Pat Robertson: Legalize Pot

Just because I had this image of a Makavali/Pittbull and Pat Robertson coalition in my head.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Just because I had this image of a Makavali/Pittbull and Pat Robertson coalition in my head.

[/quote]

I’ll join that coalition…

So are you 2 for or against this?

Legalize it now. Way too much money being spent fighting it, crazy that it has been banned this long. It is 2012 and we are allowing people to be locked up for a plant.

Come up with a way to test for impairment at the time the person does something stupid (ex. getting behind the wheel of a car) and it would get legalized real quick.

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:
Come up with a way to test for impairment at the time the person does something stupid (ex. getting behind the wheel of a car) and it would get legalized real quick.[/quote]

You seem to assume lobeyism doesn’t have a word on this.

[quote]asusvenus wrote:

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:
Come up with a way to test for impairment at the time the person does something stupid (ex. getting behind the wheel of a car) and it would get legalized real quick.[/quote]

You seem to assume lobeyism doesn’t have a word on this.[/quote]

They have a role but figure out a way to test and you take care of the LEO issue.

And lobeyism only goes so far in a state that is being crippled and needs revenue.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:
So are you 2 for or against this?[/quote]

I am not sure what ‘for’ and ‘against’ means in your statement.

I actually take the more extreme stance of legalize everything. I can’t see what right the government has to tell you what you can, or cannot ingest. Seems like an odd law… I am not certain of it’s historical precedent, either.

Chemical consumption has been around for many centuries, so, why the prohibition, now?

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[/quote]

The amount of money spent fighting marijuana growers and consumers, both in LEO staff and prison costs is ENORMOUS.

Weed is no more harmful or dangerous than alcohol.

Regulate and tax it just like booze…eliminate a gigantic liability and add taxable revenue.

Win-Win

If anyone thinks it should still be illegal they are mental midgets and/or wrapped up in some kind of propaganda fantasy land. What a gigantic waste of tax payer money has been spent on criminalizing this plant.

haha I remember seeing this a while back on Youtube

Damn! Never thought I’d agree with him on anything!

[quote]magick62d wrote:
Damn! Never thought I’d agree with him on anything![/quote]

I never saw this one coming in my wildest dreams.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:
So are you 2 for or against this?[/quote]

Against, until Obamacare is repealed. Or, at least a full exemption for our religious liberties. Otherwise, in 5 years you folks will want us covering recreational pot usage IN OUR DANG INSURANCE PLANS!!! Sorry for the outburst.

I am a Rastafari and my religious practices require it.

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

Then you’ll feel especially motivated to earn my support.

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:

Sobriety and performance tests. That’s all that matters anyway is someone’s performance while operating a motor vehicle or while on the job.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:

Sobriety and performance tests. That’s all that matters anyway is someone’s performance while operating a motor vehicle or while on the job.[/quote]

Exactly but right now there isn’t a reliable test that can be used to measure impairment level of THC.

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

And I am sure the Federal Chancellery of Austria would love to hear all about it… Feel free to write them at your earliest convenience…

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:

Sobriety and performance tests. That’s all that matters anyway is someone’s performance while operating a motor vehicle or while on the job.[/quote]

Exactly but right now there isn’t a reliable test that can be used to measure impairment level of THC.[/quote]

Yeah there is, all you have to do is measure how long it takes someone to say ‘Dude’… It’s fool proof.