T Nation

Pastor Beaten and Tazed for Defending his Rights

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
All I know is that people in uniforms are heroes – all of them.

God bless the USA![/quote]

would you feel that it is ok for this to happen to you or your son ?

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:

I’m with Sloth on this one.

They’re ice skating in hell right about now.

lol. I’m thinking the same thing.[/quote]

Doh! Again with the thinking along the same lines, thing. We’ve got to work on this. Maybe a nasty debate? We’ll could get a little name calling going. Perhaps sometime this coming week? Evenings are good for me.

Your forum foe,
Sloth

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

God bless the USA!

would you feel that it is ok for this to happen to you or your son ?[/quote]

Hell NO! I guess from now on I am going have to preface anytime I am using sarcasm.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

God bless the USA!

would you feel that it is ok for this to happen to you or your son ?[/quote]

Come on,pit…you’ve been here long enough to know that he’s being sarcastic.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Laws aren’t worth shit when cops can make defending rights unpractical. They thought this guy should be punished for being a smartass, and that’s what they did. As long as they stick to the dog-sniffed-something line, they should be safe.

Meanwhile, most people (as in, have families, can’t afford to be delayed for hours in check points, etc.) for watching this video would simply reinforce the belief that one shouldn’t piss off cops. And next time they’re in a similar situtation, they’ll happily waiver their rights because they “have nothing to hide”.[/quote]

I’m not so sure about them being safe. They supposedly repeatedly refused to repeat the action with the dog. Even when requested by other agents. That to me, would support the guys account of the actions.

pittbulll wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

God bless the USA!

Hell NO! I guess from now on I am going have to preface anytime I am using sarcasm.[/quote] Sorry , my bad

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
lixy wrote:
Laws aren’t worth shit when cops can make defending rights unpractical. They thought this guy should be punished for being a smartass, and that’s what they did. As long as they stick to the dog-sniffed-something line, they should be safe.

Meanwhile, most people (as in, have families, can’t afford to be delayed for hours in check points, etc.) for watching this video would simply reinforce the belief that one shouldn’t piss off cops. And next time they’re in a similar situtation, they’ll happily waiver their rights because they “have nothing to hide”.

I’m not so sure about them being safe. They supposedly repeatedly refused to repeat the action with the dog. Even when requested by other agents. That to me, would support the guys account of the actions.[/quote]

I don’t think they’re obligated to repeat anything. That he missed the (ficticious) dog sign is not the cops’ problem. It’s his word against that of many sworn officers.

With a good publicity (and this guy being a pastor will make it very easy – imagine an imam in a similar case!) they might get a slap on the wrist, and he might get a fat check. But that’s about the best case scenario.

pittbulll wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

God bless the USA!

Hell NO! I guess from now on I am going have to preface anytime I am using sarcasm.[/quote]

wow - LIFTI, even I caught the sarcasm on your first post and I’m an absolute idiot . . .

[quote]lixy wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
lixy wrote:

Meanwhile, most people (as in, have families, can’t afford to be delayed for hours in check points, etc.) for watching this video would simply reinforce the belief that one shouldn’t piss off cops. And next time they’re in a similar situtation, they’ll happily waiver their rights because they “have nothing to hide”.

I’m not so sure about them being safe. They supposedly repeatedly refused to repeat the action with the dog. Even when requested by other agents. That to me, would support the guys account of the actions.

I don’t think they’re obligated to repeat anything. That he missed the (ficticious) dog sign is not the cops’ problem. It’s his word against that of many sworn officers.

With a good publicity (and this guy being a pastor will make it very easy – imagine an imam in a similar case!) they might get a slap on the wrist, and he might get a fat check. But that’s about the best case scenario.[/quote]

Amazing Lixy - had no idea you were an expert on American jurisprudence as well . . . .

I like how one of these floats around every month or two, or sometimes multiple events in a single month and some people are still quick to point out that it is rare, and it’s only a few bad cops etc… I’m not saying anyone here has done this, but when I bring it up to anyone I know a lot of people just aren’t interested in talking about it. I mean they don’t even want to hear about it.

I had one guy who I went on a football trip with, were had been hanging out all weekend and he gets on politics or something. Well he starts praising the war in iraq and praising bush and doing all this stuff that basically no one in real life does, and i’m like, yea ok buddy, I think he is an idiot and maybe a criminal to boot. And the guy was like oh really, oh you’re one of those eh? and he walked away from me and didn’t speak a word to me or even look in my direction the rest of the trip. Even when the team we were there to see together scored a touchdown, he would not give any high fives or even smiles my way. Some people are just downright locked down and you can’t even discuss something with them or they like start malfunctioning.

V

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Sloth wrote:
Legally, doesn’t the dog hitting on the trunk give probable cause? I know, I know, he didn’t see the dog giving any kind of cue. But how many police dogs has he trained or handled? Yeah, I’m going to be the bad guy on this one. So? I still want answers!

I’m with Sloth on this one. While this looks bad, I want to hear the other side of the story before I make any decisions. [/quote]

They made him close his eyes, smashed his window and tazered him.

In what way is there an “other side of the story?”

The scumbags who tazed him should be hauled out into the street and shot.

[quote]lixy wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
lixy wrote:

With a good publicity (and this guy being a pastor will make it very easy – imagine an imam in a similar case!) they might get a slap on the wrist, and he might get a fat check. But that’s about the best case scenario.[/quote]

Unless they found anything in the car, it doesn’t make sense. If the dogs are that accurate, for the officers to be correct, the guy would have to be lying, AND the dog would have had to of been wrong. If they are 99% accurate, it’s a 99% chance the officers are lying. Its the officers word vs. the guy AND the dog.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:

lol. I’m thinking the same thing.

Doh! Again with the thinking along the same lines, thing. We’ve got to work on this. Maybe a nasty debate? We’ll could get a little name calling going. Perhaps sometime this coming week? Evenings are good for me.

Your forum foe,
Sloth[/quote]

You’re right, let me try right now:

I’m sure evenings are good for you, being such a religious punk without a life or girlfriend

(how was that?)

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Legally, doesn’t the dog hitting on the trunk give probable cause? I know, I know, he didn’t see the dog giving any kind of cue. But how many police dogs has he trained or handled? Yeah, I’m going to be the bad guy on this one. So? I still want answers!

I’m with Sloth on this one. While this looks bad, I want to hear the other side of the story before I make any decisions.

They made him close his eyes, smashed his window and tazered him.

In what way is there an “other side of the story?”
[/quote]

the part when he tried to brush the glass off his face and head it looked like he was trying to punch the officers. or that candy bar he had in his cup holder sort of looked like a switch blade in the dark! His 175lb frame also looked very threatening and imposing because his white shirt made him look so much bigger!

Sloth wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:

Your forum foe,
Sloth

I’m sure evenings are good for you, being such a religious punk without a life or girlfriend

(how was that?)

[/quote]

Exactly! I’m already feeling better about this thread.

Don’t know. I just wanted some answers.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:

Your forum foe,
Sloth

(how was that?)

Exactly! I’m already feeling better about this thread. [/quote]

I’m still a bit queasy myself though. Could you tell me about how I’m not really a christian or explain the definition of “scope” to me…or something!

[quote]Berserkergang wrote:
Is this country America or China, Iran…?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X79lY0ElhA [/quote]

He’s got a drug dog hit on him and refused to obey the cops. He should have been beaten harder.