Pat Mendes 800 Pound Raw Squat

That’s quite the stretch reflex.

[quote]morepain wrote:
there are no drugs in the world that will make you that strong…i get so sick of that card being thrown out…that is god given incredible strenght…hell i used steroids for 20 years and never came anywhere near that not even in the same neighborhood hell not even in the same universe…that kid is amazing…period [/quote]

By the same logic if I trained like him and didn’t get as strong it would “prove” that the training didn’t do it.

We don’t even know if he uses. Speculation on what steroid do or don’t do for him is retarded. Whatever it is that he does, he’s amazing.

The guy is stupid strong, BUT consider this: He would have won junior worlds last year based upon his youtube lifts. He would have placed in the top 5 at senior worlds in Korea. He has not done a sanctioned meet since becoming a youtube phenomenon. He competed as a crossfitter in a recent meet and totaled 400 kgs, close to the American record…

God damn. Its people like this that make me wonder why I even try to squat at all. He did the entire lift by himself too, and had to walk it into the rack rather than have his buddies operate the monolift. That was a massive weight to begin with, along with his unquestionable depth and walkout which made the entire lift absolutely ridiculous. Whether he is on gear or not is nitpicking, as he still would need iron dedication to his lifts to even come close to numbers like that.

In that vid he said he’s been lifting weights for 2 years

FUCK ALL OUR LIVES

I can do that…with about 500 pounds less.

That’s amazing. I’ve never seen an 800 lb ATG squat before.

theoge- he’s been weightlifting for 2 years, he said he squatted 315 at 13 or something,

[quote]thogue wrote:
In that vid he said he’s been lifting weights for 2 years

FUCK ALL OUR LIVES[/quote]

LOL :smiley:

Guys, he was “weightlifting” as in O-lifting for 2 years. He was lifting for football and powerlifting before that.

He’s just a phenom. Just like Mike Tyson was. One comes around every so often.

Awesome squat.

The most impressive squat I’ve ever seen hands down.

And he’s fucking 20…holy shit!

Sheet…That’s my warm-up weight brah, for preacher curlz…

Kidding, unbelievable. Steroids or not, unf@cking believable. I am going to jump off a cliff now. Goodbye cruel world…

The guy pretty much makes his whole life about weightlifting, basically scheduling his days around his training, and people here say he’s on steroids? The kid is a freak for sure, but he is also devoting his entire life to this shit.

I would venture a guess that 85% of the people training could use tons of 'roids and still never approach these numbers. So I don’t care if he uses gear or not. Irrelevant at this level, I say.

It reminds me of a conversation I recently had with a co-worker. We were talking about sports and Strongman competitions came up. He stated “Well, most of those guys use steroids. Some of them are over 300lbs and have abs and stuff.” I asked him if he thought he could use steroids and achieve the same thing. He replied “Probably”.

I had to laugh. Most guys will NEVER be that big or strong, regardless of drug use. I mean Mariusz Pudzianowski strong. Chuck Vogelpohl strong. Marc Bartley strong. Go ahead, use 'roidz PL’ing gear if you want, then try to squat 1100 lbs. Prove me wrong.

Amazing…hope this works

Only more impressive olympic squatter I can think of is Koklyaev. Misha who is 32 and maybe the best all around strength athlete in the world. And this kid is 20 or 21 right?

this is stephan botev at the end of his second heavy workout of the day squatting 320kg (at 110kg BW I think) and he’s an accomplished olympic lifter at the time, his best total was 450kg in competition I beleve, that puts into perspective where Pat Mendes is.

Hermen Goerner could clean and press a 50kg kettlebell when he was 14 years old, this give syou an idea of the genetics involved.

[quote]buddaboy wrote:

Hermen Goerner could clean and press a 50kg kettlebell when he was 14 years old, this gives you an idea of the genetics involved.[/quote]

That guy was totally on teh roidz brah…

[quote]Ebolarama wrote:
The guy pretty much makes his whole life about weightlifting, basically scheduling his days around his training, and people here say he’s on steroids? The kid is a freak for sure, but he is also devoting his entire life to this shit. [/quote]

Noone ever said he didn’t train hard. There was some talk about drug tests etc., but not a single person accused him of using or tried to credit his achievements to steroids.

I sometimes get the sense the anti-anti steroid sentiment is a little over the top on this board