Pathetic Soyboys Insult Dead Soldiers

[quote]Gael wrote:
dhickey wrote:
Gael wrote:

This is not about bias, which is inevitable. This is about a complete lack of professionalism and responsibility and journalistic integrity. No network is perfect, but Fox News stands in a class of it’s own. Fox News is the anti journalism.

Give me a break. As much as I dislike all TV new outlets, FOX is by far the most balanced. They have liberal comentary and guests on almost every show. Probalby why I can’t stand FOX either. The only one I watch is Neil Cavuto, but there are other programs I would sooner watch than anything on NBC, CNN, ABC, and CBS. Not every show on FOX is Sean Hannity’s America.

The liberal guests they dig up are weak debate personalities and are rarely anyone of consequence.

Fox never does any real journalism.

Do you remember fox’s run about the Obama being schooled in a Madrassa? This was a period of journalistic disgrace for which there is no parallel in any of the other networks.[/quote]

lol, really?

Fox sadly comes closest to balance in terms of time allotment.

And I?m sure no other networks drum up weaklings to argue the side of things they don?t like.

And no, all the other networks were still too busy running photoshoped pictures of Palin with a gun in a bikini.

Do this for me. Go back to whatever network you consider respectable and look through their news stories for politician scandals. Note how prominently or if at all party affiliation is mentioned.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
Then there was John Murtha and his nasty comments about soldiers that were eventually cleared of any wrong doing.

CHRIS MATTHEWS, HOST: Let me ask you Mr. Murtha to give us some details about that. Draw us a picture of what happened at Haditha.

REP. JOHN ?JACK? MURTHA: Well, I?ll tell you exactly what happened. One Marine was killed and the Marines just said we?re going to take care ? we don?t know who the enemy is, the pressure was too much on them, so they went into houses and they actually killed civilians. And, and ?

MATTHEWS:?was this My Lai? Was this a case of ? when you say cold blood Congressman, a lot of people think you?re basically saying you got some civilians sitting in a room around a field and they?re executed.

MURTHA: That?s exactly it.

This was before any investigation. I am sure others can add to the list. [/quote]

First of all, not everybody involved was “cleared of any wrong doing”. Charges are retained against at least one of the soldiers, and the case of another is currently appealed.

Then, you have to consider that the US army was behind the investigation. I do not expect that institution to be serving the best interests of the Iraqi people (the victims in this case). It should be obvious that the army didn’t need more bad publicity. The official story is full of inconsistencies, and the fact that there were witnesses doesn’t help either. Things would have certainly been different had they answered to an Iraqi tribunal.

This is a good recap’ of the Haditha killings.

Bottomline, this elected person singled out a group of people who were involved in a highly controversial affair. It is not even in the same league as these so-called journalists mocking not only the Canadian army, but pretty much the whole country. And it can in no way be considered “much worse”.

[quote]lixy wrote:
dhickey wrote:
Then there was John Murtha and his nasty comments about soldiers that were eventually cleared of any wrong doing.

CHRIS MATTHEWS, HOST: Let me ask you Mr. Murtha to give us some details about that. Draw us a picture of what happened at Haditha.

REP. JOHN ?JACK? MURTHA: Well, I?ll tell you exactly what happened. One Marine was killed and the Marines just said we?re going to take care ? we don?t know who the enemy is, the pressure was too much on them, so they went into houses and they actually killed civilians. And, and ?

MATTHEWS:?was this My Lai? Was this a case of ? when you say cold blood Congressman, a lot of people think you?re basically saying you got some civilians sitting in a room around a field and they?re executed.

MURTHA: That?s exactly it.

This was before any investigation. I am sure others can add to the list.

First of all, not everybody involved was “cleared of any wrong doing”. Charges are retained against at least one of the soldiers, and the case of another is currently appealed.

Then, you have to consider that the US army was behind the investigation. I do not expect that institution to be serving the best interests of the Iraqi people (the victims in this case). It should be obvious that the army didn’t need more bad publicity. The official story is full of inconsistencies, and the fact that there were witnesses doesn’t help either. Things would have certainly been different had they answered to an Iraqi tribunal.

This is a good recap’ of the Haditha killings.

Bottomline, this elected person singled out a group of people who were involved in a highly controversial affair. It is not even in the same league as these so-called journalists mocking not only the Canadian army, but pretty much the whole country. And it can in no way be considered “much worse”.[/quote]

They are not journalists. What John Murtha did was disgusting. Why would he say anything if there were no facts available? The “story” the OP is citing is stupid and a non-event.

“YukYuks” in Edmonton has canceled the comedian’s appearance due to an inordinate number of threats on his person (thanks to the viral message above).

Fox has also issued a weak apology.

I think that’s enough vindictive self-richeousness for one day. >:)

Bill Maher

“Since this war began the number of soldiers in Iraq who think Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11 has stunned us all. We continue to be surprised by the number of troops over there who still think we’re winning, convinced we’re doing good, and that if America pulls out they will follow us home.”

So American troops are not very bright?

“Our Troops Have a ?Dysfunctional, Abusive Relationship? With Bush”

So are troops are abused little puppies.

http://newsbusters.org/media/2006-03-17-HBORTBM.wmv
Our troop don’t read new papers and can’t possibly know why they are in Iraq and if they are winning.

John Kerry
?You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don?t, you get stuck in Iraq.?

Boy, I am starting to see a reoccuring theme here.

The point of all of this is…who cares what these people say? I have not seen anyone calling for HBO to issue an appology and I don’t beleive they should.

This is considered an apology?

“My apologies to the Canadian military, they probably could at least beat the Belgians.”

[quote]dennis3k wrote:
This is considered an apology?

“My apologies to the Canadian military, they probably could at least beat the Belgians.”

[/quote]

good one.

Taken from: http://www.vetvoice.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=2594&view=print

[quote]Fox News Mocks Service of Canadian Soldiers
by: Brandon Friedman
Mon Mar 23, 2009 at 17:02:17 PM EDT
This is Rob Furlong:

Rob is a Canadian. These days, he’s a police officer in Edmonton where he tries to live a pretty normal life. But in military circles, Rob is sort of famous. That’s because in the early days of the war in Afghanistan–only months after the 9/11 attacks–Rob was serving in the Canadian infantry as a sniper in the Shah-e-Kot Valley during Operation Anaconda. One day, while covering American soldiers of the 101st Airborne Division, Rob killed an al Qaeda fighter carrying an RPK machine gun. It was one of many that week for Rob and his team. For their service during the operation, the Americans of the 101st Airborne will always be indebted. Maclean’s put it this way:

They destroyed al-Qaeda firing positions, saved American lives and tallied a body count unmatched by any Canadian soldier of their generation. U.S. commanders who served alongside the snipers nominated all five for the coveted Bronze Star medal. “Thank God the Canadians were there,” is how one American soldier put it.

The thing was, the al Qaeda fighter with the RPK was nearly a mile and a half away when Rob took the shot–and no one before had ever recorded a kill at such a long distance.

This is all true. I was there.

Now. This is Greg Gutfeld:

Greg wasn’t in the Shah-e-Kot Valley and he’s never been to Afghanistan. In fact, Greg has never provided cover of any kind for American troops in the field. I’ll have more about Greg and some of his friends in just a minute.

But back to Rob Furlong. This is footage of Rob Furlong’s colleagues–members of his Canadian infantry unit–in action, in Afghanistan, in 2006:

As you can see, Rob’s colleagues are in what we in the military call “the shit.” And they’ve been putting their lives on the line there since 2001–after the United States was attacked. They even decided to continue helping after the first four Canadian troops killed in Afghanistan were killed at the hands of an American pilot in 2002. And they’re still there now, even after four more Canadians were killed last week, bringing their total number of killed to 116.

Okay. Now, about Greg. Greg hosts a TV show with his colleagues in the media on Fox News. It’s called Red Eye and it’s on late at night. Like him, Greg’s colleagues have never provided cover of any kind for American troops fighting in Afghanistan or anywhere else. But for some reason, when they all got together last week, they decided it would be funny to mock those who had. That is, they decided to deride members of the Canadian military–troops like Rob Furlong and the four killed on Thursday–for being effeminate slackers and stupid pansies who can’t hack it.

This is Greg and his crew last week engaged in their version of “action:”

NewsHounds has a great write-up with the portions of the transcript here.

At this point, Greg Gutfeld and his handlers at Fox News have embarrassed the United States. And when I say that, I’m not exaggerating. As the video clip featuring Fox’s unabashed chickenhawks spread across the country, Canada’s Defence Minister called for a Fox News apology–which he and the rest of the country received this afternoon.

And it’s great that Gutfeld has apologized for the ignorant chatter over which he presided last Tuesday, but it’s still demonstrative of the larger problem we face in this country of the disconnect between those who serve in uniform and those who don’t. Fox News is part of the problem. They always have been. And until that culture changes, we can expect to see more Greg Gutfeld’s on the air mocking those who’ve sacrificed in the service of their country–or someone else’s country–like Rob Furlong and his brothers in Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry.[/quote]

Fuck yeah.

ElbowStrike

[quote]
FOX is by far the most balanced.[/quote]

lol.

[quote]Unaware wrote:

FOX is by far the most balanced.

lol.
[/quote]

name one major network more balanced.

[quote]Gael wrote:

Do you remember fox’s run about the Obama being schooled in a Madrassa? This was a period of journalistic disgrace for which there is no parallel in any of the other networks.[/quote]

Er… pretty sure CNN broke that story.

Just letting you know.