Paraworkout Nutrition

I know this is hot spot for those looking to spend a lot of money on supplements and delusion of heaps of muscle from the addition of leucine, but I want to build my own, cheap paraworkout protocol that will hopefully increase my recovery rate, increase my workout intensity and minimise my DOMS. So far I’ve got the following, but I feel it needs tweaking:

Meat and vegetable meal 60-90 mins before workout
Preworkout 40 mins before - 50g palatinose (I get bloated from grains), 50g whey, a 250mg cap of alpha GPC, 4g creatine CEE.
Intra - 20g BCAA with added beta alanine, citrulline malate, 5g glycine, 1g taurine
Post - 5g leucine
10mins later - 50g whey, 4g creatine CEE, pint of blue milk, 1 cap NAC

Can someone pick some wholes/flaws in this protocol and make some additions/deletions. BBB/bushidobadboy I know you mentioned that your intra workout was a ‘secret’ in 2010, hopefully you’re not still doing this a I would very much like some of your expertise on this protocol.

[quote]golder wrote:
I know this is hot spot for those looking to spend a lot of money on supplements and delusion of heaps of muscle from the addition of leucine, but I want to build my own, cheap paraworkout protocol that will hopefully increase my recovery rate, increase my workout intensity and minimise my DOMS. So far I’ve got the following, but I know it needs tweaking:

Meat and vegetable meal 90 mins before workout
Preworkout 40 mins before - 50g palatinose (I get bloated from grains), 50g whey, 1 250mg cap of alpha GPC, 4g creatine CEE.
Intra - 20g BCAA with added beta alanine, citrulline malate, 5g glycine, 1g taurine
Post - 5g leucine
10mins later - 50g whey, 4g creatine CEE, pint of blue milk, 1 cap NAC

Can someone pick some wholes/flaws in this protocol and make some additions/deletions. BBB/bushidobadboy I know you mentioned that your intra workout was a ‘secret’ in 2010, hopefully you’re not still doing this a I would very much like some of your expertise on this protocol. [/quote]

What’s your current level of development like? That looks way more complicated than is really necessary, especially if you aren’t in the intermediate-advanced zone.

I would include some fats along with what you’re taking 40 minutes preworkout so you don’t crash around your workout. Other than that I don’t see anything glaringly WRONG, though at least half of your intraworkout supps are unnecessary and 5g of creatine would probably do you just fine. Obviously you can spend as much as you want though.

This is just IMHO. I’m not expert and I obviously defer to anyone with more legit credentials than me.

I’m well aware that I can be seen to be overcomplicating things here. In contrast, my routine literally consists of bench, squat, OHP, deads, chins. I just really want to hammer in a solid paraworkout protocol to maximise the intensity and minimise the DOMS.

I know a lot of people will be more aware of interactions/negations/missing ingredients/superfluous ingredients better than I will!

If you want to get complicated, by all means go for it.

I’ve done BA, CM, and Creatine and not noticed a damn thing (tried them from several different companies), but some people swear by them.

If it works for you, then keep on keepin on.

Like Bigmac said, nothing glaringly “wrong”, though I’ve never followed anything that complicated with my workout nutrition.

Paraworkout nutrition?

Sounds legit to me.

Consider adding a protein ‘intra’

Something like Pepto pro works great, and even though it’s expensive by the pound, the serving size per workout you’ll need is only 5g or so.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Consider adding a protein ‘intra’

Something like Pepto pro works great, and even though it’s expensive by the pound, the serving size per workout you’ll need is only 5g or so.[/quote]

Do you really notice a difference with pepto vs. whey?

Say, a 25gram serving of Whey vs. a 5g serving of Pepto?