T Nation

Pasta Recipes?

How do you guys make pasta noodles taste good? Simple and natural of course :smiley:

Thank you gents!

I would recommend some kinda sauce.

Anytime you can make your own red sauce, its the best. Just go to the store and buy a couple cans of hunts tomato sauce. brown some lean ground beef or turkey in a big pot. use olive oil. then add your sauce. throw in some spices you like, add some salt & pepper. let it sit on medium low for about 3-4 hours. ( dont forget to stir or itll burn) make your noodles and waaaa laaa. godd stuff!

heat some olive oil (do not let it smoke)
finely chop some garlic cloves and mushrooms, at to pan and let garlic brown
add 3-4 tinned tomoatoes, prefferably plum rather than chopped
salt
mixed herbs
oregano
paprika
HOT chilli powder

allow to simmer for a while and added more herbs/salt to taste (you'll not need much salt but some people need a bit more for flavour

brown some mince, about 4-500g and drain of excess fat from pan
add to sauce and allow to mix flavours

cook pasta and and some parmasan cheese if you want!

i prefer using shell (Conchiglie) as they pick up more sauce with each bite!

enjoy!

cook you pasta bowl your portion, then put your red sauce on it, and then add a big scoop of ricotta cheese and stir it in. taste is wonderful and your adding some good slow digesting protein in.

I love adding basil pesto to my pasta. The one from Classico is pretty good, or you can make your own.

Chiron, you're right. I picked up some Basil Pesto and it is soooo goood. It's funny because my roommate was recommending it too.... COINCIDENCE!?

in a pan fry up some onions, garlic and bacon in a little bit of olive oil.
once bacon is browned and onions are translucent, add a couple cans of crushed tomatoes.
add salt and italian spice seasoning.
simmer for 30-45 minutes or until sauce tastes 'cooked'.
add about 1/2 maybe 3/4 cup of cream and handful of parmesan cheese, simmer for 1 or 2 minutes to mix everything.

makes a delicious sauce.