Pants No Longer Fit

Well, my pants no longer fit. It’s not that I’ve gotten fat around the waist or anything, but I can hardly pull them over my legs anymore! WTF!?! I’ve gained about 15 lbs of muscle over the past few months and it seems like its all been in the legs! What do I do?

If I go up a pant size I look like a white rapper and if I stay where I am now I’m going to rip a seam!

Any advice?

Shut up and buy bigger pants.

And get a better rap tag.

1st: Get used to it.
2nd: Go shopping and try on lots of different brands. You’ll find some are cut larger in the thigh for a given waist size.

3rd: If your talking about your jeans, they will stretch out a bit. You may have to put them on half dry and walk funny until they do, but they will eventually customize themselves to you.

You may have the same problem with shirts too. They are all cut for fatties these days. It’s almost impossible to find shirts that fit around the shoulders and chest which don’t have too much material at the waist.

And suits?!? Fuggetaboutit! You will need custom tailor-made items.

On the bright side: When you get the proper clothes… You’ll look damn good wearing them.

Feels good don’t it?
Got the stretch marks on your legs yet?

Cherish the moment. Time to shop the thrift store for some Zubaz.

Unfortunately, yea I do. I have a wicked couple of stretch marks on my inner thighs. It sucks any way to get rid of them or am I fucked.

[quote]SBT wrote:
Cherish the moment. Time to shop the thrift store for some Zubaz.[/quote]

haha… Zubaz with a fanny pack and some Otomix

[quote]chillpzico wrote:
Well, my pants no longer fit. It’s not that I’ve gotten fat around the waist or anything, but I can hardly pull them over my legs anymore! WTF!?! I’ve gained about 15 lbs of muscle over the past few months and it seems like its all been in the legs! What do I do?

If I go up a pant size I look like a white rapper and if I stay where I am now I’m going to rip a seam!

Any advice?[/quote]

Buy Some bigger pants. DUHHH :X

:slight_smile:

I have the same problem, and now it’s going to cost me more for new pants then for my gym membership and food.

Curse you T-Nation and your “Squats and Milk”

enjoy the chafing and ingrowing leg hairs…

Buy a belt, pants problem fixed.

My problem is with shirts, especially t-shirts. In order for me to not look like i’m wearing little kids clothes, i need to wear XXL. unfortunately, i could clothe the homeless with the wasted material around the waist. I usually look rediculous, but I refuse to tuck t-shirts.

ya my inner thighs started rubbing against eachother… i really like the under-armor ‘under-wear’ type stuff… its tight all the way to mid-thigh and i just wear shorts that are a few inches longer

[quote]ShaneM686 wrote:
ya my inner thighs started rubbing against eachother… i really like the under-armor ‘under-wear’ type stuff… its tight all the way to mid-thigh and i just wear shorts that are a few inches longer[/quote]

Yes I have this problem too. My legs are not strong, but they get big as hell. I was working on getting them strong and they just exploded. It out shines my upperbody. I am give quad work a rest for a month I think. Maybe I can walk normal again. Does anybody make exra long boxer breifs? My keep crawling up my legs.

[quote]chillpzico wrote:

Any advice?[/quote]

Buying pants in a size that actually fits makes you look like a rapper who happens to be caucasian?

I feel your pain. It’s a good sort of aggravation though :smiley: It lets you know that you’re doing something right in regard to training. :stuck_out_tongue: Seems like my ass is way too big for pants that are perfect for my waist. . . I have to jump up a few inches from a 36, which fits my waist, to compensate for it.

Deadlifts are responsible methinks :stuck_out_tongue:

If you get nicer pants they usually come with extra material that allows them to be let out easily. Keep that in mind when you shop.

[quote]Flow wrote:
I feel your pain. It’s a good sort of aggravation though :smiley: It lets you know that you’re doing something right in regard to training. :stuck_out_tongue: Seems like my ass is way too big for pants that are perfect for my waist. . . I have to jump up a few inches from a 36, which fits my waist, to compensate for it.

Deadlifts are responsible methinks :P[/quote]

Same thing is going on with me. My waist size is 32 so I went to the store to get some shorts that were 32 bought them but didn’t try them on at the store I couldn’t get them half way up my leg. So I retured them for 34’s and they are still tight on my ass!! My deadlift and squat are going up though!

[quote]Professor X wrote:
chillpzico wrote:

Any advice?

Buying pants in a size that actually fits makes you look like a rapper who happens to be caucasian?

[/quote]

Follow the logic in his post. It is ok to read between the lines.

1. His pants are too tight for his legs.

2. going up a size to fit his legs makes his waist too loose.

3. His pants sag because of it.

4. Rappers are notorious for sagging pants.

5. We can assume he is white.

6. He would look like a white rapper.

Now I know that took six steps to process, but they should be a fairly easy six steps.

be smarter.

anyways, try a baggy fit. the waist should stay the same, but the baggy legs should give you room.

[quote]texasguy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
chillpzico wrote:

Any advice?

3. His pants sag because of it.

4. Rappers are notorious for sagging pants.

5. We can assume he is white.

6. He would look like a white rapper.

Now I know that took six steps to process, but they should be a fairly easy six steps.

be smarter.

anyways, try a baggy fit. the waist should stay the same, but the baggy legs should give you room. [/quote]

This won’t end well.

[quote]texasguy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
chillpzico wrote:

Any advice?

3. His pants sag because of it.[/quote]

I was going to suggest a belt right around here, but that would be absolutely ridiculous.

[quote]4. Rappers are notorious for sagging pants.

1. We can assume he is white.

2. He would look like a white rapper.

be smarter.

anyways, try a baggy fit. the waist should stay the same, but the baggy legs should give you room.
[/quote]