Passed Out DURING ME Bench [Update]

The other day was ME Bench day. I went in and warmed up as usuall, worked my way up then decided I felt good enough to hit a PR (RAW). The PR was only 10lbs heavier then my last warmup and was a weight id tried before (and missed).

I got under the bar, got set and had my spotter help me out. I took it down, touched my chest, pressed and thats about all I remeber.

Next thing I know theres all these people standing over the top of me. I couldnt work out what was going on (nor did I really care). I still had headphones on so I couldnt hear either. As im looking up I start to realise that im in the gym, on the bench.

Then I notice that all these people have a bar in their hands. I felt a tingle in my face and then it clicked. I remeber asking if the bar was on my face and my spotter was shaking his head. They managed to rerack the bar and I pulled off the headphones and satup.

Persoanlly I thought it was pretty cool :smiley:

That’s awesome!!!

I remember back in January when I first got my Katana I was trying everything I could to touch with lighter weights. I was working with 165kg at the time I think.

All I remember was as the bar was coming down I was fighting with everything I had to get a touch, then a black tunnel started to form. The next thing I knew the bar was on the way back up and it felt like it was weightless. As I sat up the roomed started to spin, and I had a ringing in my ears for about 5 minutes afterwards.

I thought that was pretty cool!!

Only time that’s ever happened to me was on 20 rep squats. Only passed out once but came close half a dozen times. Never when I was actually lifting the weight but almost immediatly after racking it.

FINALLY someone else that thinks its cool :smiley:

Everyone else thought it was dangerous, bad etc etc blah blah blah

The only thing I was upset about is that I didnt have it on camera :frowning:

I’m thrilled that I puked during my third deadlift attempt last weekend. Everyone else thinks I have issues.

It is dangerous.
It’s cool but don’t deny that it is dangerous.

bamf

Everytime i deadlift a 1RM, i remember the bar getting to about mid-shin and after that i remember locking out, lol…

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
I’m thrilled that I puked during my third deadlift attempt last weekend. Everyone else thinks I have issues.[/quote]

LoL!

I used to see stars every time I’d set a new 1RM in my deadlift. I’d feel all light headed and the room would start to spin a little. I loved it!

A friend of mine blacked out when doing heavy dips. He fell pretty hard, but was okay afterwards.

Ive seen stars before and burst blood vessels in my eyes but this is the first time i passed out.

Once I start to feel light headed I don’t push it after that as I don’t want to pass out. Thats pretty dangerous stuff to pass out on a set, good thin you have good spotters.

[quote]shizen wrote:
Once I start to feel light headed I don’t push it after that as I don’t want to pass out. Thats pretty dangerous stuff to pass out on a set, good thin you have good spotters. [/quote]

My spotter was all over it, infact I brought him a slab for his efforts (its an Aussie thing)

Whenever I hit the 1-4 rep range with deadlifts I end up being lightheaded and seeing dots after my set.

Another thing I’ve noticed is that for awhile my hearing is off. Everything seems really quiet and far away. Anyone else get this?

Yep my hearing goes too.

Occasionally during PRs I get a sudden “warm” feeling in my ears. It feels like I’ve burst my eardrums or something. Then everything sounds fuzzy for about an hour afterwards.

[quote]Mutu wrote:
Whenever I hit the 1-4 rep range with deadlifts I end up being lightheaded and seeing dots after my set.

Another thing I’ve noticed is that for awhile my hearing is off. Everything seems really quiet and far away. Anyone else get this?[/quote]

Me too! This also happens sometimes when I’m fighting MMA. Anyone know the scientific cause of this?

I usualy get pains in my right eye after I’ve done an intense set, is this just me?

i told my dad about this and how i loose feeling in my arms during squats and he was concerned lol

That is very cool, but I have to be a party pooper and mention that there have been people who have died doing the bench press.

I’ve had this happen a few times doing pause squats. Always sets of 2 or 3 from rock bottom, and always after the rep was completed. Never passed out but came close and had to dump the bar and fell to the side of the rack once

I think the closest I’ve come other than that was doing power cleans, for some reason after cleaning the bar I got lightheaded and started seeing stars and managed to dump it before I fell down. Might have been cutting off my breathing, I don’t know

badass accomplishment OP