Pano's Peepshow

Wednesday 20th of July:

BW: 128.0 Kg

Notes: Slept like absolute shit. Weight is moving down, so I like that

Thursday 21st of july:

BW: 126.8
kcal: 2900, but like 300 of them are protein so I hope that counts

Notes: drank 3 beers yesterday and ate some chocolate. Beats me but I am lighter. Maybe sweat because of the extreme heat the last days.

Training:
1 round to warmup consisting of:

• 10 wide grip pull ups (with 64 kg of assistance)
  • 10 wider grip dips w/ slow eccentric and a bit of a pauze (als -64 kg)
  • 10 30kg goblet squats

Then I did 5 rounds of that in 16:02 minutes.

Leg curl with 36kg:
35 reps
25 reps
25 reps
(90s rest in between sets)

Crunch machine w/ 50kg:
(90s rest between sets)

Notes: I felt pretty shitty today because I had another night of bad sleep: first time this week the weather cools down at night, I lie next to someone who snores
I was really not feeling deadlift day because of the fatigue. Next to that couldn’t I pull my act together during the day and I was not going to let a deadlift-buzz kill THIS night of sleep.
So I opted for a kind of “extra” workout because I don’t think I will be able to train before Saturday.
I am happy I went to get some things in I slack too much on: anterior core work and kneeflexion stuff. And vertical pulling and dips haha.

1 Like

Friday 22nd of july:

BW: 127.1

Notes: Took a dump and 2x a wizz before I weighed myself. Nevertheless I am happy my BW is finally moving down a bit the last days. Tonight I have a party planned, so not the most optimal, but as long as the whole picture is a downwards trend in weight, I am fine.

1 Like

Monday 25th of july:

BW: 129.0 kg
kcal: 2700
steps: 9000

Notes: Had a fantastic weekend with lots of drinking and enjoying the warm weather. I slept elsewhere and ate a ton of rice and bread (where I usually don’t eat that many carbs). I am probably bloated with carbs to the max, so I expect to drop this in 2 days…but I will be drinking again on Wednesday hahaha.
I start with my new job on September 1st, so I hope that gives me back some rhythm and soberness back in my life. For now: the 531 cycles are happening slowly but steadily, and I am very slowly losing weight.

Training 531 bbb beefcake W2/D2

Deadlift
bar x 5
60kg x 5
80x5
100x5 (giantset began)
112.5x5
127.5x5 belt and chalk
145x1 and then 4 belt and straps (had to blast in the air tonight by phil collins to get the 4 other reps in)

bbb work
112.5x5 only chalk
112.5x5 belt and straps
112.5x5 belt and straps

Giant setted with:
10x 28kg kb swing
30 sec plank

Notes:
This workout was the definition of not having a good time. My lower back is not happy for a few months, and I don’t know why. I guess because of the imbalance I got by sitting in a certain way; I am addressing that at the moment.
Weights were barely moving. I took quite more rest than usual, and still, I couldn’t get any snap in the bar. Especially on the first few sets my back felt a bit trembly and was not in a good place to generate force. I cut this workout short by a long shot because I was just digging myself into a hole.
Reasons why I think this workout sucked:
For the first time in a while, I had to pull while standing on softer mats, instead of resting the barbell on hard mats. That made for a) less steady footing and b) a lower place to pull from. Since my TM is based on a different kind of deadlift, I was overshooting the weight.
Besides that, I have been sleeping pretty shitty for a week now, mostly because of the heat.

All in all, no reason to beat myself up too bad: I went to the gym and worked pretty hard. Bad days happen.

1 Like

Tuesday 26th of July:

BW: 128.3
steps: 5700
kcal: 2700

Training:

531 bbb beefcake W2/D3
OHP:
bar x 10
30kg x 5
40x5
45x5
52,5x5

bbb work: (done in 19 minutes)
40kg x4x10
35 x1x10

All giant setted with:
10x green band pull aparts (way thicker than I usually use)
10x 30kg db goblet squat

Then: as fast as possible 50 wide grip pullups with 64kg of assistance
reps were 5-3-2 (so 3 sets are 10 reps), and did that untill I reached 50 reps
Done in 10:06 minutes

100 seated leg curls with 23 kg (pretty much non stop)

Notes: This day went really well. I hit what I was planning to do on OHP: doing 4 sets of 10 with 40kg. I even did the last set with 35 instead of the planned 32.5. 5x10 with 40kg is coming up. Pull-ups are slowly increasing and hitting my lats like crazy. Very stoked with the idea to do BW pullups.
Since I didn’t do the deadlifts I was supposed to do yesterday, I attacked my hamstrings. Next to that incident have I been reading into strengthening tendons and increasing bloodflow with ultrahigh reps. And my hammies really need to come up!

1 Like

Wednesday 27th of July

BW: 126.4

1 Like

Tuesday 23th of August:

I dropped off for a while while I was out of the country for most of the time. I didn’t workout but walked close to 20.000 steps most days for what that is worth. Ate like a pig and decided not to bother staying lean: these were the last days of my student life and spending it stressing wasn’t in the books for me. Yesterday I heard I failed the first try on my thesis, and I have to fix some things to pass it. Sucks, because I start working 1st of September, but hell: I probably got THE only job that is fine if my thesis is passed a few weeks later. Overall not ideal when trying to get into the rhytm, but I decided not to stress it, roll with the punches and just keep rolling ahead.

My ‘plans’ have been all over the place, but I believe I have planned the rest of the year in terms of body composition: from this week onwards I will be cutting harder. Tomorrow I will weigh myself, and I am guessing my weight will be around 130-135 KG. I really hope the lower end of that… Before January 1st 2023 I will have cut to 115 KG or below. That means I have to cut around 1KG per week for the next 17 weeks. I know I will have some parties in that period, so this will take some planning.
BTW: pictures will be taken daily, just as weighing myself. I am not sure if I feel comfortable posting the pics tho.

From there on I will ‘gaintain’ for a few months to give myself a break from dieting and focus some more on building muscle so I will have a realistic cut for the summer of 2023.

For the programming: I am on the fence. I would really like to run a more conjugate program, like WS4SB of Westside for fat bastards. I am just not sure if I can hit as many different variations of movements as needed.

Training today:

Wenning warmup (circuit of 25x4 of the following):
face pull with 7kg
tricep pushdown with 12 kg (last set 10kg)
db ohp with 4 kg
Done in 12 minutes

Flat bench
bar x 5
30kg x 1
50x3
60x3 (2 min rest)
70x3 (2 min rest)
75x5 (2 min rest)

Back off sets @ 60kg (80%)
13, 10, 8 (all 2 min rest)

In 10 minutes I did:
9 rounds of
5 pull ups (at station BW-73kg, all different grips)
5 dips
And 9 pull ups to end

Notes:
Not a very hard workout, apart from the trouble I had with the wenning warmups: those suckers sure take it out of your muscles. For the rest easing back in: had no safety pins so went for conservative reps/weight on the bench.

1 Like

Wednesday 24th of august

Bw: 129.3 (lighter than expected, so great!)
Kcal:2550
Protein: 273

Steps: 15500

1 Like

congrats

1 Like

@throwawayfitness thanks, after 3 weeks of eating like a jackass this wasnt that bad.

1 Like

Thursday 25th of August:

Bw: 127.8
kcal: 2500, Protein: around 250g
steps: 6700

Notes: I hope that what I hoped for is happening: the vacation weight was mostly bloat from consuming a ton of carbs, salt and alcohol. Doubt that is the whole story because I ate a lot, but a man can dream.

Training:

Deadlift:
bar x 13
70kg x 5
80 x 5
100 x 5
110 x 5(up to this point very fast, 10 minutes I guess)
120x5 with belt
130 x 4 grip got wonky
140 x 3 with straps, decided not to push too hard first time in a month DLing
110 x 5,4,3,2,1 (short rest periods)

Max back extentions with a bit of glute focus in 5 minutes
77 reps, with fingers on glasses

ab machine crunch
36 kg x 30
43kg x 15
43 x 15

Divergent seated row
350 method (paul carters idea) with 32 kg
did 20, 18 and 12 reps, so the target is hit

Seated leg curl machine
27kg for 100 reps with mini pauses a few times

Notes:
DL felt heavy, but was truly off the floor and not of rubber tiles. I decided not to push too hard because 1) im in a deficit 2) I didn’t train for 3 weeks.
I am still pretty sore because of the upper body workout, a sign I haven’t trained for a while.

Lastly, I started adding creatine today (a bit more than 10 MG to kickstart the process) and ate some salty nuts. Chances are I am a bit heavier tomorrow because of the water retention.

1 Like

BW: 127.2
Steps: 6000 (to sleepy to get moving, slept really early)
Kcal: 2500
protein: 300 gram

Notes: Still dropping fast. Really enjoying this for as long as it lasts.

1 Like

BW: 126.5 KG

Kcal: 2700
Protein: 275g
Steps:8600 and couting

Notes:
I am dropping weight insanly fast. I am guessing my glycogen stores are depleting (the bloat is dropping) because I switched from a eating a ton of carbs on vacation (beer, soft drinks, pizza, etc) to a diet with way less carbs. Still, I am eating very well over 100 grams of carbs a day, I guess close 150g. That’s way off from keto.

Anyway, I am lighter than I was before my vacation, so that is cool. Now keep pushing hard in the gym to keep the muscle on.

1 Like

BW: 126.1
steps: 5500 (mostly biking as usual since I am Dutch. Feels more exhausting than walking this little steps)
kcal: around 2200 I guess (ate with friends)
protein: around 200g

Notes:
I am working all day to get my thesis done, so I don’t have time for the gym.
Weight is still coming down fast. I am quite surprised. I hope I don’t lose too much muscle and strength (I will train way harder when my thesis is done). My goals of getting under 115 for january 1st will be very easy with this pace, but I have to knock on wood.

1 Like

Bw: 126.2
kcal: 2200
steps: 8500

1 Like

BW: 124.5
kcals: 2400
Steps: 5500

Notes: weight is really coming down fast. Elbows bothers me since last training session.
When this thesis bullshit is done I really need to get consistent with lifting. Weightloss this rapid is bound to take quite some strength and muscle away

Not my most active day. This thesis shit is killing me.

1 Like

BW: 124.3
kcal: aroun 2700

Notes: The drop keeps up the pace

1 Like

you sent me down a ssb rabbit hole.

the one I have has short handles and the padded area is small.

Gopher-Safety-Squat-Bar-Gopher-Performance

You may have seen others using this rogue or something similar.

SB-1-Rogue-Safety-Squat-Bar-Fully-Welded-Made-in-the-USA-Rogue-USA

I would like to try a marrs bar before I replace the one I have with the rogue. you wear it like a back pack

@atlas13

1 Like

@throwawayfitness aha, now I see!

I would love to have one of rogue, seems like a great way to build the upper back

1 Like

Thursday September 1st:

BW: 124.5

1 Like