T Nation

Paranormal Activity

I went and saw it last weekend, and it is one of the creepiest movies I have seen since the Exorcist. I was pleasantly surprised that the handcam didn’t dominate and ruin the movie as it is extremely steady and usually on a tripod. You can kinda forget that it’s there unlike Blair witch which I thought sucked and wasn’t scary.

Watching it with a crowd was the best part; it was especially cool how quiet the theater got during the night time scenes when all the scary stuff happened. I also got to hear a legitimate “oh no he di’int” which made everyone in the theater laugh.

Anyone see this yet? What did you think?

Awesome! Heard good stuff about it. The IMDb of it says 2007? Weird. Anyway, I’ll def being seeing it soon.

Terrible waste of money on my part. Buddies were like “It’s got Mila Jovovich in it dude!” so I went. 5 minutes into what I thought to be some weird trailer I realized they were mistaken. The crowd’s reactions/quips were more entertaining than the movie itself.

I thought it was good but it definitely wasn’t that scary. I also liked how quiet it got. I just wish there had been more exposition because I’m a curious guy and I like to know all the details.

as I said before.

DUMB FUCKING MOVIE

NOT SCARY

would have shut it off after 5 mins if it wasn’t for all the hype

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
Awesome! Heard good stuff about it. The IMDb of it says 2007? Weird. Anyway, I’ll def being seeing it soon.[/quote]

it came out a few years ago, but was never picked up for theaters or going to DVD I guess.

the version I watched was the 2007 one, with a few minor changes

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
as I said before.

DUMB FUCKING MOVIE

NOT SCARY

would have shut it off after 5 mins if it wasn’t for all the hype[/quote]

Man, I really enjoyed it. The first 20 minutes or so were really slow and I was expecting a Blair Witch repeat, but then it took off and got pretty spooky. I have 3 other friends who’ve seen it and 2 of the three thought it was the scariest movie they’ve seen. My other body thought “it sucked dick”.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
as I said before.

DUMB FUCKING MOVIE

NOT SCARY

would have shut it off after 5 mins if it wasn’t for all the hype

Man, I really enjoyed it. The first 20 minutes or so were really slow and I was expecting a Blair Witch repeat, but then it took off and got pretty spooky. I have 3 other friends who’ve seen it and 2 of the three thought it was the scariest movie they’ve seen. My other body thought “it sucked dick”.[/quote]

…he has two bodies! lucky duck…
I thought it was pretty good, not the scariest movie I’ve ever seen but it was cool. I’m on a constant horror movie diet so I may be…broken…when it comes to horror though. I dunno.

I will tell you this, people ran out of the theater in terror and I even saw a chick crying from fear afterwards…

[quote]BodyByGame20 wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
as I said before.

DUMB FUCKING MOVIE

NOT SCARY

would have shut it off after 5 mins if it wasn’t for all the hype

Man, I really enjoyed it. The first 20 minutes or so were really slow and I was expecting a Blair Witch repeat, but then it took off and got pretty spooky. I have 3 other friends who’ve seen it and 2 of the three thought it was the scariest movie they’ve seen. My other body thought “it sucked dick”.

…he has two bodies! lucky duck…
I thought it was pretty good, not the scariest movie I’ve ever seen but it was cool. I’m on a constant horror movie diet so I may be…broken…when it comes to horror though. I dunno.

I will tell you this, people ran out of the theater in terror and I even saw a chick crying from fear afterwards…[/quote]

LOL, that’s just ridiculous.

I thought it was OK, my girlfriend thought it was really good.

Minor Spoiler:
A few things that did annoy me were how they never closed the door, left lights off, etc. Just not what you’d do in a real life situation.