T Nation

Paranormal Activity Movie

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
Did you enjoy the Blair Witch, and do you see any similarities? I’m trying to go see this with an open mind but my disdain for the BWP might not let that happen…

I did enjoy the Blair Witch Project, for what it was, and not as “the scariest movie of all time” as it was billed. This movie is quite different. The main similarities are that its filmed with a camcorder, and that the gradual deterioration of a situation are shown on film.

Really, I’d recommend just seeing it. I’d be surprised if you thought it was a complete piece of shit.[/quote]

Hadn’t read your reply until just now. That was easily one of the best scary movies I’ve ever seen. The theater was packed for the 10:30pm show on a Sunday night, and everyone seemed to be generally spooked when it was over. I was thinking this afternoon that I should give the BWP another shot, but even if it’s as shitty as I remember it being Paranormal more than makes up for it.

I was really impressed by the actors and the way it was shot. The whole thing was just really well put together and I’m honestly still a little spooked, ha. My girl said it’s probably the scariest movie she’s seen, and she’s actually pretty good about shit like that. Those that haven’t seen it, ya’ll gotta check it out.

I’ve heard mixed reviews:

A lot of my college friends tell me it will make you shit your pants when you try to go to sleep at night

But my kid brother says its nothing out of the ordinary; sure there were some freaky stuff but overall probably not worth the money.

I’m a sucker for scary movies but sadly there hasn’t been a decent horror flick in a while. Movies where its scary outside of popups. I’ll probably end up going to see this after some good weed. Hopefully that will intensify the experience a little.

Not to hijack this thread but, what are shrooms like? I’ve been very curious about it but I’ve head a shit ton of stories where people have had bad trips, almost killed themselves and etc. Others say its an experience that change your outlook on life, good or bad. I figured that I’m in college and this would be the most appropriate time to experiment with them. That said, what have your experiences been like? Warnings? Anything?

MM

[quote]Mr.Martian wrote:
I’ve heard mixed reviews:

A lot of my college friends tell me it will make you shit your pants when you try to go to sleep at night

But my kid brother says its nothing out of the ordinary; sure there were some freaky stuff but overall probably not worth the money.

I’m a sucker for scary movies but sadly there hasn’t been a decent horror flick in a while. Movies where its scary outside of popups. I’ll probably end up going to see this after some good weed. Hopefully that will intensify the experience a little.

Not to hijack this thread but, what are shrooms like? I’ve been very curious about it but I’ve head a shit ton of stories where people have had bad trips, almost killed themselves and etc. Others say its an experience that change your outlook on life, good or bad. I figured that I’m in college and this would be the most appropriate time to experiment with them. That said, what have your experiences been like? Warnings? Anything?

MM[/quote]

Dude, I’m probably the biggest horror movie critic you’ll find, and I went into this thinking it was gonna suck just like the BWP. It was easily one of the best scary movies I’ve ever seen and your college friends were right, I did have trouble sleeping last night. Our dog has this stuffed monkey that makes noise when you squeeze it’s belly, and she rolled over and hit it at about 3 am and I damn near had a heart attack, haha. Any scary movie buff will appreciate how well done this movie is.

Also, I’m no expert on shrooms but every time I’ve eaten 'em I had an awesome time. Was way mellow and everything was super funny and chill. I don’t know how you could have a bad experience on them. Acid on the other hand is fucking terrible. Haven’t dropped since I was 17 but you couldn’t pay me to do that shit now.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Mr.Martian wrote:
I’ve heard mixed reviews:

A lot of my college friends tell me it will make you shit your pants when you try to go to sleep at night

But my kid brother says its nothing out of the ordinary; sure there were some freaky stuff but overall probably not worth the money.

I’m a sucker for scary movies but sadly there hasn’t been a decent horror flick in a while. Movies where its scary outside of popups. I’ll probably end up going to see this after some good weed. Hopefully that will intensify the experience a little.

Not to hijack this thread but, what are shrooms like? I’ve been very curious about it but I’ve head a shit ton of stories where people have had bad trips, almost killed themselves and etc. Others say its an experience that change your outlook on life, good or bad. I figured that I’m in college and this would be the most appropriate time to experiment with them. That said, what have your experiences been like? Warnings? Anything?

MM

Dude, I’m probably the biggest horror movie critic you’ll find, and I went into this thinking it was gonna suck just like the BWP. It was easily one of the best scary movies I’ve ever seen and your college friends were right, I did have trouble sleeping last night. Our dog has this stuffed monkey that makes noise when you squeeze it’s belly, and she rolled over and hit it at about 3 am and I damn near had a heart attack, haha. Any scary movie buff will appreciate how well done this movie is.

Thats good enough for me. I’ll probably catch it this weekend with some RELUCTANT friends. The people I hang out most with, cant handle scary movies…pussies. But I’ll digress.

LOL. That bad huh? Really juiced about seeing it now. Scary movies are like spicy food, good while you’re running through it, but you will pay the price.

Also, I’m no expert on shrooms but every time I’ve eaten 'em I had an awesome time. Was way mellow and everything was super funny and chill. I don’t know how you could have a bad experience on them. Acid on the other hand is fucking terrible. Haven’t dropped since I was 17 but you couldn’t pay me to do that shit now.[/quote]

Thanks for the input. I guess its going to be a personal call. I’ve heard people really freaked out on shrooms, people hallucinating so bad they were trying to cut body parts off, etc. People have recommended having someone sober to supervise and keep you in the house while on shrooms though. How much are you exactly suppose to take?

MM

Hmm wonder why the first part of my post isn’t in yellow.

[quote]Artem wrote:
PimpBot5000 wrote:
Artem wrote:
Saw it shrooming: A great and horrible decision in one.

Good God man…what was that like? Shrooms serve to amplify the situation for me…chilled out at the cottage with friends, great decision…watching anything remotely scary, very bad decision. I once watched a fat woman devour a “Drumstick” ice-cream snack on shrooms and was absolutely horrified.

Just generated a lot of really interesting thoughts. I’ve learned to control my emotions mostly shrooming, so I wasn’t freaking out or anything.

I question everything when shrooming though, so I was sitting there like… Yes, these images I’m seeing are frightening in nature, but why? And I was just picking apart what fear is in my mind for like 30 minutes. Then, I remembered I was watching a movie. I also ended up concentrating on people around me a lot and on how they were bahaving… what they were doing… how different people react to situations. The boyfriend trying to act hard and flexing the arm his girl is gripping when he sees the suspenseful, scary part coming, then freaking harder than her when it does.

It’s amusing shit.[/quote]

Thats a perfect example of what shrooms and acid do to me. You notice the “real” emotions that come to the surface for a split second and then dissapear. And the horrible part is you’re aware enough to interpret it. If you’re the jealous type, don’t do it with your girlfriend and your other guy friends - you’ll get butthurt when you realize which of your friends she would fuck if you weren’t in the picture lol

[quote]spyoptic wrote:
Artem wrote:
PimpBot5000 wrote:
Artem wrote:
Saw it shrooming: A great and horrible decision in one.

Good God man…what was that like? Shrooms serve to amplify the situation for me…chilled out at the cottage with friends, great decision…watching anything remotely scary, very bad decision. I once watched a fat woman devour a “Drumstick” ice-cream snack on shrooms and was absolutely horrified.

Just generated a lot of really interesting thoughts. I’ve learned to control my emotions mostly shrooming, so I wasn’t freaking out or anything.

I question everything when shrooming though, so I was sitting there like… Yes, these images I’m seeing are frightening in nature, but why? And I was just picking apart what fear is in my mind for like 30 minutes. Then, I remembered I was watching a movie. I also ended up concentrating on people around me a lot and on how they were bahaving… what they were doing… how different people react to situations. The boyfriend trying to act hard and flexing the arm his girl is gripping when he sees the suspenseful, scary part coming, then freaking harder than her when it does.

It’s amusing shit.

Thats a perfect example of what shrooms and acid do to me. You notice the “real” emotions that come to the surface for a split second and then dissapear. And the horrible part is you’re aware enough to interpret it. If you’re the jealous type, don’t do it with your girlfriend and your other guy friends - you’ll get butthurt when you realize which of your friends she would fuck if you weren’t in the picture lol

[/quote]

Eh, weed does the same effect for me. For some reason I feel like I truly understand people’s underlying motives and it’s all I can think about.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
spyoptic wrote:
Artem wrote:
PimpBot5000 wrote:
Artem wrote:
Saw it shrooming: A great and horrible decision in one.

Good God man…what was that like? Shrooms serve to amplify the situation for me…chilled out at the cottage with friends, great decision…watching anything remotely scary, very bad decision. I once watched a fat woman devour a “Drumstick” ice-cream snack on shrooms and was absolutely horrified.

Just generated a lot of really interesting thoughts. I’ve learned to control my emotions mostly shrooming, so I wasn’t freaking out or anything.

I question everything when shrooming though, so I was sitting there like… Yes, these images I’m seeing are frightening in nature, but why? And I was just picking apart what fear is in my mind for like 30 minutes. Then, I remembered I was watching a movie. I also ended up concentrating on people around me a lot and on how they were bahaving… what they were doing… how different people react to situations. The boyfriend trying to act hard and flexing the arm his girl is gripping when he sees the suspenseful, scary part coming, then freaking harder than her when it does.

It’s amusing shit.

Thats a perfect example of what shrooms and acid do to me. You notice the “real” emotions that come to the surface for a split second and then dissapear. And the horrible part is you’re aware enough to interpret it. If you’re the jealous type, don’t do it with your girlfriend and your other guy friends - you’ll get butthurt when you realize which of your friends she would fuck if you weren’t in the picture lol

Eh, weed does the same effect for me. For some reason I feel like I truly understand people’s underlying motives and it’s all I can think about.
[/quote]

Yea its definately there with weed, but not strong enough to compare. I really liked when I was able to control my highs so that Id shut out that part of me that wants to pick everything apart and just have fun.

[quote]spyoptic wrote:
Artem wrote:
PimpBot5000 wrote:
Artem wrote:
Saw it shrooming: A great and horrible decision in one.

Good God man…what was that like? Shrooms serve to amplify the situation for me…chilled out at the cottage with friends, great decision…watching anything remotely scary, very bad decision. I once watched a fat woman devour a “Drumstick” ice-cream snack on shrooms and was absolutely horrified.

Just generated a lot of really interesting thoughts. I’ve learned to control my emotions mostly shrooming, so I wasn’t freaking out or anything.

I question everything when shrooming though, so I was sitting there like… Yes, these images I’m seeing are frightening in nature, but why? And I was just picking apart what fear is in my mind for like 30 minutes. Then, I remembered I was watching a movie. I also ended up concentrating on people around me a lot and on how they were bahaving… what they were doing… how different people react to situations. The boyfriend trying to act hard and flexing the arm his girl is gripping when he sees the suspenseful, scary part coming, then freaking harder than her when it does.

It’s amusing shit.

Thats a perfect example of what shrooms and acid do to me. You notice the “real” emotions that come to the surface for a split second and then dissapear. And the horrible part is you’re aware enough to interpret it. If you’re the jealous type, don’t do it with your girlfriend and your other guy friends - you’ll get butthurt when you realize which of your friends she would fuck if you weren’t in the picture lol

[/quote]

Is that what that feeling is?! I’ve always felt it whenever I smoke enough weed. It’s like I can penetrate someones personality. When I’m high I’ll pay real close attention to people’s minute behaviors, various expressions and how they carry themselves. I’m not sure if its just that I’m high or if I’m really getting some “insight” if you will on their true personality. Very cool observation

MM

I come here to read about the film, and you dipshits have turned this thread into a druggie fuckfest.

lol

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I come here to read about the film, and you dipshits have turned this thread into a druggie fuckfest.

lol[/quote]

Surprised you’re not participating in the circle jerk … you’re a liberal artist from New Jersey … you should have the best shit on here lol

[quote]polo77j wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
I come here to read about the film, and you dipshits have turned this thread into a druggie fuckfest.

lol

Surprised you’re not participating in the circle jerk … you’re a liberal artist from New Jersey … you should have the best shit on here lol[/quote]

Hah! I’m probably the cleanest motherfucker on here, Polo. I don’t even take aspirin.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
polo77j wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
I come here to read about the film, and you dipshits have turned this thread into a druggie fuckfest.

lol

Surprised you’re not participating in the circle jerk … you’re a liberal artist from New Jersey … you should have the best shit on here lol

Hah! I’m probably the cleanest motherfucker on here, Polo. I don’t even take aspirin.
[/quote]

lol … well, you transcend stereotypes … you should take bayer though … I’d imagine at your advanced age you’re at a higher risk of heart attack and bayer can help you out with that

[quote]polo77j wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
polo77j wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
I come here to read about the film, and you dipshits have turned this thread into a druggie fuckfest.

lol

Surprised you’re not participating in the circle jerk … you’re a liberal artist from New Jersey … you should have the best shit on here lol

Hah! I’m probably the cleanest motherfucker on here, Polo. I don’t even take aspirin.

lol … well, you transcend stereotypes … you should take bayer though … I’d imagine at your advanced age you’re at a higher risk of heart attack and bayer can help you out with that[/quote]

LMFAO!!!

I watched the trailer on YouTube last night, and was scared while laying in bed.

Fuck ever seeing this movie.

[quote]Mr.Martian wrote:
spyoptic wrote:
Artem wrote:
PimpBot5000 wrote:
Artem wrote:
Saw it shrooming: A great and horrible decision in one.

Good God man…what was that like? Shrooms serve to amplify the situation for me…chilled out at the cottage with friends, great decision…watching anything remotely scary, very bad decision. I once watched a fat woman devour a “Drumstick” ice-cream snack on shrooms and was absolutely horrified.

Just generated a lot of really interesting thoughts. I’ve learned to control my emotions mostly shrooming, so I wasn’t freaking out or anything.

I question everything when shrooming though, so I was sitting there like… Yes, these images I’m seeing are frightening in nature, but why? And I was just picking apart what fear is in my mind for like 30 minutes. Then, I remembered I was watching a movie. I also ended up concentrating on people around me a lot and on how they were bahaving… what they were doing… how different people react to situations. The boyfriend trying to act hard and flexing the arm his girl is gripping when he sees the suspenseful, scary part coming, then freaking harder than her when it does.

It’s amusing shit.

Thats a perfect example of what shrooms and acid do to me. You notice the “real” emotions that come to the surface for a split second and then dissapear. And the horrible part is you’re aware enough to interpret it. If you’re the jealous type, don’t do it with your girlfriend and your other guy friends - you’ll get butthurt when you realize which of your friends she would fuck if you weren’t in the picture lol

Is that what that feeling is?! I’ve always felt it whenever I smoke enough weed. It’s like I can penetrate someones personality. When I’m high I’ll pay real close attention to people’s minute behaviors, various expressions and how they carry themselves. I’m not sure if its just that I’m high or if I’m really getting some “insight” if you will on their true personality. Very cool observation

MM[/quote]

Like Iron Dwarf said I don’t even take aspirin, but I used to be a pretty heavy pot head. I always felt like I could see peoples true colors when high and I couldn’t just shut down and enjoy myself 'cause my wheels were too busy turning. In all honesty it probably had less to do with me being some intuitive genius who could scan peoples souls than just being a wasto who thought he could, ya know? Maybe not though as I’ve always thought I could “read” people pretty well anyway, so who knows…

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Blair witch was fucking terrible. I posted my thoughts and expriences with that in the other thread. This looks pretty cool though and I hit the website a couple of weeks ago to petition for it coming here.[/quote]

I disagree, I notice more people hate that movie if they saw it in the theater.

I saw this movie last night …

First a little background about me: I saw the Exorcist when I was 9. I thought it was cheesy and boring. I watched a Nightmare on Elm Street when I was about 9, too. I laughed.

This movie scared the shit outta me. Great scary movie … Skeeved me the fuck out. My girlfriend had a hard time falling asleep, she wanted to keep the tv in the bedroom on all night.

Go see it sober. Don’t see it tripping on shrooms … you’ll regret it.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:

Eh, weed does the same effect for me. For some reason I feel like I truly understand people’s underlying motives and it’s all I can think about.
[/quote]

Lol thats how it kinda is for me. Except I see people in a good light. Like if someone makes a rude remark I feel like they have some type of insecurity and trying to compensate for it. So I kinda feel bad for them.

Idk on weed I see everything in a bright holy light, lmao.

Never done anything besides weed so idk about shrooms or acid.

Oh and about the movie… (duh)

It was scary defiantly but people in our theater really ruined it. Fucking people could not stfu. When things were about to happen people would start yelling things out “that bitch is gonna get it” and dumb shit like that, and dick eaters would laugh and just kill the whole mood of the movie. And this went carried on for most of the movie.

Plus there was these 2 girls sitting behind us that kept whispering to each other the whole fucking movie. I wanted to turn around and punch them in there fucking snobby faces.

Me and my friend thought it was good and scary but we were pissed the whole movie lol.