T Nation

Pat Mendes 800 Pound Raw Squat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7m6I5m6gY

jesus christ.

Little high don’t you think? Next time check your depth before you post a video.

That was a joke just so you know, please don’t come to my house and squat my fucking car into the lake. Awesome stuff/

That’s…that’s just not fair

5 years from now he’ll do it for 10.

and how old is pat again? Like early 20’s? He’ll be amazing if he can ever get his head out of his butt during his actual meets.

[quote]legacyfighter wrote:
and how old is pat again? Like early 20’s? He’ll be amazing if he can ever get his head out of his butt during his actual meets.[/quote]

He recently turned 20!

Now that’s a fuckin squat.

Thats what I was thinking, 20 or 21. I think he is the only american to ever snatch over 200kg. Only problem is that during competitions i think his highest is 160kg. Hopefully he will be able to put up 200kg in competition one day and put america back in contention in the Olympics.

http://www.averagebroz.com/ABG/ABG_files/2010%20LV%20OPEN%20final%20Scoresheet.xls

He made 180 recently.

[quote]daraz wrote:
http://www.averagebroz.com/ABG/ABG_files/2010%20LV%20OPEN%20final%20Scoresheet.xls

He made 180 recently.[/quote]

He also competeted as a crossfitter. Speculations include avoiding drug tests or pissing off USAW as he might go lift for Brazil.

Personally, if I had some sway in USAW, I’d send the kid some swedish masseusses that have a wide range of other skills if you get my meaning to get on his good side and he’d piss clean no matter how much shit he may be on.

well thats good to hear. i’m seriously hoping that he hits 200 soon in competition. Its just difficult for americans. One of the major reasons that he and other Americans have a hard time winning world titles is because americans have to cycle off for their competitions since almost every one of them are tested events. Most other countries dont tend to have tested events.

[quote]theuofh wrote:

[quote]daraz wrote:

He also competeted as a crossfitter. Speculations include avoiding drug tests or pissing off USAW as he might go lift for Brazil.

Personally, if I had some sway in USAW, I’d send the kid some swedish masseusses that have a wide range of other skills if you get my meaning to get on his good side and he’d piss clean no matter how much shit he may be on.[/quote]

I saw that as well, but didn’t want to comment on it. I guess I will since you raised the point. I don’t know why he’d lift in xfit instead of USAW, but I just can’t see it being drugs. He doesn’t show any visible symptoms. His voice is a 20er’s voice, he doesn’t have a massive head and his hair is not falling off. No gyno either.

[quote]daraz wrote:

[quote]theuofh wrote:

[quote]daraz wrote:

Personally, if I had some sway in USAW, I’d send the kid some swedish masseusses that have a wide range of other skills if you get my meaning to get on his good side and he’d piss clean no matter how much shit he may be on.[/quote]

I saw that as well, but didn’t want to comment on it. I guess I will since you raised the point. I don’t know why he’d lift in xfit instead of USAW, but I just can’t see it being drugs. He doesn’t show any visible symptoms. His voice is a 20er’s voice, he doesn’t have a massive head and his hair is not falling off. No gyno either.
[/quote]

You realize that these signs and symptoms don’t happen in every person. Not everyone has voice changes, balding, and gyno.
With that said, I have no idea regarding the “drug-free” status of this kid.

An interview with Mendes, it’s interesting and I’m not sure what to make of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We0HbSOp4do&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjlncqsT9Fg&feature=related

Regardless of steroid use (I’ve been on and off steroids for a few years and I’m not bald/ balding and have no acne BTW) For a 20 year old to work around max weights weekly- snatching 200kg, squating 360kg- he must have some serious genetics,steroids won’t make that happen. I’m not trying to take anything away from him, he’s incredibly dedicated and hardworking, no one lifts like that without working their bollocks off, I’m just saying genetics are on his side, they wouldn’t be if he was trying to swim or play basketball-this guys in the right business LOL

I remember reading Herman Goerner and Arthur Saxon saying that they were always strong, its just how they were born,they were born strong and got stronger. There’s plenty of people who use shit loads of steroids who can’t do close to what he does, but when you get some one who’s born like that-throw the steroids into the mix- and thats when the magic starts happening…

That poor kid is 20,and probably had no coaching for that interview or advice preparation for those questions,I think he handled himself quite well. I think he’s got a good career ahead of him, I’m skeptical as to whether he is actually natural, but these guys are in the U.S where steroids are illegal and any confession of use could totally ruin his career, so i can’t blame him for not admitting to anything.

[quote]buddaboy wrote:
Regardless of steroid use (I’ve been on and off steroids for a few years and I’m not bald/ balding and have no acne BTW) For a 20 year old to work around max weights weekly- snatching 200kg, squating 360kg- he must have some serious genetics,steroids won’t make that happen. I’m not trying to take anything away from him, he’s incredibly dedicated and hardworking, no one lifts like that without working their bollocks off, I’m just saying genetics are on his side, they wouldn’t be if he was trying to swim or play basketball-this guys in the right business LOL

I remember reading Herman Goerner and Arthur Saxon saying that they were always strong, its just how they were born,they were born strong and got stronger. There’s plenty of people who use shit loads of steroids who can’t do close to what he does, but when you get some one who’s born like that-throw the steroids into the mix- and thats when the magic starts happening…

That poor kid is 20,and probably had no coaching for that interview or advice preparation for those questions,I think he handled himself quite well. I think he’s got a good career ahead of him, I’m skeptical as to whether he is actually natural, but these guys are in the U.S where steroids are illegal and any confession of use could totally ruin his career, so i can’t blame him for not admitting to anything.[/quote]

Exactly.

there are no drugs in the world that will make you that strong…i get so sick of that card being thrown out…that is god given incredible strenght…hell i used steroids for 20 years and never came anywhere near that not even in the same neighborhood hell not even in the same universe…that kid is amazing…period

[quote]SRS2000 wrote:

[quote]daraz wrote:

[quote]theuofh wrote:

[quote]daraz wrote:

[/quote]

You realize that these signs and symptoms don’t happen in every person. Not everyone has voice changes, balding, and gyno.
With that said, I have no idea regarding the “drug-free” status of this kid. [/quote]

Yes I do, but they’re still not there. And I’d be willing to bet that a huge percentage of people exhibit at least some symptoms.