Parks and Recreation Takes on HFCS

In tonight’s episode of the TV show, Parks and Recreation on NBC, the parks department holds a public hearing to see if people want to ban a company that sells junk food from running concession stands in the parks. The argument against the company was that it’s energy bars are packed with HFCS and fats.

Naturally, the company kept their concessions because they handed out free energy bars at the meeting.

I found it interesting that HFCS was called bad on prime time TV, even if it was a comedy.

Colbert even mentioned it a few days ago. Word is getting around…

sorry if this isn’t a serious call to discussion, however , i have seen recently some new ads running that are pro HFCS. personally i don’t care because the only sugar i get is in the form of complex carbs. i loves me some splenda.

[quote]thefederalist wrote:
sorry if this isn’t a serious call to discussion, however , i have seen recently some new ads running that are pro HFCS. personally i don’t care because the only sugar i get is in the form of complex carbs. i loves me some splenda. [/quote]

Those have been around for a while, and even my friends who aren’t into training and nutrition see them as bullshit lobbying.

HFCS will be around forever in the US because the govt is fully of corn lobbyists

death to HFCS!!!