Pastor Dennis Terry and Santorum

At a Baton Rouge revival yesterday, the Republican presidential candidate was introduced and blessed by the fire-breathing pastor Dennis Terry. To a cheering crowd, Terry shouted that ours is a “Christian nation,” that “we don’t worship Buddha, we don’t worship Mohammad, we don’t worship Allah,” and that anyone who doesn’t like “the way we do things” should “get out.”

Santorum says he didn’t clap and wasn’t paying attention to what he said.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/321579

Is that similar to I dind’t inhale?

Good thing he didn’t attend that church for 20 years.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

At a Baton Rouge revival yesterday, the Republican presidential candidate was introduced and blessed by the fire-breathing pastor Dennis Terry. To a cheering crowd, Terry shouted that ours is a “Christian nation,” that “we don’t worship Buddha, we don’t worship Mohammad, we don’t worship Allah,” and that anyone who doesn’t like “the way we do things” should “get out.”
[/quote]

I only listened to the first few minutes and granted he is an old time southern preacher. But over all I don’t see anything wrong with the guy from what I saw. You’d be surprised to know that more people believe in what he was saying (from what I heard) than what Obama’s Pastor Reverend Jermiah Wright had to say (“The white government gave blacks the HIV virus”). And as Sloth has correctly implied Obama attended that hate mongeror’s church for 20 years.

So what’s your point?

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

I only listened to the first few minutes and granted he is an old time southern preacher. But over all I don’t see anything wrong with the guy from what I saw. You’d be surprised to know that more people believe in what he was saying (from what I heard) than what Obama’s Pastor Reverend Jermiah Wright had to say (“The white government gave blacks the HIV virus”). And as Sloth has correctly implied Obama attended that hate mongeror’s church for 20 years.

So what’s your point? [/quote]

Cool so if it’s a black preacher spewing hate we need to run him out of the country.

But if it’s a white preacher spewing the same hate we need to celebrate him and shout to the HEAVENS!!!

I thought this thread was about Pastor Dennis Terry and Santorum not Obama and his affiliations.

What a strange distraction from the thread topic…

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I thought this thread was about Pastor Dennis Terry and Santorum not Obama and his affiliations.

What a strange distraction from the thread topic…[/quote]

Surely we should refer to precedent as a guide. A campaign stop compared to 20 years of attendance…non-story. See? I’m already bored with this.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Surely we should refer to precedent as a guide. A campaign stop compared to 20 years of attendance…non-story. See? I’m already bored with this.
[/quote]

Hate is still hate whether it be 20 years or 20 seconds.

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

Hate is still hate whether it be 20 years or 20 seconds.[/quote]

Excellent. And you voted for?

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

Hate is still hate whether it be 20 years or 20 seconds.[/quote]

Excellent. And you voted for?
[/quote]

Not Obama I voted for an Independent. Can’t even remember who now, but my vote wasn’t for a shrivled old man or a slick talking Chicago man.

I guess this thread is about Obama now.

IF YOU DON’T LAHK AMERIKUH, YOU KIN GIT OUT!

[quote]therajraj wrote:

IF YOU DON’T LAHK AMERIKUH, YOU KIN GIT OUT![/quote]

Guess the chickens have come to roost for those who’d like this non-story to be one. If twenty years of attendance at Wright’s church didn’t disqualify Obama, then a campaign stop at someone else’s church is an absolute non-story. Next!

I think he expressed himself poorly. He put his foot in his mouth. But the general principle of what he is saying is correct. The US is a Christian nation. It’s enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Chrisitianity is inseparable from liberty and through concepts such as unalienable rights and “negative rights” the government preserves individual liberty/sovereignty and life. Anyone who opposes that and wishes to subvert the constitution and the nation should not be welcome. Certainly there are many who are actively engaged in doing just that and he mentioned one of them.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Well that sounds fair enough doen’t it? Why should a country take people that don’t like the country and want to subvert its instutitions and undermine the constitution, destroy/replace the values, mores etc? In short “radically transform” the society. Why should they want that? I don’t even understand what you’re on about. I enjoyed Pastor Dennis Terry’s sermon however. Thanks.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
I think he expressed himself poorly. He put his foot in his mouth. But the general principle of what he is saying is correct. The US is a Christian nation. It’s enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Chrisitianity is inseparable from liberty and through concepts such as unalienable rights and “negative rights” the government preserves individual liberty/sovereignty and life. Anyone who opposes that and wishes to subvert the constitution and the nation should not be welcome. Certainly there are many who are actively engaged in doing just that and he mentioned one of them.[/quote]

Here’s an interesting article about God in the US Documents you listed.

http://theunitedstatesconstitution.blogspot.com/2006/08/constitution-what-does-religion-have.html

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Guess the chickens have come to roost for those who’d like this non-story to be one. If twenty years of attendance at Wright’s church didn’t disqualify Obama, then a campaign stop at someone else’s church is an absolute non-story. Next!
[/quote]

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

So what’s your point? [/quote]

Cool so if it’s a black preacher spewing hate we need to run him out of the country.

But if it’s a white preacher spewing the same hate we need to celebrate him and shout to the HEAVENS!!! [/quote]

Sorry, as I said I didn’t listen to the entire video. Perhaps you could tell me what hatred he was spreading? I know that Wright is a racist from what he’s said from the pulpit. Is this guy a racist as well? Please point out what he said because if that’s the case I would agree with you.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Chrisitianity is inseparable from liberty and through concepts such as unalienable rights and “negative rights” the government preserves individual liberty/sovereignty and life. Anyone who opposes that and wishes to subvert the constitution and the nation should not be welcome. Certainly there are[/quote]

Whoa!! That’s some serious hate you’re talkin there brother…WOW…My eyes can’t read anymore it’s just too much.

(Now I feel bad for me because I was exposed to this level of hatred)

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Well that sounds fair enough doen’t it? Why should a country take people that don’t like the country and want to subvert its instutitions and undermine the constitution, destroy/replace the values, mores etc? In short “radically transform” the society. Why should they want that? I don’t even understand what you’re on about. I enjoyed Pastor Dennis Terry’s sermon however. Thanks.[/quote]

This is all nonsense.

His definition of not “lahking amerikuh” is defined as worshiping a non-Christian god or no god.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[/quote]

Declaration of independence is not a legal document. Where in the constitution and the bill of rights does it say the US is a Christian nation?

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Chrisitianity is inseparable from liberty and through concepts such as unalienable rights and “negative rights” the government preserves individual liberty/sovereignty and life.[/quote]

How so?