Parking Garage Violation, Leave A Note?

Damn. Gotta agree with Coop again!

John Wayne was a pretend man.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
Steve McQueen and Clint Eastwood were three times the man that fucking punk was.[/quote]

And Paul Newman. I bet he would have left a note. And a bottle of delicious salad dressing.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Damn. Gotta agree with Coop again!

John Wayne was a pretend man. [/quote]

This clip always give me a chuckle.

You Wayne haterz gonna start in on old Tom Jefferson also? Keerist.

[quote]sen say wrote:
You Wayne haterz gonna start in on old Tom Jefferson also? Keerist.[/quote]

I see no similarities. One was a Forefather and Framer, the other a famous fake.

Or did you mean George Jefferson?

lol

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]StevenF wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]sen say wrote:
Some people said they would’ve just left as that’s how the world works and you take that risk when you park in a garage…I was just like, well the world may work one way, but we can still be the better person…can’t picture John Wayne or Clint Eastwood taking off without manning up for sucking at reverse.[/quote]

I can’t speak for Clint Eastwood, but I can guarantee you that if John Wayne even suspected that the car he backed into belonged to someone who wasn’t white, especially if it belonged to some little Native American woman, he wouldn’t give one flying fuck about leaving a note. That guy was a Grade-A piece of shit in real life.[/quote]

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!![/quote]

Absolutely not. My grandfather actually knew him fairly well through a mutual friend, Slim Pickens of Dr. Strangelove fame. Pickens was a rodeo clown and good friend of my grandfather’s when he was a professional bull rider back in the 40’s. I haven’t heard one good thing about Wayne from him. Also, this is a guy who literally had to be held back by several people at the Academy Awards when he tried to physically attack the Native American woman who accepted Marlon Brando’s Oscar on his behalf. Only a fucking punk would try to physically attack a woman half his size simply because she had the audacity to say that the horrific treatment of her people was shameful.

Fuck John Wayne. Steve McQueen and Clint Eastwood were three times the man that fucking punk was.[/quote]

I told that Acadamy awards to my boy just yesterday lol.

The only smear on Clint was that movie Paint your Wagon, good grief.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
Steve McQueen and Clint Eastwood were three times the man that fucking punk was.[/quote]

And Paul Newman. I bet he would have left a note. And a bottle of delicious salad dressing.[/quote]

Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean is a must watch movie for any Paul Newman fan.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
The only smear on Clint was that movie Paint your Wagon, good grief.
[/quote]

LOL

I remember in '72 (I was in 4th grade) I begged my dad to let me stay up one night to watch Paint Your Wagon on TV.

Afterwards I said to myself, “I stayed up for THAT?”

lol

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:
Yes, I would and did.

I waited for the owner for a while, called my insurance and told them, then left a note, business card and my insurance with a claim number.

The Dallas cops gave me a ticket for “leaving the scene of an accident.”

Seriously.[/quote]

So the pigs expected you to wait around, possibly for HOURS until the owner showed up?

[/quote]

Who knows.

I had already taken pictures and emailed them to USAA (my insurance co) and their adjuster beat the owner to her car.

Part of the issue was the owner turned out to be a hysterical fat bitch lawyer who couldn’t believe I had already taken care of everything — she called the cops.[/quote]

That story is reason enough to not leave a note. It all depends on the situation, but if i did the “right thing” and it back fired by getting a bullshit ticket, and dealing with some gross cunt i would pissed to say the least.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
I didn’t once. This fucker shoe horned me in at an airport. It took me literally 30 mins. to work my way out of the spot inch-by-inch and on the last inch I had to rub by the bumper. No real damage but a scuff mark. I thought about leaving a note that said shove it up your ass, but I didn’t and just left. [/quote]

Oh that kind of shit burns me up. I would have left a note though. Only I would have written it on his car door with my poop.[/quote]

fixed

ethics > money

/thread

Myself and alot of my co-workers take break overlooking a parking lot. It’s amazing to see how many don’t leave notes. Most not worth a note but still. One guy approached a lady we work with and said to her in a very ominous voice " I saw what you did to that car in the parking lot lastnight" laughed and walked away. Now when ever she see’s him in a hallway she practicakly runs the opposite direction lol.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]sen say wrote:

I see no similarities. One was a Forefather and Framer, the other a famous fake.

lol[/quote]

You not need to lol at yourself…c’mon now…you’re better than that!

[quote]sen say wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]sen say wrote:

lol[/quote]

You not need to lol at yourself…c’mon now…you’re better than that![/quote]

Well, since you didn’t lol for me, it’s acceptable.

You know that feeling when you fuck up and life sucks for a few hours? That is nothing compared to the feeling that the universe fucked you for no good reason and you have to pay for some stranger’s mistake.

The feeling I have, knowing I’m going to pay for backing into someone’s car, versus the feeling they will have when they get done with a bad day at the office and come down to the garage to find x dollars in damage on their vehicle.

I don’t like being blindly victimized, and I refuse to do so to my fellow man.

Fuck John Wayne.

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:
That is nothing compared to the feeling that the universe fucked you for no good reason and you have to pay for some stranger’s mistake.
[/quote]

Avoid reading The Stranger. It will probably depress you.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:
That is nothing compared to the feeling that the universe fucked you for no good reason and you have to pay for some stranger’s mistake.
[/quote]

Avoid reading The Stranger. It will probably depress you. [/quote]

I’m not rusty on Camus, unfortunately. Yes, it was a bit depressing.

If you can’t handle your vehicle getting a couple scratches or maybe a small scrape, you may not be cut out for life in this world.

3 Words:
Bail, bail, bail

okay mostly joking about the bail. I’ve never parked in a NYC parking lot, but unless you suck at driving, how do you hit someone in a parking garage? I worked at an Atlanta health center last summer in a garage every day, and there were no issues.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
If you can’t handle your vehicle getting a couple scratches or maybe a small scrape, you may not be cut out for life in this world.[/quote]

Because some people like to keep there rides in decent shape. I mean, if you cant handle some dog shit in the corner of your living room, maybe you shouldnt own a house.

Living in Cleveland tho, is making me say fuck it, more and more i lust for truck that i wont wash and can actually drive through the pot holes all over the city.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
If you can’t handle your vehicle getting a couple scratches or maybe a small scrape, you may not be cut out for life in this world.[/quote]

Because some people like to keep there rides in decent shape. I mean, if you cant handle some dog shit in the corner of your living room, maybe you shouldnt own a house.

Living in Cleveland tho, is making me say fuck it, more and more i lust for truck that i wont wash and can actually drive through the pot holes all over the city. [/quote]