Parody Threads - Out of Control

I’m not gonna lie, when I saw the title I immediately thought up parodies. But I resisted.

I do what I can, but there’s only so many funny pictures on the internet. if this trend continues I’ll be out of new material.

I haven’t been around to this place in a couple of months because there were so many parody threads…they all suck…

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]WormwoodTheory wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:
I’m gonna go ahead and be cereal for a minute…

Lankey’s right.

It takes a certain talent to make a truley successful parody thread…and most of the greats don’t just parody for parody’s sake.

That being said nomorewar’s parody of this thread sucked.[/quote]

serially.

there have been some hilarious ones in the past, but 99% of the time all they do is pollute an already shit filled sub forum.

and i agree, hopefully nomorewar will never parody again.[/quote]

He’s got 2 crap parodies today alone.

Thankfully that picture you posted in the one is freakin’ hysterical, haha.[/quote]

Which also makes another point in FAVOR of parody threads, and other bad threads in general. If there were no bad threads, how would any of us super cool doods know just how cool we are? I mean we polish turds all day long here, not because it’s easy, but because it’s haaaawd.

V

[edited so polo can understand]

[quote]Vegita wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

Lankey’s right.

It takes a certain talent to make a truley successful parody thread…and most of the greats don’t just parody for parody’s sake.

serially.

there have been some hilarious ones in the past, but 99% of the time all they do is pollute an already shit filled sub forum.

So this is almost exactly the ratio of normal good threads and normal bad threads. There is no reason to expect the Parody threads to have a higher percentage of awesomeness. Is there?

V[/quote]

Usually 5 or 6 good threads on the first page of GAL. I understand you’re the godfather of parody threads, and you’ve had some doozies in your day, but don’t stick up for your brethren which have taken your craft and ruined it for everyone.

[quote]Vegita wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

Lankey’s right.

serially.

So this is almost exactly the ratio of normal good threads and normal bad threads. There is no reason to expect the Parody threads to have a higher percentage of awesomeness. Is there?

V[/quote]

I’d like to think so…

I’ve made a couple good ones myself and you’re obviously the king of parody threads but let’s face it, not everyone is cut out to understand the intricacies of satire and should leave it to the professional clowns…

With that being said I like to see a good effort but let’s face it, a lot of them are thrown together rather hasitly and sully the good name of parody in the process making the good ones less poignant…

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Vegita wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

Lankey’s right.

serially.

V[/quote]

I’d like to think so…

I’ve made a couple good ones myself and you’re obviously the king of parody threads but let’s face it, not everyone is cut out to understand the intricacies of satire and should leave it to the professional clowns…

With that being said I like to see a good effort but let’s face it, a lot of them are thrown together rather hasitly and sully the good name of parody in the process making the good ones less poignant…[/quote]

Oh hell I’ve had some absolute stinkers myself. I have one that should show up soon for this thread that i’m not overly proud of, but the nature of this thread DEMANDED that I parody it. So, I did what I could on short notice. I usually only do the parodies if something really strikes a chord.

V

[quote]Vegita wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

Lankey’s right.

serially.

He’s got 2 crap parodies today alone.

Thankfully that picture you posted in the one is freakin’ hysterical, haha.[/quote]

Which also makes another point in FAVOR of parody threads, and other bad threads in general. If there were no bad threads, how would any of us super cool doods know just how cool we are? I mean we polish turds all day long here, not because it’s easy, but because it’s haaaawd.

V

[edited so polo can understand][/quote]

Plenty of threads to throw funny pictures in, and there will always be people to flame. As a matter of fact, there are way too many people to flame already, there is no need to throw in bad parody threads which RUIN the good parody threads.

[quote]Vegita wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Vegita wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

Lankey’s right.

serially.

V[/quote]

I’d like to think so…

With that being said I like to see a good effort but let’s face it, a lot of them are thrown together rather hasitly and sully the good name of parody in the process making the good ones less poignant…[/quote]

Oh hell I’ve had some absolute stinkers myself. I have one that should show up soon for this thread that i’m not overly proud of, but the nature of this thread DEMANDED that I parody it. So, I did what I could on short notice. I usually only do the parodies if something really strikes a chord.

V[/quote]

I thought you were better than that, V. I thought you held yourself to a higher standard.

I guess I was wrong.

i agree with lankey, the parody threads have not been funny in a long time. I would like to blame vegita for this, despite some of his parody’s being decent, he seems to have opened up the trend to more attention/post whores who make crappy parody threads.

Thanks, Jax on.

[quote]JaX Un wrote:
i agree with lankey, the parody threads have not been funny in a long time. I would like to blame vegita for this, despite some of his parody’s being decent, he seems to have opened up the trend to more attention/post whores who make crappy parody threads.[/quote]

Oh Yea, well I would like to blame YOU for being GAY! So put that in your pipe and smoke it Mr.!

V

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:
^LMFAO[/quote]

That’s all it takes to make you giggle?

I’m afraid any desire I had to friend request you is now gone… :([/quote]

When I read that I got a visual of a giant vagina in the place of an ass! It was quite humerous in my head! Sheesh…

The standards some people have to consider you a friend is just ridiculous these days… I blame the economy mostly.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Hey Jax on. Is there any way you could stick your purple veiner in my bumhole? You see i have this disease called cock hunger, but instead of eating cocks, which I also do, I like to first soak them in my bum and THEN eat them. [/quote]

[quote]Vegita wrote:

Hell YA! I would like to THANK YOU for being GAY! Now put that pipe in my mouth so I can smoke it Mr.!

V[/quote]

“fixing” threads is still cool… Right?

Edit: DAMN YOU V!!! Beat me to it, you sly but sexy son of a bitch!

[quote]Vegita wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Hey Jax on. Is there any way you could stick your purple veiner in my bumhole? You see i have this disease called cock hunger, but instead of eating cocks, which I also do, I like to first soak them in my bum and THEN eat them. [/quote]
[/quote]

LMFAO

Parody Lanky’s posts!!

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:

“fixing” threads is still cool… Right?

[/quote]

Nope…hasn’t been cool in years.

[quote]polo77j wrote:

Lankey’s right.

fuck you!! your my first friend… you have to stick up for me.BItch!

[quote]nomorewar wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

Lankey’s right.

fuck you!! your my first friend… you have to stick up for me.BItch![/quote]

not when you make shit parody threads I don’t…