Parking Garage Violation, Leave A Note?

I backed into a car at my office and was getting ready to drive away when I decided it was the wrong thing to do. I opened my door to look at the damage and I had actually poked a coupled of holes into the other car’s bumper, so it wasn’t just a scratch. If I had just scratched it or dented it I probably wouldn’t have left a note. Also, if I’d been somewhere besides my work parking garage I may have taken off, but I’m not sure if they have cameras and knowing it might have been a co-worker’s car pushed me to leave the note.

As it stands, I feel like I did the right thing and once I get over the money issue I’ll be really proud of myself, but it’s going to cost me $796.

So, if you hit a parked car in a garage would you leave a note?

There’s cameras everywhere these days, so yeah, I’d leave one. Admittedly, I might not leave one if I KNEW no one saw it.

Yes.

I did when I bumped one parked illegally on the street. I am sure there were no cameras and he should not have parked there. Still, it was the right thing and I do not regret having done it.

Yes, I would and did.

I waited for the owner for a while, called my insurance and told them, then left a note, business card and my insurance with a claim number.

The Dallas cops gave me a ticket for “leaving the scene of an accident.”

Seriously.

Yes

Or maybe this one.

Only DB will post that he wouldn’t. And believe it or not, I respect that more than the people posting they would (and I believe them, too).

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:
[/quote]

That’s fucked up.

Yes, I would and did.

I waited for the owner for a while, called my insurance and told them, then left a note, business card and my insurance with a claim number.

Seriously.[/quote]

So the pigs expected you to wait around, possibly for HOURS until the owner showed up?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Yes, I would and did.

Seriously.[/quote]

So the pigs expected you to wait around, possibly for HOURS until the owner showed up?

[/quote]

Who knows.

I had already taken pictures and emailed them to USAA (my insurance co) and their adjuster beat the owner to her car.

Part of the issue was the owner turned out to be a hysterical fat bitch lawyer who couldn’t believe I had already taken care of everything — she called the cops.

I didn’t once. This fucker shoe horned me in at an airport. It took me literally 30 mins. to work my way out of the spot inch-by-inch and on the last inch I had to rub by the bumper. No real damage but a scuff mark. I thought about leaving a note that said shove it up your ass, but I didn’t and just left.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Only DB will post that he wouldn’t. And believe it or not, I respect that more than the people posting they would (and I believe them, too). [/quote]

I don’t think I’ve ever been in the position to have to leave a note. There’s been a couple times where I backed into something but didn’t leave any damage at all and I didn’t leave a note. But yeah, if I knew I wouldn’t get popped for it, I don’t think I would leave a note at all. The more damage done, the less likely I would be to leave one too. A couple hundred dollars worth of damage? I might. A grand a more? Definitely not. I’m fucking outta there.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
I didn’t once. This fucker shoe horned me in at an airport. It took me literally 30 mins. to work my way out of the spot inch-by-inch and on the last inch I had to rub by the bumper. No real damage but a scuff mark. I thought about leaving a note that said shove it up your ass, but I didn’t and just left. [/quote]

Oh that kind of shit burns me up. I would have left a note though. Only I would have written it on his car door with my keys.

I’ve bumped into other peoples cars a bunch of times, nothing major some scuff marks. Never left a note. If it was anything beyond a scuff mark I would leave a note.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Yes, I would and did.

Seriously.[/quote]

[/quote]

Who knows.

I had already taken pictures and emailed them to USAA (my insurance co) and their adjuster beat the owner to her car.

Part of the issue was the owner turned out to be a hysterical fat bitch lawyer who couldn’t believe I had already taken care of everything — she called the cops.[/quote]

Ah. There’s the answer. The woman found herself in a situation SHE couldn’t control.

I still wonder why the cops didn’t see that coming, especially since you went above and beyond what most would do in your situation.

Some people said they would’ve just left as that’s how the world works and you take that risk when you park in a garage…I was just like, well the world may work one way, but we can still be the better person…can’t picture John Wayne or Clint Eastwood taking off without manning up for sucking at reverse.

[quote]sen say wrote:
Some people said they would’ve just left as that’s how the world works and you take that risk when you park in a garage…I was just like, well the world may work one way, but we can still be the better person…can’t picture John Wayne or Clint Eastwood taking off without manning up for sucking at reverse.[/quote]

I can’t speak for Clint Eastwood, but I can guarantee you that if John Wayne even suspected that the car he backed into belonged to someone who wasn’t white, especially if it belonged to some little Native American woman, he wouldn’t give one flying fuck about leaving a note. That guy was a Grade-A piece of shit in real life.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]sen say wrote:
Some people said they would’ve just left as that’s how the world works and you take that risk when you park in a garage…I was just like, well the world may work one way, but we can still be the better person…can’t picture John Wayne or Clint Eastwood taking off without manning up for sucking at reverse.[/quote]

I can’t speak for Clint Eastwood, but I can guarantee you that if John Wayne even suspected that the car he backed into belonged to someone who wasn’t white, especially if it belonged to some little Native American woman, he wouldn’t give one flying fuck about leaving a note. That guy was a Grade-A piece of shit in real life.[/quote]

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!

[quote]StevenF wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]sen say wrote:

I can’t speak for Clint Eastwood, but I can guarantee you that if John Wayne even suspected that the car he backed into belonged to someone who wasn’t white, especially if it belonged to some little Native American woman, he wouldn’t give one flying fuck about leaving a note. That guy was a Grade-A piece of shit in real life.[/quote]

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!![/quote]

Absolutely not. My grandfather actually knew him fairly well through a mutual friend, Slim Pickens of Dr. Strangelove fame. Pickens was a rodeo clown and good friend of my grandfather’s when he was a professional bull rider back in the 40’s. I haven’t heard one good thing about Wayne from him. Also, this is a guy who literally had to be held back by several people at the Academy Awards when he tried to physically attack the Native American woman who accepted Marlon Brando’s Oscar on his behalf. Only a fucking punk would try to physically attack a woman half his size simply because she had the audacity to say that the horrific treatment of her people was shameful.

Fuck John Wayne. Steve McQueen and Clint Eastwood were three times the man that fucking punk was.