T Nation

Pat Robertson Speaks to Teens

I’m not really a fan of the Rev., but every once in a while, he says some interesting things.

http://www.manassasjm.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=MJM%2FMGArticle%2FWPN_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1137836062436&path=!news

[i]Robertson speaks to teens

By ELISA A. GLUSHEFSKI
eglushefski@potomacnews.com
Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Rev. Pat Robertson, a noted Republican famous for lambasting leftist groups, turned his criticism to the Republican Party in his speech at the Third Annual Virginia Federation of Teenage Republicans Convention on Saturday afternoon.

The founder of the Christian Broadcast Network charged the Republican Congress as “abandoning” fiscal responsibility, noting among other things the $223 million for the construction of a bridge connecting Alaska’s Gravina Island to Ketchikan (also dubbed “the Bridge to Nowhere”).

“This is our government at work, and unfortunately it is run by Republicans,” he said…[/i]

Did he offer any suggestions on keeping the deficit in check?

Perhaps raise taxes?
Roll back the tax cuts?
Pull out of Iraq?

Pray?

Anything?

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
Did he offer any suggestions on keeping the deficit in check?

Perhaps raise taxes?
Roll back the tax cuts?
Pull out of Iraq?

Pray?

Anything?[/quote]

Have you?

Ok.

I say the tax cuts should be rolled back and taxes should be raised.

There should be a poll: will the US troops be pulled from Iraq, or will there be an effort to win this war quickly. This could mean a return of the draft.

Also, “star wars” should be scrapped. Development of new nuclear weapons should be stopped and the stock of existing nuclear weapons should be reduced to 10%.

This will free up the necessary funds to fight the war on terror intelligently.

Now I have.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
Ok.

There should be a poll: will the US troops be pulled from Iraq, or will there be an effort to win this war quickly. This could mean a return of the draft.

Also, “star wars” should be scrapped. Development of new nuclear weapons should be stopped and the stock of existing nuclear weapons should be reduced to 10%.

Now I have.[/quote]

and we are all dumber for having heard it

[quote]biltritewave wrote:
Wreckless wrote:
Ok.

Now I have.

and we are all dumber for having heard it [/quote]

Somebody had to read it out loud to you?

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
biltritewave wrote:
Wreckless wrote:

Somebody had to read it out loud to you?[/quote]

I just spit up some coffee on my pants from laughing.

Wreckless wrote:
Ok.

Now I have.

and we are all dumber for having heard it [/quote]

As opposed to the brilliance coming out of your party.

Christ, how many times do you idiots have to fail before you lose that arrogance?

Tell Denny Hastert not to drop the soap!

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
biltritewave wrote:
Wreckless wrote:
Ok.

Now I have.

Somebody had to read it out loud to you?[/quote]

no i read it out loud to a group of sane people to verify that you infact were one straw short of a slurpee

Wreckless wrote:
biltritewave wrote:
Wreckless wrote:
Ok.

Now I have.

Somebody had to read it out loud to you?

no i read it out loud to a group of sane people to verify that you infact were one straw short of a slurpee[/quote]

Hey, don’t blame me. You were pretty stupid before you read it.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
Ok.

I say the tax cuts should be rolled back and taxes should be raised.[/quote]

May I ask what tax bracket that you are in. Or even if I might be so bold, how much you make…roughly…

A poll? What does that prove?

You don’t run the country by poll.

And both parties are against the draft so forget it.

Two more laughable ideas…(shaking head)

[quote]This will free up the necessary funds to fight the war on terror intelligently.

Now I have.[/quote]

Well you have not given any good ideas.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

1. Yes you may.
  2. The poll would proove that if the US goes to war, everybody goes to war. You can’t have a pretty little war at the expense of others and party on.
  3. I agree, star wars is a laughable idea. Also, having enough nukes to destroy the world 100 times is a waste of money. 10 times should suffice.
  4. And you have?

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
ZEB wrote:

1. Yes you may.[/quote]

Okay, since I have your permission, how much money do you make per year?

Polls change like the weather. Good leaders get the proper information and act, they don’t worry about polls.

And you are an expert on nukes?

I’ll stick with the current administration. For some reason I think they have better information than you. And they are better able to assimilate the information than you…or me.

1. None of your business.
  2. A good leader would have informed his people that they can not fight a war on the other side off the globe and continue to party on.
  3. Not on nukes, but I can handle simple math.
  4. What? That’s your alternative? Should I remind you tat your “current administration” in recent history had far more unreliable information than me?

But, it’s nice to know that I’m held in higher regard than Pat Robertson.
He’s applauded for noticing that perhaps a hughe deficit is not so cool.
I’m expected to solve the matter.

All in good days work I guess.

Any other problems you want me to handle?

I really couldn’t legpress the weights he’s using though.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:

I’m expected to solve the matter.[/quote]

No actually you’re not. And that’s my point. Neither you nor I have enough information to solve the matter. But we do have enough to rant on a message board… (sigh~)

I bet you could if you used the same sort of form that he’s using. I have no idea who told him that that was a proper rep but the man should be chastised!