T Nation

Pathetic Soyboys Insult Dead Soldiers

(EDIT)

UPDATE!

http://www.vetvoice.com/ said it better than I ever could.

My original post follows...

(/EDIT)

FOX "News" Network has sunken to an all-time low, now directly insulting America's allies and the men and women in uniform fighting for the NATO mission in Afghanistan.

I have friends and family in the Canadian Forces. Some deployed in Afghanistan right now.

I have absolutely no tolerance for this, and neither should you.

If anyone has friends or relatives in Canadian military and/or the Edmonton area, please forward them this note:

"Dear members of CFB EDMONTON and Friends and Family, in case you have not heard, members of FOX "News" Network have recently committed serious insult to our country, military, and the soldiers who have died in Afghanistan. Please watch the clip in question here:

One of the "comedians" on this show can be seen live in Edmonton from April 2-5 at The Comic Strip.
Make sure you go and thank Doug Benson in person for dishonoring dead Canadian soldiers.

Please forward this message to everyone you know in the Canadian military and the Edmonton area."

Now go do the right thing. :wink:

ElbowStrike

Sounded pretty stupid to me. But honestly you are getting up in arms about this? Sounded like they were making fun of the military/political leadership not individual soldiers.

I mean really why tell the world you’re military is under equipped and unable to act?

I wish everyone could just take a year break to get their act together.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
I mean really why tell the world you’re military is under equipped and unable to act?

I wish everyone could just take a year break to get their act together.[/quote]

We have been pulling more than our weight in Afghanistan since the initial invasion.

We have had the highest casualty rate out of any nation stationed there, as we have been fighting solely in the most dangerous parts of the region.

That we lost 4 soldiers in a single day less than a week ago makes these “journalists’” comments particularly despicable.

Meanwhile, other NATO partners restrict themselves to “peace-keeping” duties, guarding an oil pipeline, and spending trillions on war in a certain other country that had nothing to do with 9/11.

During this entire time, since 2001, we have been meeting with every other goddamn NATO partner telling them that we cannot maintain this mission forever and that they need to do their bloody part.

So you’re goddamn right that with President Obama’s troop surge, it’s time we pull back and regroup for one year out of the eight we’ve been supporting our NATO obligations, so that we can then redeploy.

That’s certainly more than 90% of America’s other NATO allies can say for themselves.

ElbowStrike

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:

I wish everyone could just take a year break to get their act together.

We have been pulling more than our weight in Afghanistan since the initial invasion.

We have had the highest casualty rate out of any nation stationed there, as we have been fighting solely in the most dangerous parts of the region.

That we lost 4 soldiers in a single day less than a week ago makes these “journalists’” comments particularly despicable.

Meanwhile, other NATO partners restrict themselves to “peace-keeping” duties, guarding an oil pipeline, and spending trillions on war in a certain other country that had nothing to do with 9/11.

During this entire time, since 2001, we have been meeting with every other goddamn NATO partner telling them that we cannot maintain this mission forever and that they need to do their bloody part.

So you’re goddamn right that with President Obama’s troop surge, it’s time we pull back and regroup for one year out of the eight we’ve been supporting our NATO obligations, so that we can then redeploy.

That’s certainly more than 90% of America’s other NATO allies can say for themselves.

ElbowStrike[/quote]

A couple of morons on a late night show make a stupid comment and you turn into this?

Just when I though fox news was complete trash, they take another dive.

What is this shit? This isn’t news or even news commentary. This is a bunch of dipshits sitting around a table trying to crack snide jokes.

1. America has been foolish enough to subsidize the defense costs of other nations and these guys choose to laugh about it. Yeah big joke here. 11 trillion dollars in debt and the joke is on them?

2)Canada has deployed thousands of troops in Afghanistan. This worthless asswipe should burn in hell.

It’s amazing, there are people on this forum who actually like fox news.

Trash.

My point is that I think the US has been doing it’s fair share too.

Fortunately, no foreign news station ever says anything negative about our administration or our soldiers. /sarcasm

From the sounds of it, the current Canadian military situation sounds pretty weak and pathetic (underfunded).

If we to have done our part, maybe we can take a break for a year too.

Personally, stupid shows like that are why I no longer watch television news.

What is this shit? This isn’t news or even news commentary. This is a bunch of dipshits sitting around a table trying to crack snide jokes.

1. America has been foolish enough to subsidize the defense costs of other nations and these guys choose to laugh about it. Yeah big joke here. 11 trillion dollars in debt and the joke is on them?

2)Canada has deployed thousands of troops in Afghanistan. This worthless asswipe should burn in hell.

Trash.

[quote]Gael wrote:

Trash.[/quote]

Please, oh Please, point out a respectable, responsible, honorable, unbiased news network anywhere, and I will be glad to watch it.

That’s what gets your panties in a bunch? “Journalists” throwing around stereotypes on a (generally) hate-filled and ultra-nationalistic network?

I would understand your attitude if it were the US Secretary of State or something, but talking heads on FOX (of all places)? Really?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Gael wrote:

Trash.

Please, oh Please, point out a respectable, responsible, honorable, unbiased news network anywhere, and I will be glad to watch it.[/quote]

Doesn’t exist. But it should be obvious that some news channels are less biased than others.

[quote]lixy wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
Gael wrote:

Trash.

Please, oh Please, point out a respectable, responsible, honorable, unbiased news network anywhere, and I will be glad to watch it.

Doesn’t exist. But it should be obvious that some news channels are less biased than others.[/quote]

Lixy you can say it they just are not biased your way.

[quote]lixy wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
Gael wrote:

Trash.

Doesn’t exist. But it should be obvious that some news channels are less biased than others.[/quote]

I personally don’t see NBS, CBS, BBC, FOX, CNN, est. any considerably more or less corrupt than the others.

[quote]John S. wrote:
lixy wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
Gael wrote:

Trash.

Doesn’t exist. But it should be obvious that some news channels are less biased than others.

Lixy you can say it they just are not biased your way.[/quote]

Actually considering soldier bashing is one of lixy’s hobbies, it depends on how you look at it.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Gael wrote:

Trash.

Please, oh Please, point out a respectable, responsible, honorable, unbiased news network anywhere, and I will be glad to watch it.[/quote]

This is not about bias, which is inevitable. This is about a complete lack of professionalism and responsibility and journalistic integrity. No network is perfect, but Fox News stands in a class of it’s own. Fox News is the anti journalism.

[quote]lixy wrote:
That’s what gets your panties in a bunch? “Journalists” throwing around stereotypes on a (generally) hate-filled and ultra-nationalistic network?

I would understand your attitude if it were the US Secretary of State or something, but talking heads on FOX (of all places)? Really?[/quote]

Our own representatives have said much worse about US troops. This shouldn’t even register.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
Our own representatives have said much worse about US troops. [/quote]

Do tell.

[quote]Gael wrote:

This is not about bias, which is inevitable. This is about a complete lack of professionalism and responsibility and journalistic integrity. No network is perfect, but Fox News stands in a class of it’s own. Fox News is the anti journalism.

[/quote]

Give me a break. As much as I dislike all TV new outlets, FOX is by far the most balanced. They have liberal comentary and guests on almost every show. Probalby why I can’t stand FOX either. The only one I watch is Neil Cavuto, but there are other programs I would sooner watch than anything on NBC, CNN, ABC, and CBS. Not every show on FOX is Sean Hannity’s America.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
Gael wrote:

Give me a break. As much as I dislike all TV new outlets, FOX is by far the most balanced. They have liberal comentary and guests on almost every show. Probalby why I can’t stand FOX either. The only one I watch is Neil Cavuto, but there are other programs I would sooner watch than anything on NBC, CNN, ABC, and CBS. Not every show on FOX is Sean Hannity’s America.[/quote]

Bias aside, I have always found FOX TV news channel to be childish is format. But like I said, I can’t stand to watch any of them anymore.

[quote]lixy wrote:
dhickey wrote:
Our own representatives have said much worse about US troops.

Do tell.[/quote]

I quit keeping track. I am surprised you don’t have cut and pasted into an archived document.

The one that stands out was about our troops doing nothing more than air raiding villiages and killing civilians.

Then there was John Murtha and his nasty comments about soldiers that were eventually cleared of any wrong doing.

CHRIS MATTHEWS, HOST: Let me ask you Mr. Murtha to give us some details about that. Draw us a picture of what happened at Haditha.

REP. JOHN ?JACK? MURTHA: Well, I?ll tell you exactly what happened. One Marine was killed and the Marines just said we?re going to take care ? we don?t know who the enemy is, the pressure was too much on them, so they went into houses and they actually killed civilians. And, and ?

MATTHEWS:?was this My Lai? Was this a case of ? when you say cold blood Congressman, a lot of people think you?re basically saying you got some civilians sitting in a room around a field and they?re executed.

MURTHA: That?s exactly it.

This was before any investigation. I am sure others can add to the list.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
Gael wrote:

Give me a break. As much as I dislike all TV new outlets, FOX is by far the most balanced. They have liberal comentary and guests on almost every show. Probalby why I can’t stand FOX either. The only one I watch is Neil Cavuto, but there are other programs I would sooner watch than anything on NBC, CNN, ABC, and CBS. Not every show on FOX is Sean Hannity’s America.[/quote]

The liberal guests they dig up are weak debate personalities and are rarely anyone of consequence.

Fox never does any real journalism.

Do you remember fox’s run about the Obama being schooled in a Madrassa? This was a period of journalistic disgrace for which there is no parallel in any of the other networks.