Pat Tillman, True American Hero

Remember hailing him a true T-Man, “the ultimate man like only an american can be” as Ann Coulter stated. Would she have said that if it was known he thought the Iraq war was illegal or that he supported Kerry?

Yes and more so. A true soldier, a true patriot, does his job even if he does not always agree with the people above him.

[quote]Valor wrote:
Remember hailing him a true T-Man, “the ultimate man like only an american can be” as Ann Coulter stated. Would she have said that if it was known he thought the Iraq war was illegal or that he supported Kerry?

Yes and more so. A true soldier, a true patriot, does his job even if he does not always agree with the people above him.[/quote]

You, I can accept with your statement. Ann Coulter… and others with her mind set, I don’t think so! People like her hate and think anyone is a traitor who doesn’t bow at the altar of Bush.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:

You, I can accept with your statement. Ann Coulter… and others with her mind set, I don’t think so! People like her hate and think anyone is a traitor who doesn’t bow at the altar of Bush. [/quote]

You’re clueless. Here’s Ann Coulter “bowing at the alter of Bush”. anncoulter.org - This website is for sale! - anncoulter Resources and Information.

NOT A HERO.

please explain what makes him a hero. giving up a football contract to go and join the army? not heroic. if anything, a very bad business decision. getting killed? dying in battle whether killed by the enemy or friendly fire does not make you a hero.

Leonidas and the 300, those were heroes. Pat Tillman is not.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Marmadogg wrote:
Ding dong Delay is gone. The wingnut movement in the GOP is on its last breath. Maybe we can get back to real governance and keep the liberals from controling the house.

I hope so.

Delay is going nowhere. The trumped up charges will go long before Delay does. Everyone with a hint of a functioning braincell knows this.
[/quote]

Delay’s power is gone as long as he is not the whip. The longer he is out of this role the less likely he will get put back into that job. Continuity is more important to the party in charge and many Republicans have grown weary of Delay’s arm twisting.

Why do you think Hastert and Delay tried to put the closeted homosexual Drier there as a place holder? The rest of the GOP said no and now we have Roy Blunt as the whip.

Unless money laundering gets Blunt busted too he will remain the whip and Delay will be on the outside looking in.

Delay will remain in the house but he will be marginalized now that he has been indicted and is no longer the whip.

This should be obvious to you.

[quote]reddog6376 wrote:
Dedicated wrote:

You, I can accept with your statement. Ann Coulter… and others with her mind set, I don’t think so! People like her hate and think anyone is a traitor who doesn’t bow at the altar of Bush.

You’re clueless. Here’s Ann Coulter “bowing at the alter of Bush”. anncoulter.org - This website is for sale! - anncoulter Resources and Information.
[/quote]

That proves it…

lol

[quote]Rah-Knee wrote:
NOT A HERO.

please explain what makes him a hero. giving up a football contract to go and join the army? not heroic. if anything, a very bad business decision. getting killed? dying in battle whether killed by the enemy or friendly fire does not make you a hero.

Leonidas and the 300, those were heroes. Pat Tillman is not.[/quote]

Ok, totally acceptable comment, if that is how you truly feel. All I ask is that you quickly outline why the Spartans at Thermopylae were heroes and Ranger Tillman was not? There are many parallels between them. They both left home and family to take the fight to the enemy and both ended up dying. I would like to hear the argument that just because The Hot Gates was a ‘suicide’ mission (horrible term but easiest for most to understand) and Afghanistan was not that the 300 were heroes and Tillman was not. Oh, and I ask, forget about football. Many men leave families of five, six, or even just one to fight and don’t come home. My wife is more precious than a fucking football contract.

[quote]Rah-Knee wrote:
NOT A HERO.

Leonidas and the 300, those were heroes. Pat Tillman is not.[/quote]

Please define your idea of a hero then.

Because I would really like to know what you think.

So all the men and women in Iraq that have died are just some second class citizen? There sacrifice means nothing.
We cant call them heroes because they died.

Well, I think everyone of them including Pat Tillman are heroes.

All the people who have died so you can sit at home and type on your computer and dog them and say that they are not heroes. I hate when I come across people like you who have no respect for what we do. And take all of your luxuries for granted.

Fratricide is the most tragic of deaths in war. It breaks my heart.

Imagine how bad the guys that fired on his unit felt.

The soldiers that fired on him were from the same unit. The CO split his force at dusk on orders from his BC. The one company came back around on the other at which point they were fired on by the other half.

It destroyed not only the lives of those killed and their families, but also the lives of those that did the killing and their commanders.

I understand the Army’s desire to safeguard the image of a high-profile hero. I don’t necessarily condone it, but I don’t know how I would have responded in the same position. The moral compass is a little fuzzy on this one.

This is a scenario in which everybody loses - all the way around.

RB

[quote]Goku_SS4 wrote:
Rah-Knee wrote:
NOT A HERO.

So all the men and women in Iraq that have died are just some second class citizen? There sacrifice means nothing.

All the people who have died so you can sit at home and type on your computer and dog them and say that they are not heroes. I hate when I come across people like you who have no respect for what we do. And take all of your luxuries for granted.

[/quote]

and i hate it when people in the military actually think they are defending my freedom and not the interests of very large companies. the freedom of americans in general has not been threatened since 1941, and even then only slightly. oh well, live your life as an ignorant pawn of Halliburton. it doesn’t matter to me.

michael c, i’ll give you a few reasons i think the way i do. the men at thermopylae knew they were going to die. not just thought there was a good chance they might be injured, the knew for certainty that they were going to die. they had the chance to abandon the field or surrender and let the persians pass through unhampered, which would have completely fucked over the rest of greece, as they were scrambling to assemble an army to deal with the invasion. the greek states and every person living in a democracy today owes those 300 men a great deal more than they probably know. had they taken the easy way out and not fought to the death, it likely would have meant the demise of democracy before it had a chance to spread outside of greece.

tillman isn’t a hero. his decision to join the military was a poor one at best and his death is ultimately meaningless, unless you’re a major shareholder in the companies behind the war or an immediate family member of friend.

[quote]Rah-Knee wrote:
Goku_SS4 wrote:
Rah-Knee wrote:
NOT A HERO.

and i hate it when people in the military actually think they are defending my freedom and not the interests of very large companies. the freedom of americans in general has not been threatened since 1941, and even then only slightly. oh well, live your life as an ignorant pawn of Halliburton. it doesn’t matter to me.

michael c, i’ll give you a few reasons i think the way i do. the men at thermopylae knew they were going to die. not just thought there was a good chance they might be injured, the knew for certainty that they were going to die. they had the chance to abandon the field or surrender and let the persians pass through unhampered, which would have completely fucked over the rest of greece, as they were scrambling to assemble an army to deal with the invasion. the greek states and every person living in a democracy today owes those 300 men a great deal more than they probably know. had they taken the easy way out and not fought to the death, it likely would have meant the demise of democracy before it had a chance to spread outside of greece.

tillman isn’t a hero. his decision to join the military was a poor one at best and his death is ultimately meaningless, unless you’re a major shareholder in the companies behind the war or an immediate family member of friend.
[/quote]

Son I really hope when you grow up, learn to spell and use capitalization, you’ll appreciate bravery, honor and sacrafice. They are lost on you at this point.

[quote]Rah-Knee wrote:
Goku_SS4 wrote:
Rah-Knee wrote:
NOT A HERO.

[/quote]
So who is defending your freedom if it isnt us? Damn sure isnt you.

And the way I look at it EVERY man and woman that leaves a family behind,wife,kids or what ever they have to go over and fight for all americans are heroes. No questions ask.

We arent defending Halliburton. We defend all americans. And if you dont agree than that is fine that is the freedom you have and the right because people long before me fought for it. And people long after me will continue to fight for it.

And if you cant see that we (military) fight for you then Im sorry. But, we will still continue to fight for you and all others so that the ones who can not fight or the ones who wont, will continue to have all the things that are so precious and mean so much to all of us.

We dont need your thanks or your support. We just do it anyway.

Goku

[quote]hedo wrote:
Rah-Knee wrote:
Goku_SS4 wrote:
Rah-Knee wrote:
NOT A HERO.

Son I really hope when you grow up, learn to spell and use capitalization, you’ll appreciate bravery, honor and sacrafice. They are lost on you at this point.
[/quote]

Thank you Hedo, I couldnt have said it better myself.

All you who think that war is not necessary…well you maybe right, but that is not the situation. So instead of ranting and raving, why dont we support those men and women who are keeping us alive and free.

I am tired of all you fing hypocrites on this site who chime in with a god damn political statement that you feel is necessary to believe in. Everybody here is about three things, training, knowledge and entertainment. Political views are great for another arena and place. If you do not believe in what are brethren are doing for us, go display your comments somewhere else.

As for the comments about Pat Tillman being over-exposed…well, let’s say Americans have always wanted to believe in heros and follow their example. Pat Tillman offered that hero to them in many ways…not only athletically, but morally and ethically. He was a young hero who lost his life too early. I thank him and the rest of those out there keeping my ass and my family’s ass safe.

Until you understand what people are doing to keep us safe here, then shut the f-up or go somewhere else.

Thankful American,
SP

[quote]hedo wrote:

[/quote]

just another military guy getting pissed at the truth. and if you’re going to try to point out spelling mistakes then learn how to spell “sacrifice”. i really hope that when you grow up you educate yourself about what it is you’ve spent the past however many years of your life doing. the american military doesn’t defend anyones freedom, it makes american companies richer.

“So who is defending your freedom if it isnt us? Damn sure isnt you”

who exactly is attacking my freedom? damn sure isn’t iraqis of afghanis. the constitution and laws of our nation defend my freedoms. not the military.

“And the way I look at it EVERY man and woman that leaves a family behind,wife,kids or what ever they have to go over and fight for all americans are heroes. No questions ask.”

your opinion.

“We arent defending Halliburton. We defend all americans. And if you dont agree than that is fine that is the freedom you have and the right because people long before me fought for it. And people long after me will continue to fight for it.”

high dollar hitmen. that’s all the armed forces are. big companies run the show. they want some local boob on the other side of the world removed so that they can drill for oil in his backyard, guess who gets sent to do it? there’s no doubt that in the past when our nation was actually threatened that our military “defended” us. that hasn’t been the case in over 60 years.

“And if you cant see that we (military) fight for you then Im sorry. But, we will still continue to fight for you and all others so that the ones who can not fight or the ones who wont, will continue to have all the things that are so precious and mean so much to all of us.”

if you can’t see that you don’t fight for the american people and only serve to protect the foreign interests of american companies, then i’m sorry.

“We dont need your thanks or your support. We just do it anyway.”

you will never get my thanks, so don’t hold your breath. however i will support the doctrine of imposing our will on other nations. if you’re not fucking someone over, they’re fucking you over.

perhaps someday you guys will stop believeing whatever you’re told and do a little research.

Did anyone here actually need to look up Rah-Knee’s profile to know that his occupation would be “student”?

Rah-Knee = Al Shades

Chock full of Tube Steak Boogie.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Rah-Knee = Al Shades

Chock full of Tube Steak Boogie. [/quote]

Fuck, I’ll admit that when I was a “student” I was an idealistic liberal douchebag. When I transferred from one college to another, Howard Dean’s cousin (my Constitutional Law professor) literally cried, blubbering, “You were the one”. Back then I wrote papers pointing out the pure evil of original intent. It only took graduation, the reality of our tax structure, and fatherhood to get my mind right.

I hold out hope that both Al Shades and Rah-Knee (assuming they are different people) come to their senses.

[quote]strongFB wrote:
All you who think that war is not necessary…well you maybe right, but that is not the situation. So instead of ranting and raving, why dont we support those men and women who are keeping us alive and free.

I am tired of all you fing hypocrites on this site who chime in with a god damn political statement that you feel is necessary to believe in. Everybody here is about three things, training, knowledge and entertainment. Political views are great for another arena and place. If you do not believe in what are brethren are doing for us, go display your comments somewhere else.

As for the comments about Pat Tillman being over-exposed…well, let’s say Americans have always wanted to believe in heros and follow their example. Pat Tillman offered that hero to them in many ways…not only athletically, but morally and ethically. He was a young hero who lost his life too early. I thank him and the rest of those out there keeping my ass and my family’s ass safe.

Until you understand what people are doing to keep us safe here, then shut the f-up or go somewhere else.

Thankful American,
SP[/quote]

Agreed.

RB

[quote]Rah-Knee wrote:
hedo wrote:

just another military guy getting pissed at the truth. and if you’re going to try to point out spelling mistakes then learn how to spell “sacrifice”. i really hope that when you grow up you educate yourself about what it is you’ve spent the past however many years of your life doing. the american military doesn’t defend anyones freedom, it makes american companies richer.

“So who is defending your freedom if it isnt us? Damn sure isnt you”

who exactly is attacking my freedom? damn sure isn’t iraqis of afghanis. the constitution and laws of our nation defend my freedoms. not the military.

“And the way I look at it EVERY man and woman that leaves a family behind,wife,kids or what ever they have to go over and fight for all americans are heroes. No questions ask.”

your opinion.

“We arent defending Halliburton. We defend all americans. And if you dont agree than that is fine that is the freedom you have and the right because people long before me fought for it. And people long after me will continue to fight for it.”

high dollar hitmen. that’s all the armed forces are. big companies run the show. they want some local boob on the other side of the world removed so that they can drill for oil in his backyard, guess who gets sent to do it? there’s no doubt that in the past when our nation was actually threatened that our military “defended” us. that hasn’t been the case in over 60 years.

“And if you cant see that we (military) fight for you then Im sorry. But, we will still continue to fight for you and all others so that the ones who can not fight or the ones who wont, will continue to have all the things that are so precious and mean so much to all of us.”

if you can’t see that you don’t fight for the american people and only serve to protect the foreign interests of american companies, then i’m sorry.

“We dont need your thanks or your support. We just do it anyway.”

you will never get my thanks, so don’t hold your breath. however i will support the doctrine of imposing our will on other nations. if you’re not fucking someone over, they’re fucking you over.

perhaps someday you guys will stop believeing whatever you’re told and do a little research.

[/quote]

I;ll get right on it after the class and kegger.