Paris Hilton Going to Jail?

SAVE PERRIS!!

[quote]Addicted wrote:
Magarhe wrote:
yep she is out now, 2 days, she didn’t like it so out she goes.

… and justice for all …

wonder what they would have done if she DUI into a family car and knocked off a few kids etc…

Vehicular manslaughter…dude she would have been screwed on that one. One week in jail, and about 10 hours of community service would set her ass straight. She’d think twice about killing anybody with her car again.

[/quote]

That’s a bit of a harsh sentence, don’t you think?

You know, I could care less about some heiress and her legal troubles. What really bunches my panties is special treatment. If this was you or me, we’d be in the pokey, getting the pokey. No special treatment. No home release.

And another thing that really pisses me off is that I totally agree with Al Sharpton on this one.
http://drudgereport.com/flash5.htm

I’m sure I’ll get over it soon.

And here you thought “get out of jail free” cards were limited to the board game!

Moral of the story: own enough hotels, and you can pick your favorite card from the deck every time!

On second thought, if this person were not famous would it be that big a deal. With how crowded jails are does LA county really need to waste tax payer money to keep her confined?

If this were an average person with no criminal record I cannot see them being kept in jail if they weren’t considered a threat, especially with the way technology works these days. I still think solitary confinement would be good for her as well as being cut off all her connections to the outside.

What really pisses me off is that an heiress can throw a fit, be declared “medically unfit”, and be sent home. Meanwhile, the state of TX executes an other retard.

Why am I paying attention to this shit? Doesn’t fame suck?

[quote]rsg wrote:
Addicted wrote:
Magarhe wrote:
yep she is out now, 2 days, she didn’t like it so out she goes.

… and justice for all …

wonder what they would have done if she DUI into a family car and knocked off a few kids etc…

Vehicular manslaughter…dude she would have been screwed on that one. One week in jail, and about 10 hours of community service would set her ass straight. She’d think twice about killing anybody with her car again.

That’s a bit of a harsh sentence, don’t you think?[/quote]

Damn right. But, think of the lives lost because of her stupidity. One week IS harsh, but those people who died, because of her, are never coming back.

On a personal note. My brother got popped with a DUI, and just finished court in MD. First offense, never had any run-ins with the law…

Sentence was 2 years probation, mandatory (out of pocket) alcohol counseling for those 2 years, random piss tests (drugs or alcohol) and 40 hours community service. AND, he was the ONLY first offender who didn’t get jail time that day…he was also the only one with a lawyer.

I guarantee you, if he does something stupid in the next 2 years, he won’t be getting out after only 3 days…I guess he could try not eating what the country club serves, or fake menstrual cramps…something.

Um… There are 44 replies to this drivel? On T-Nation? Wow.

I think we may all be overreacting. It could really just be a big mix-up.

I mean maybe she was just denying the food in order to drop some weight so she’d be a lean 80lbs for her “re-entry into society party”.

The judge should really be up on the Hollywood party scene to avoid these situations in the future. He’s really screwed Paris, she’s gonna have to use laxatives now for tonight’s society events. This is just another case of the justice system being out of touch with society.

that chick is hot. i’d do her 9 ways to sunday.

too bad she never had to set foot in a wisconsin female prison.

floripa

[quote]florianopolis wrote:
too bad she never had to set foot in a wisconsin female prison.

floripa[/quote]

Paris just didn’t get out early (home detention) because she’s a celebrity, she got out because the California jail system is vastly overcrowded and for females the judicial system is a joke. If you think she got it easy, don’t even get me started on female drug addicts who break into people’s houses to steal to buy meth or whatever they are into and who get a measly two weeks or less in jail.

Fact: California doesn’t have enough jails and prisons.

Fact: California’s detention system is a resort for criminals.

I DON’T CARE, I’D STILL HIT IT! HARD.

I’m just wondering why Paris is freed. what about “and justice for all”?

[quote]Zwartbroek wrote:
what about “and justice for all”? [/quote]

Just a song by Metallica…

I wonder what her mysterious medical condition is?

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
Zwartbroek wrote:
what about “and justice for all”?

[/quote]

And they wrote the Pledge of Allegiance as well ?
Did not know that Michael.

and she was dragged screaming and crying back to jail, apparently to server all 45 days and not the reduced 23. could there be some justice in the world?

[quote]Zwartbroek wrote:
michael2507 wrote:
Zwartbroek wrote:

[/quote]
No, that one was a cover.

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
Zwartbroek wrote:
michael2507 wrote:
Zwartbroek wrote:

No, that one was a cover.
[/quote]

Lol… thank you !

HAHAHAHAHAHA from yahoo news

Screaming Paris Hilton sent back to jail
Today at 12:22 pm

Paris Hilton was taken from a courtroom screaming and crying Friday seconds after a judge ordered her returned to jail to serve out her entire 45-day sentence for a parole violation in a reckless driving case.

“It’s not right!” shouted the weeping Hilton. “Mom!” she called out to her mother in the audience.

Hilton, who was brought to court in handcuffs in a sheriff’s car, came into the courtroom disheveled and weeping. Her hair was askew and she wore a gray fuzzy sweatshirt over slacks. She wore no makeup and she cried throughout the hearing
Her body also shook constantly as she dabbed at her eyes. Several times she turned to her parents, seated behind her in the courtroom, and mouthed, “I love you.”

She had been brought to court in sheriff’s custody today for a court hearing on her early release from jail after back-and-forth decisions on whether she could participate by telephone from her home.

Hilton, appearing to be in handcuffs, cried after she was placed into a black-and-white patrol car, which sped away from her home with lights flashing as news helicopters pursued, broadcasting live TV coverage.

The car carrying her disappeared into the courthouse’s underground parking lot, avoiding a swarm of news media, and her parents then arrived.

In the hearing, which began at late morning, a judge was to listen to the city attorney’s complaint that the county sheriff did not have the right to reassign her to electronically monitored home detention after only three days in jail for violating probation in a reckless driving case.

On Thursday, Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer ordered that Hilton be brought to Friday’s hearing. But early Friday a court spokesman announced that she would be allowed to participate by telephone, which is common in misdemeanor cases. Then, in a reversal, the spokesman said the judge had ordered the Sheriff’s Department to pick her up and bring her to court.

The frenzy began early Thursday when sheriff’s officials released Hilton because of an undisclosed medical condition and sent her home under house arrest. She had been in jail for three days.

Hilton was fitted with an electronic monitoring ankle bracelet and was expected to finish her 45-day sentence for a reckless driving probation violation at her four-bedroom, three-bath home.

The decision by Sheriff Lee Baca to move Hilton chafed prosecutors and Sauer, who spelled out during sentencing that Hilton was not allowed to serve house detention.

Late Thursday, Sauer issued the order for Hilton to return to court after the city attorney filed a petition demanding that Hilton be returned to jail and to show cause why Baca shouldn’t be held in contempt of court.

Baca does not have to be in court, and it was unclear who would represent the Sheriff’s Department.

The move also was met with outrage from the sheriff’s deputies union, members of the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, civil rights leaders, defense attorneys and others.

“What transpired here is outrageous,” county Supervisor Don Knabe told The Associated Press, adding he received more than 400 angry e-mails and hundreds more phone calls from around the country.

Hilton’s return home “gives the impression of … celebrity justice being handed out,” he said.

Baca dismissed the criticism, saying the decision was made based on medical advice.

“It isn’t wise to keep a person in jail with her problem over an extended period of time and let the problem get worse,” Baca told the Los Angeles Times on Thursday.

“My message to those who don’t like celebrities is that punishing celebrities more than the average American is not justice,” Baca said.

California Attorney General Jerry Brown criticized the Sheriff’s Department for letting Hilton out of jail, saying he believed she should serve out her sentence.

“It does hold up the system to ridicule when the powerful and the famous get special treatment,” Brown told The Associated Press in an interview before testifying at a congressional hearing in Washington, D.C.

“I’m sure there’s a lot of people who’ve seen their family members go to jail and have various ailments, physical and psychological, that didn’t get them released,” he said. “I’d say it’s time for a course correction.”

The Los Angeles County jail system is so overcrowded that attorneys and jail officials have said it is not unusual for nonviolent offenders like Hilton to be released after serving as little as 10 percent of their sentences.

In the hours after Hilton’s release, it was a madcap scene outside her house in the hills above the Sunset Strip. As word spread that the 26-year-old poster child for bad celebrity behavior was back home, radio helicopter pilots who normally report on traffic conditions were dispatched to hover over her house and describe it to morning commuters. Paparazzi photographers on the ground quickly assembled outside its gates.

Shortly before noon, Hilton issued a statement through her attorney.

“I want to thank the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and staff of the Century Regional Detention Center for treating me fairly and professionally,” she said. “I am going to serve the remaining 40 days of my sentence. I have learned a great deal from this ordeal and hope that others have learned from my mistakes.”

Hilton’s path to jail began Sept. 7, when she failed a sobriety test after police saw her weaving down a street in her Mercedes-Benz on what she said was a late-night run to a hamburger stand.

She pleaded no contest to reckless driving and was sentenced to 36 months’ probation, alcohol education and $1,500 in fines.

In the months that followed she was stopped twice by officers who discovered her driving on a suspended license. The second stop landed her in Sauer’s courtroom, where he sentenced her to jail.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/urn:newsml:tv.ap.org:20070608:paris_hilton__ER:69762;_ylt=ArcSxPk33TXCMCIN7dypfF76o9EF