Pat Robertson: Legalize Pot

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
I am a Rastafari and my religious practices require it.

[/quote]

And I am sure the Federal Chancellery of Austria would love to hear all about it… Feel free to write them at your earliest convenience…[/quote]

They dont care.

But they pretend they to, to be a respectable government and all.

The truth is that they have pretty much given up.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:
Come up with a way to test for impairment at the time the person does something stupid (ex. getting behind the wheel of a car) and it would get legalized real quick.[/quote]

Sobriety and performance tests. That’s all that matters anyway is someone’s performance while operating a motor vehicle or while on the job.[/quote]

Exactly but right now there isn’t a reliable test that can be used to measure impairment level of THC.[/quote]

Yeah there is, all you have to do is measure how long it takes someone to say ‘Dude’… It’s fool proof.[/quote]

LOL that or the Doritos/Cheetos test!

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:
Come up with a way to test for impairment at the time the person does something stupid (ex. getting behind the wheel of a car) and it would get legalized real quick.[/quote]

Swab the mouth

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Just because I had this image of a Makavali/Pittbull and Pat Robertson coalition in my head.

[/quote]

where do I sign :slight_smile:

Pat Robertson must have just been diagnosed with Glaucoma

Lets just end this and at least put pot in the same category as adult beverages

As a side comment: .08 BAC is a ridiculous low threshold. This should be raised too

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:

Swab the mouth[/quote]

That test is too unreliable, it was just discussed here in Colorado during the last legalization push this spring.

Don’t get me wrong I’m all for it (my wife would probably benefit for her chronic back pain). But the system is too easily taken advantage of by people that don’t have any reason to have MMJ.

[quote]Razorslim wrote:

As a side comment: .08 BAC is a ridiculous low threshold. This should be raised too[/quote]

Cleanup a few accidents and you wouldn’t agree that .08 is too low.

[quote]Razorslim wrote:

As a side comment: .08 BAC is a ridiculous low threshold. This should be raised too[/quote]

Regardless it being too low if that number was ever raised everyone would automatically assume they could have an extra drink or 2 more than they normally would and still be good to drive.

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:

[quote]Razorslim wrote:

Cleanup a few accidents and you wouldn’t agree that .08 is too low.[/quote]

And how many of those were drivers being at .08 rather than .15 or higher?

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Razorslim wrote:

Regardless it being too low if that number was ever raised everyone would automatically assume they could have an extra drink or 2 more than they normally would and still be good to drive.[/quote]

drunks are going to drive drunk no matter what you set it at. Responsible adults don’t automatically consume an extra drink or 2 because they realize driving ipmpaired is dangerous to them and others

[quote]Razorslim wrote:

why would they raise it? If they raised it, do you know how much money they’d miss out on from fines?

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Razorslim wrote:

why would they raise it? If they raised it, do you know how much money they’d miss out on from fines?[/quote]

I’m looking forward to the day the technology is available where they can put scanners on the road to take measurements of all drivers BAC, and cholesterol levels. I hate to think there are actually people walking around who don’t take statins. Doesn’t the government care???

Obviously the people trying to look at the legal aspect have never partaken in the herb otherwise they’d know that the impairment while driving thing just means that they’d be going too slow while “feeling” the song they are jamming. Unlikely increase in vehicular accidents. Besides 90% of the people that bring you your pizza at home are high while doing so (that is a fact provided by the Dept of Transportation :wink:

[quote]storey420 wrote:
Obviously the people trying to look at the legal aspect have never partaken in the herb otherwise they’d know that the impairment while driving thing just means that they’d be going too slow while “feeling” the song they are jamming. Unlikely increase in vehicular accidents. Besides 90% of the people that bring you your pizza at home are high while doing so (that is a fact provided by the Dept of Transportation ;)[/quote]

People do not realize that you are not intoxicated , Marijuana is nontoxic unlike Alcohol

Unfortunately this applies to this thread.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]storey420 wrote:
Obviously the people trying to look at the legal aspect have never partaken in the herb otherwise they’d know that the impairment while driving thing just means that they’d be going too slow while “feeling” the song they are jamming. Unlikely increase in vehicular accidents. Besides 90% of the people that bring you your pizza at home are high while doing so (that is a fact provided by the Dept of Transportation ;)[/quote]

People do not realize that you are not intoxicated , Marijuana is nontoxic unlike Alcohol[/quote]

Well, this certainly explains many of your posts.

Pat Robertson: Non-Christians are a “virus”

Lanche,

thanks for the George Carlin. Guy was spot on in his critiques of our social fabric.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]storey420 wrote:

People do not realize that you are not intoxicated , Marijuana is nontoxic unlike Alcohol[/quote]

Well, this certainly explains many of your posts.

[/quote]

Marijuana has a ration from feeling an effect to actually dying from somewhere from an estimated 1:10000 to 1:15000.

Tap water is more deadly than that.

So either anything is toxic or weed is not.