:

The Sports Guy: Kneel before the Pats -- 'cause the Pats ain't kneeling - ESPN Page 2 [/quote]

Bill Simmons is pretty fucking funny, I have been reading his stuff since his Boston Sports Guy web page back in '97.

He is an unabashed homer for Boston teams, take everything he says about them with a grain of salt.

[quote]BSchroeder wrote:
I think it’s a stretch to say they are hated like the Raiders and the Yankees. Belichik isn’t the raging asshole that Steinbrenner is. And Tom Brady isn’t quite the prettyboy that Derek Jeter is.

This from a Colts/Buckeye fan. [/quote]

Are you out of your mind? Steinbrenner is an egomaniac - Belichek is an egomaniac AND a raging @$$hole. Tom Brady is a fantastic quarterback, but he is most definitely a pretty boy

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:
He’s a coaching genius, but a petty, bitter sob who will someday die alone with just his SB rings.

DB

You just called Bill “pretty.”

Stay in school and work on that reading comprehension.

DB

Wow. I’m a retard.[/quote]

No, you’re a just a Homo-Handi-Tard and can’t help it. It’s OK, we knew you didn’t mean to make a dipshit of yourself.

About the Pats.

They are now overrated, reported and it’s almost always a curse. It happened to the Cowboys 2 weeks ago. Sportscasters were talking about how great they were, then boom…shitty game.

Now, the Colts and Pats are “In a league of their own” (Steve Young).

It will happen soon. They will fail, they will soon have to face some adversity in some way…Murphy’s law… [pinky on mouth while grinning]

They’ll eventually hit a losing streak, of course. No team stays the best.

But, saying that, I’ll keep celebrating the high level of Asskickingness they provide in the meantime.

GO PATS!

I HATE the Patriots. Mostly because my friend likes them (he only started liking them when they started winning Super Bowls), and because they beat my Chargers (I hate you Norv, but at least your learning). But the most infuriating thing about it. The worst of all, is when they start to lose, I KNOW, I just KNOW my friend won’t be that much of a fan anymore. AAAAHHHHHHHH, I can’t take it!!!

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
ESPN = 24 Fellatio Fest for the Yankees, Red Sox, Giants and Patriots, nuff said.

Belichek’s a piece of shit, by the way. Just because the league decided he was going to be the next Lombardi doesn’t make him worthy to look up to or admire.

They won’t last in the playoffs, that’s for sure.[/quote]

The league “decided”? Maybe the fact he is a genius coach “decided”.

And I LOVE your last comment about lasting the playoffs… They have the best playoff record of any team in the last 5 years. Last year they got to the AFC championship game with horrible wide recievers, but apparently according to expert NFL analyst gatesoftanhauser, “they won’t last”.

lol, I love reading people hating on the pats.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
About the Pats.

They are now overrated, reported and it’s almost always a curse. It happened to the Cowboys 2 weeks ago. Sportscasters were talking about how great they were, then boom…shitty game.

Now, the Colts and Pats are “In a league of their own” (Steve Young).

It will happen soon. They will fail, they will soon have to face some adversity in some way…Murphy’s law… [pinky on mouth while grinning][/quote]

Overrated? Are they REALLY? Have you watched any of their games?

Oh, and here’s my take on the “eff you TD”.

First of all, it wasn’t a pass. So what right? How about Tom Brady has a darn good chance of breaking the single season TD record set by manning… yet doesn’t throw an easy TD… Instead he gives it to Kyle Eckel… who before that TD had a grand count of ZERO touchdowns for his NFL career. He also came from Navy… the same school that Bill Belichick’s father coached for… There is no individualism on this team. Their only goal is the “W”.

(Note: Pats fan here)

Brady handed the ball off to a guy who hadn’t touched the ball this season. He handed it off to him three times in a row. He handed it off on a drive that started on the Dallas 20 after an interception, when there was still 3:45 on the clock (they ended up finishing the drive 7 plays later with just 0:19 left).

And he handed it off after Phillips called a timeout earlier in the drive (with 1:43 left on the clock), meaning the Cowboys were sending a message: they still intended to get back in the game.

Two things I will always believe about football: 1) it’s unpredictible as hell, there’s always a few games every year where a team comes back from 2 TD’s down in the last minute or two (case in point, the Cowboys-Bills game a week prior); 2) when a team is running up the gut consistently, simply running down the clock, who’s fault is it that they’re not being stopped?

The Cowboys line rolled over on that drive, plain and simple. They weren’t running up the score, they were playing smart football and eliminating even the smallest chance that Dallas could come back.

Finally, while I don’t believe the team will go undefeated, I will also gladly point out that if any team were to do it it’s this one. They have a no-nonsense coach who REFUSES to look past an opponent or let any outside distractions effect the team. They have the best leader in football (Brady) who doubles as one of the two best quarterbacks in the league, and someone who will echo every sentiment of the coach. They have a team concept that does not allow for mistakes, selfish play, or anything but 100% dedication to the team and the ultimate goal.

And finally, they have what I believe to be the most complete team in football (currently #1 in total offense–and already setting records on that side of the ball–and #2 in total defense). With games remaining @Indy, @Balt, against Pitt and @NYG–who might be playing for a playoff spot in week 17–they have more than enough tough games left on the slate where they could trip up. All that said, I think they’re well on their way to a 4th championship, whether they go undefeated or not.

They are well on their way to a 4th championship. Indy is their toughest test. The thing about football is most teams who do great for the first 7 games do horrible after, except a few select organizations. Indy in the Dungy era starts off damn near 10-0, Pats in the Belichek era around 10-1. For at least another few years nobody will know if either team is going to win a championship until they lose in the playoffs.

Why is that an “eff You” t.d.?

It puzzles me. Is it somehow not acceptable, or in poor taste to score?

I think this guys reads too much into it.

Im a packers fan, and wow am I happy with this season so far, but I also respect the Pats. Every team cheats in some way or another, the Pats were just one of the unlucky bastards that got caught. I have great respect for Tom Brady. The man is by far the best QB in the NFL right now. So I will continue to respect the Pats, until they meet up with the Pack, then its Brett Favre all the way bitches!

[quote]daltron wrote:

And I LOVE your last comment about lasting the playoffs… They have the best playoff record of any team in the last 5 years. Last year they got to the AFC championship game with horrible wide recievers, but apparently according to expert NFL analyst gatesoftanhauser, “they won’t last”.

[/quote]

So says the online tough guy from California, of all places. Let me guess, a “front runner”/“fair weather” fan, right?

I bet you rooted for the Bulls back in the '90’s too, didn’t ya?

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Why is that an “eff You” t.d.?

It puzzles me. Is it somehow not acceptable, or in poor taste to score?

I think this guys reads too much into it.
[/quote]

It’s the equivalent of calling a woman a fat cow after ejaculating all over her eyes.

Insult upon injury.

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
daltron wrote:

So says the online tough guy from California, of all places. Let me guess, a “front runner”/“fair weather” fan, right?

I bet you rooted for the Bulls back in the '90’s too, didn’t ya?[/quote]

It’s always rewarding when someone ignores the truth in what you wrote and has to resort to personal attacks. I never said I was some bad ass tough guy, not to mention there’s nothing wrong with California unless you’re into stereotypes. Concerning the Bulls, I’ve never been a fan of basketball and was too young anyway to fully appreciate any team during their reign.

If you hate the patriots then go ahead, there’s 31 other teams to root for, just don’t let it cloud your judgment when replying to people.