T Nation

Pass the Lifting Torch Question?

https://www.t-nation.com/training/passing-the-lifting-torch

The article mentions that all assistance lifts are bodyweight or no weight added exercises and gives some upper body examples. Are body weight assistance lifts done with lower body or does the assistance for lower body come from the pushes and pulls on prowler on Viking day?

[quote]rubenhuante wrote:

The article mentions that all assistance lifts are bodyweight or no weight added exercises and gives some upper body examples. Are body weight assistance lifts done with lower body or does the assistance for lower body come from the pushes and pulls on prowler on Viking day? [/quote]

Yes - everyone runs outside the weight room work and we do jumps/prowler, etc. (like you said). We “bodybuild the upper/athlete the lower”. What drives us is PERFORMANCE. He who does Selfies need not apply.

“He who does Selfies need not apply.” Exactly. Performance is everything, for me life or death. Everyone has their reasons for training and mine are no more/less inspiring than anyone elses. But for my situation, this is spot on. Not training for performance can mean not coming home to the wife and kids.