Panic Attacks After Injections Again

I mean if you have to take the fiber with that much water fine but Id try to minimize the zinc and mag water. Or can you take it with the fiber OR an hour before bed? Youd probably pee out some right before bed if you did that.

Ok. I was trying to research if I can take the supps with the fiber tabs but could not really find an answer.
I actually stopped taking the probiotics cause I figured out I was getting bloating mostly from constipation and cheese and probably other diary. And the fiber tabs did the trick . I take in morning and after dinner and again 1-2 after dinner. And I crap nice every morning.

The probiotics worked to but I think the fiber is more natural. Then I read about that report that we may get too much bacteria in gut which could be a problem.

Thanks man. Have a good evening.

1 Like

Kimchi, sauerkraut, kefir, repeat :smiley: And lots of salads.

This second time around with TRT I was definitely hesitant. I took my first shot and I felt just fine until a couple hours later, same with the one I took today.

I withdrew from test cold turkey this year because my urologist said I’d only experience “some irritability, maybe some fatigue.” He couldn’t have undersold the experience more, I felt like I was dying, still do some days.

I’m trying to tell myself to trust the process now that I feel I have more competent, up-to-date doctors. There’s a part of me that fears failing on TRT again. I’ve got a kid coming next April and I just want to feel like a functional human being again for the baby.

1 Like

I feel ya. Maybe its some residual anxiety and maybe its your adrenaline being pumped up.
What’s your protocol?

Definitely feels like adrenaline. It doesn’t start with thoughts or apprehension, it goes straight to my heart going over 100 bpm resting, then comes the panic.

Last two shots were 30mg EOD, reported symptoms to Defy who said to lower to 20mg EOD. I also have anastrozole standing by in case my estradiol goes up again as it did during my first round of TRT.

What helped you overcome these symptoms? Was it just time?

I actually lowered my dose to 50mg a week, until I felt like I could manage an increase. Then I slowly increased up to 60 a week, then 80, now im at 90-100 a week.

I knew it was my adrenaline. I was riding my bike and I almost fell and I had this SURGE of adrenaline, and my kidneys hurt. Felt like a normal adrenaline surge but WAY more intense, and again, my kidneys felt strange.

I think maybe just lowering the dose until the symptoms subside.

1 Like

This sounds like what I experience. An intense pulse of adrenaline leading to an icy feeling going through my body and my heart starts blasting. If I try to exercise in those moments I can’t get my heartrate below 130 for an hour afterward.

You are describing what happens when my estrogen spikes, I’m certain of it. High estrogen can wreak havoc on blood pressure and heart rates from water retention. When my estrogen is high after lifting weights it seems like my heart will not come down until much later in the day.

The difference between working with an incompetent doctor and a expert is night and day, because if the incompetent doctor doesn’t know what to do, you quit TRT.

This is actually pretty common.

Symptoms always happen a few hours after the shot. Doesn’t sound like its e2 related.

Are you having other sypmtoms? @jpt365

Yes, your symptoms sound very familiar. My blood pressure goes all over the place too.

Well there’s the heart rate jump, sweating, racing thoughts, feeling dizzy and like I’m about to pass out on occasion.

As far as E2 related symptoms. Emotional? Limp Dick?

Definitely emotional, feel like crying and whatnot at random moments, it’s really disturbing stuff haha.

I’ve actually (luckily) never had libido or erection issues. I had a week during my TRT withdrawal when my libido went away completely, but it came back. I felt like shit for years and never looked at my hormones because mainstream low-test info would have you believe your libido would be non-existent if you did indeed have low-T.

Again, I think its adrenaline. Its pretty common. Just take it easy for a few weeks. Inject less if you have to.

You could also inject less and see if it affects the severity of the panic attack after.

Thanks for your input @anon10035199. I thought it might have been a fluke earlier in the week but I’m now experiencing insomnia as you described early in this thread.

Tuesday - woke at 4AM, couldn’t get back to sleep.
Wednesday - woke at 3:30AM, same thing.
Thursday - Woke up about every hour all night.
Last night - Woke up multiple times.

I feel exhausted but I cannot shut down for sleep again once I wake up. Also feel a constant “buzz” of energy throughout my body. Seems like it spontaneously resolved for you?

Maybe a stupid question, but just to cover all bases here…

Have you ruled out all other possibilities for your anxiety? It’s normal to see it ramp up during stressful situations, and putting a needle into your body is definitely a stressful situation, but it seems like you may be hypersensitive to those moments. Have you taken any other supplements or ate any foods, or taken any drugs (prescription or recreational), or experienced any recent trauma that could be contributing to this elevation in adrenaline surge during stress?

Not a stupid question at all. I had baseline anxiety before my first round of TRT, it was pretty controllable though. For 6 months on my first try with TRT anxiety was all but eliminated, but then came the panic attacks which were probably brought on by untreated high E2.

I’ve worked in mental health for a decade and I’m definitely familiar with anxiety. I use CBT and it works really well for my “mental” anxiety, but not for this newer physically sourced anxiety. They feel much different from each other.

I also haven’t had any major trauma lately and I don’t experiment with any drugs (haven’t even had a drink in months.

Good deal man. So it sounds like you have some history of anxiety and that just seems to be manifesting in more physical ways now on this round of TRT?

Are you taking the same kind of Test that you tried before?

Also, the lack of sleep can DEFINITELY amplify all of those anxiety responses. I am not medically qualified so to speak, so you probably know better than I do, but you could try taking a couple of otc Benadryl before bedtime for a few nights along with melatonin to try to get the sleep thing under control. You may even need to get tested for sleep apnea. Sleep issues can cause huge swings in anxiety responses and it is documented that TRT can worsen sleep apnea.

The bad part of that is that sometimes with mild cases of apnea, you don’t even realize that you are not resting at night because you don’t wake yourself completely up, but you never really fully go to sleep. The only way most people even put two and two together is because they find that no matter how long they sleep, they still feel like crap every day and never wake up feeling “refreshed”.

Just something to consider.

1 Like

Yes, definitely more physically manifested. I know the lack of sleep isn’t helping things.

I’m taking test cypionate which is the same form I took before.

I was prescribed hydroxizine (old school antihistamine) for sleep during my cold-turkey testosterone withdrawal. I’ve been taking it again since the sleep issues started, doesn’t help like it used to. I have to be careful with extra antihistamines for this reason plus the claritin/Flonase I take daily for allergies. Melatonin used to work wonders for me before TRT but now it doesn’t do anything but make me groggy the following day.

I am considering a sleep study to rule out sleep apnea. I only snore when I’m extremely tired and my wife hasn’t noted any issues with my breathing at night (doctor asked this before). But I know sleep apnea could still be present without these symptoms.