Pat Tillman - T-Man

Wherever he is now? What’s left of him is in a box somewhere getting prepped for a flight home at which point he’ll be put into the ground.

As far as his sacrifice, you have to respect his decisions based on principle. He knew what he was doing, and it was the right choice for him so you gotta go with the knowledge that he did what was right for him.

Condolences to his family and friends.

I hope people outside the T-forum appreciate the sacrafice Tillman made for them. I know football commentators are only trying to make the game more entertaining and they’ve got to be dramatic sometimes, but next time they are about to compare a game to a war, they should think twice.

I haven’t been following this story very closely so I dont know how Eli Manning relates to it. Could someone fill me in?

Yeah the little B!@#$% Eli Manning will refuse to play if he doesn’t go to the team he wants to (i.e. selfish)

Lucid - you are a dumbass.

This thread is a tribute to a true hero who has given America a face to put with the 860 other heroes who have paid the ultimate price for pur freedom.

I’ll put this as P.C. as I can - if you can’t say something nice just shut the fuck up.

Pat Tillman was a great man.

But that fact has nothing to do with Eli Manning.

If I were in his shoes, I wouldn’t want to go to SD either.

I think that Eli’s refusal to go to SD is a sign that he isn’t all about the $$$. He wants to be on a team that will actually win some games.

Eli has great talent, why throw it away on the Chargers?

Lucid I agree with you and what you feel but the media is going to put Mr Tillman where he is at. Is it like what I said I lost a couple of really good friends but I don’t get disgruntled because they are not noterized as long as I know them that is all that matters. Mr Tillman was a pro-football player turned soldier the fact that he fas a football player before gave him the popularity, but in all honesty I think he would want to be remembered as a Ranger.

Actually ChrisR it has alot to do with it. Eli Manning the punk that he is throws a tempertantrum about what team he wants to be on and at the same time a former NFL football player turned soldier is KIA. It reflects the values and leadership traits taht people have.
Eli manning, none except for he is a whining P.O.S. and he is a selfish bastard.

Pat Tillman
Honor,Courage,fortitude,integrity,Humility etc.etc. ( Eli manning could learn from these)

Lucid you’re a f#$%#in idiot

SH!@,
I give up on this forum, rainjack good call bro, Lucid your a piece of SH*! for that remark and bottom line is Eli Manning a whining pussy.

please guys, don’t turn this thread to remember a hero into a conversation about eli manning, save it. Pat is a man deserves everyones respect and he will always be a hero in America. We need more men like Pat Tillman.

I understand Pat Tillman giving up a 3.4 million dollar job at age 27, may he r.i.p. and prayers to his family, but what makes him different than any other soldier? Why don’t we make a post for every other soldier that’s been killed in combat?

bigjr what the FUCK are you talking about.

bringing up eli manning in this conversation. and people with hummber h2’s.

i guess all of us here are selfish retards because we aren’t out fighting a war, instead we are worrying about our next workout routine, or how to make our physique look better.

get a grip. there is nothing wrong with living your life the way you want to. if you dont have it in you to drop everything, even your family, to go fight in a war, that is ok… the people that do drop everything they have to fight, we respect them. but not everybody has that in them. and not everyone believes in it enough to do it.

im pretty sure eli, lebron, and george bush (all of whom are not fighting physically in the war), respect the efforts of our soldiers…

sorry but you have got to come back to earth

peace

I believe Pat Tillman defines the word “hero”. This is not to take away from the other hundreds of soldiers who have died in the war on terrorism, as all who serve make sacrifices. You just gotta respect a man who can voluntarily turn away from millions to serve his country.

As for Eli Manning, he’s such a pussy. He was before this happened but it brings a magnifying glass onto him as a punk. He should want to do the best he can for whatever team drafts him, not try to pick and choose. As I recall, the Colts weren’t much to look at when they got the elder Manning.

Where do we get MEN like this?
I think he knew the big picture, we got attacked big time. We didn’t have a wussy pussy DemocRAT admin. running the show. We finally have a man back in the House!!! Whom understands the Bar has risen. It’s us or them, fuck or walk, fight or shut the fuck up. How do you create peace, with insane animals? kill them first, free the people and conduct the peace!
You don’t have Peace until you win the War.
Turning the honored dead into propaganda to Vietnamize the war is sick, 60’s Shit!
I hope this spurs an upserge in recruiting and Kids learn that Peace and freedom are not easy or free. That there is a big cost, and dressing up in clown suits and painting your face, hating Bush and supporting the terrorist, Unwittingly or not is the path way to slavery.
I live in Berkeley, Ca and the stupid are in full force. fortunatly Bush will win in a landslide, Pat and all of our Magnificent, Beautiful Soldiers will not be disgraced, by a Clinton Pussy- Kerry.
I’ve ranted on enough, I’ll pray for our troops, their families and for the USA.

Time to buck up, it’s always the worst just before it get’s better. Sort of like pyramiding Bicep curls up and down.

Always Faithful,

Mike

I heard some guy on the radio say that Pat was voted t-man of the year a few years ago?
How about for the decade?

Mike

i respect mr. tillman because he did something very few people would do: he decided to give up money, comfort, put his family aside, only to do what was right. i respect mr. tillman and all other men and women who are serving in the various battlefields all over the world, risking their lives so that we can live in comfort. i am saddened that such men and women have to die. god bless him and god bless and protect them all.

I apologize about bringing up manning, my intentions were to not start an uproar but the compare people and there values, I went off a little because I get mad about how selfish some people can be.
And Jamno I know what I’m talking about . Im a Marine I served (0331) I’m not gonna go on and on about it. Come back to earth thats clever Do yourself a favor pay attention to the Thread and Read. And calling me a selfish retard? in all honesty I’ll tell you what I’m worried about (and its not my workout routine). About a year and a half ago I received a medical discharge from the Marine Corps. I had a cavatated lung and Hypoxemia (fluid retention in the lungs due to three bouts with phnuemonia). What I am worried about is not being able to fight for my family my friends and my Marines.

Here are the details for eveyone

DoD Identifies Army Casualty

???The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Spc. Patrick D. Tillman, 27, of Chandler, Ariz., died April 22, in Afghanistan when his patrol vehicle came under attack.? Spc. Tillman was assigned to the Army?s 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, Fort Lewis, Wash.

This all kind of makes Kellen Winslow Jr look like an even bigger idiot!

Pat Tillman was one of the few modern heros for todays youth that i can think of its a shame he had to go. Hopefully the story will still make it out there to the youth in a way that can inspire them. Kids today need more people to look up to it seems like most of the people in the spot light are worthless as role modles now days