Pardon Me Sir, But WTF Are You Doing?

theres a guy at my gym who loads the smith cage up, then places a step up platform upside down with a fitness ball in it. Then he assumes the squat position, and pushes his feet to the end of the smith cage so that his thighs/calves are not at a 90 degree angle, while hes sitting on this propped up fitness ball. Then he proceeds to “squat” while bouncing off the ball. This guy tried to tell me i was squatting improperly one time, and i basically laughed and shoo’d him away.

Ooh, is this like the squat rack curl thread except more wtf? I have one I’ve been wanting to describe:

So there was this guy in like some sort of track singlet (damned skinny, and a flat ass–it’s hard NOT to notice in that thing…). So he does this thing where he kinda does this bridge with his shoulders on a swiss ball (not even a bridge really, his torso is parallel to the ground)… and he’s squeezing a 5 lb medicine ball between his knees. Lucky for me, I don’t use medicine balls…

there was an event this morning that I couldnt quite figure out . first off , what appears to be a whole family of newbs comes in…every one of them extremely obese ; mom , dad , and boy …all way over 50% body fat .(coulda been brothers and sisters , who knows) . more power to 'em right ?

well , I’m unracking for a set of good mornings , and dad comes over and starts talkin to me as Im doing the set . Im a nice guy so I answer his question as best I could…figuring he probably didnt know any better than talkin at someone as they repped .

dad walks away…and suddenly CRASH . I (and everybody else)look towards the HammerStrength incline leg press , and there sits Junior…the sled with 4 plates on it all the way down on the pins , and Junior is sittin in the thing FRIKKIN SIDEWAYS . WTF ? couldnt figure out if he was trying to get in it and the sled somehow came down , which means that both safety handles would have to be flipped down with the loaded sled resting against them…or if he was trying to get out of it , not realising that he was supposed to flip the handles back up BEFORE he tried to exit the apparatus . but in that case…how the fuck did he get his torso spun and his legs out of the way before the sled pinned his knees and legs to his chest ? I still cant figure it out . I was damn curious , but I didnt want to ask .

Junior got lucky . 4 plates may not be much , but it’s gonna hurt like hell comin’ down on a kids legs or hands , or smashin’ a big fat-roll between the seat and the sled.

A while ago there was a woman who wanted to use this kind of hack squat.

There were NO plates on the sled, but some 45s were on those pins you see on the support leg.

So she got on, did one rep and got off. She took a 45 off the pin and I thought she was going to do hacks with a 45 per side…admirable!

No, she took the plate off and slowly hauled it to the weight tree a few feet away, then took one of the 45s from the other side’s pin and put it away, then she got on and did one rep.

She does one rep then gets off again and takes ANOTHER 45 off each pin and puts it away!

I think she did it again, then walked away.

So she basically pushed the sled 3 times, but thought she’d been doing 3 or 4 45s per side.

I know that some Hammer Strength machines (like the back ones) can momentarily confuse you the first time as to which are the moving part and which pins just hold the plates for you, but she went beyond. I mean look at where the pins for holding extra plates are on the hack squat! They’re on a leg that meets the ground!

NARDS ! FUCK YOU FOR NOT FILMING THAT! AHHH I COULD HAVE DIED TO SEE THAT!

NOW! FEEL THE WRATH OF MY CAPS LOCK!

I know, I’m sorry…it was sort of all over in about a minute and a half. I usually leave the camera in my locker.

hmmm…well I guess we can let you off this time…but only if you ship me one of those 7 pattie burgers!

whatever that is, no doing it in the power cage.

hey Nards…after the kid got out of the leg press , I saw him settling into the hack squat , just like the one you posted .

I was thinkin’…yup , were gonna see paramedics today !

and then I turned away , not willing to watch the carnage . nothing happened though .

Yeah, I’m surprised he wasn’t crushed. Most leg presses stop before closing completely but you’d have to be pretty small if you can sit in it while closed.

God I hope this doesn’t double post again. I’ve been having trouble with that.

2 squat racks in my gym side by side. one has a bar on it at waist height loaded to 80lbs and the other is being used by a guy to do rows.
wanting to use the rack but seeing no one in it i wait a minute incase someone using it has gone for water or something but no infact mr Rows is using it to super set his rows with BB curls

ON MY SQUAT DAY!

let him go back to rows and i set up for squats. think he was about to say something then saw me loading up the bar and getting under it and walked off. its great doing that to guys who are bigger than you

One time and only one time never seen him again, even asked the staff and they never seen him either, this guy was hanging upside down from the pull up bar and had a stability ball between his legs.

The best way to describe what he was doing was a reverse crunch only upside down.

Then to get down he would backflip from hanging upside down and land sitting on the stability ball.

^^
That’s kind of impressive.

i came in here pissed off wanting to abuse that lil brown person but he aint here, must find andrew.

[quote]Kerley wrote:
i came in here pissed off wanting to abuse that lil brown person but he aint here, must find andrew.[/quote]

May not always be posting, but I’m ALWAYS watching!

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:

[quote]Kerley wrote:
i came in here pissed off wanting to abuse that lil brown person but he aint here, must find andrew.[/quote]

[/quote]

AH HA!

i new id get your coyote ass out here!

ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

[quote]Kerley wrote:

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:

[quote]Kerley wrote:

[/quote]

AH HA!

i new id get your coyote ass out here!

ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?[/quote]

You’re a very nice girl, and I like you very much. But, right now, shut up!