Palumboism - Causes and Case Studies

That is so messed up.

Are those calves real? The turtle shell is tight.

I was at the I.S.S.N. conference a week ago, and there was a DPT presenting there whose preactice is on Long Island. He’s well known in certain circles as the guy who rehabbed Dave Palumbo,'s leg, only to have it retear and need a second surgery a short time later.

Anyway, in his video presentation, he showed a clip of him working on a patient, and as one of the very few number of bodybuilders in attendance, I knew immediately it was Dave Palumbo on the video screen even though his head wasn’t visible. A very bloated body laying on a table, with limbs that while vascular and still looking what some fanboys term “conditioned” appeared to have withered away horribly.

S

Not sure if shopped, but if not, DAMN!

Who’s the guy with the goatee?

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
Who’s the guy with the goatee?[/quote]

Hany Salib.

I’m just posting this for some visual relief. LOL
I think Cedric has the most beautiful physique in the world right now. Well, MALE physique, that is. Nothing beats the female form, though.

I think Rhoden’s about the most aesthetic dude on the Olympia stage these days

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
the general consensus seems to be that it’s more to do with high doses of growth, slin and the various peptides than the actual AAS[/quote]

This.

I also seriously doubt that 2-3 total grams of gear per week was really in the ballpark of what he took when he was blasting. Double that amount would be more likely. Something in the 4-6 range. There are those who ‘cruise’ on a gram or more of gear. 2-3g would be at the low end of the spectrum in terms of pro bodybuilders.[/quote]

First I will start with a compliment: you look awesome and I see you have made tremendous gains.

Next: that is pretty scary considering a medicinal dose of T per week is 100 to 120 mg. I have been on TRT for over twelve years and on two occasions my levels went supraphysiological (~1500 ng/dl) and medicine had to be adjusted. I did not feel right. I can’t imagine how some of these guys feel with insane levels acquired from that abuse. [/quote]

I have been tested and was at over 4900 ng/dl. And I wasn’t taking crazy doses. So, I can’t imagine what these guys are sitting at. Their blood must be akin to thick syrup.

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
the general consensus seems to be that it’s more to do with high doses of growth, slin and the various peptides than the actual AAS[/quote]

This.

I also seriously doubt that 2-3 total grams of gear per week was really in the ballpark of what he took when he was blasting. Double that amount would be more likely. Something in the 4-6 range. There are those who ‘cruise’ on a gram or more of gear. 2-3g would be at the low end of the spectrum in terms of pro bodybuilders.[/quote]

First I will start with a compliment: you look awesome and I see you have made tremendous gains.

Next: that is pretty scary considering a medicinal dose of T per week is 100 to 120 mg. I have been on TRT for over twelve years and on two occasions my levels went supraphysiological (~1500 ng/dl) and medicine had to be adjusted. I did not feel right. I can’t imagine how some of these guys feel with insane levels acquired from that abuse. [/quote]

I have been tested and was at over 4900 ng/dl. And I wasn’t taking crazy doses. So, I can’t imagine what these guys are sitting at. Their blood must be akin to thick syrup.[/quote]

How did you feel at 4900? I think I would have severe emotional problems if I was that high, judging how I felt at 1500. I would not be a good candidate for AAS.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

This.

I have been tested and was at over 4900 ng/dl. And I wasn’t taking crazy doses. So, I can’t imagine what these guys are sitting at. Their blood must be akin to thick syrup.[/quote]

How did you feel at 4900? I think I would have severe emotional problems if I was that high, judging how I felt at 1500. I would not be a good candidate for AAS. [/quote]

I honestly felt good. I have never gotten the anxiety or emotional issues that many report from higher concentrations. I personally know a few guys who on higher doses have to take Xanax or some form of painkiller just to sleep.

I sweated a lot more, but that was the worst of it for me.

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I think Rhoden’s about the most aesthetic dude on the Olympia stage these days[/quote]

Indeed. But he’s a tad bottom-heavy, and I’m not sure how much improvement he can make in the next few years. I think Cedric has the kind of classic Herculean physique of the tall past greats, and he really hasn’t gone full-on in his career yet (Army and family are his priorities).

I think a shredded and dry Cedric could take out everyone.

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I think Rhoden’s about the most aesthetic dude on the Olympia stage these days[/quote]

Indeed. But he’s a tad bottom-heavy, and I’m not sure how much improvement he can make in the next few years. I think Cedric has the kind of classic Herculean physique of the tall past greats, and he really hasn’t gone full-on in his career yet (Army and family are his priorities).

I think a shredded and dry Cedric could take out everyone. [/quote]

I think Ced looks better when standing next to a lot of the guys because of his height. He is aesthetic and the hieght gives him a bump to makes him not look small. Where a shorter guy would have to get proportionally larger (and maybe damage aesthetics) to not appear small when standing next to others.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

I think a shredded and dry Cedric could take out everyone. [/quote]

I think Ced looks better when standing next to a lot of the guys because of his height. He is aesthetic and the hieght gives him a bump to makes him not look small. Where a shorter guy would have to get proportionally larger (and maybe damage aesthetics) to not appear small when standing next to others.[/quote]

Ced could do some damage if (when?) he finally nails his conditioning.

Agreed about Rhoden, if he brings his back up a bit he could be a contender, but I don’t see him ever winning an O. I just like his physique best.

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

This.

How did you feel at 4900? I think I would have severe emotional problems if I was that high, judging how I felt at 1500. I would not be a good candidate for AAS. [/quote]

I honestly felt good. I have never gotten the anxiety or emotional issues that many report from higher concentrations. I personally know a few guys who on higher doses have to take Xanax or some form of painkiller just to sleep.

I sweated a lot more, but that was the worst of it for me.[/quote]

This is basically my experience. Only side I have is overheating, and that’s probably related to the facts that I’m sort of predisposed to that anyway, and that my wife won’t let me turn on the fan at night, lol. I’m running 1g of test/week, which puts my current level in the range we’re talking about.

I am in no way predisposed to anger issues or being an emotional wreck. Most people consider me excessively patient. So I believe that’s a big reason why I respond well, as far as personality goes.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

This.

This is basically my experience. Only side I have is overheating, and that’s probably related to the facts that I’m sort of predisposed to that anyway, and that my wife won’t let me turn on the fan at night, lol. I’m running 1g of test/week, which puts my current level in the range we’re talking about.

I am in no way predisposed to anger issues or being an emotional wreck. Most people consider me excessively patient. So I believe that’s a big reason why I respond well, as far as personality goes.[/quote]

I am the same way. I am pretty laid back in general.

I can understand pushing extreme doses, if I were a pro trying to win money and advance my career, powerlifter trying to break records etc… But, for my purposes I get plenty of size off less.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

This.

I am in no way predisposed to anger issues or being an emotional wreck. Most people consider me excessively patient. So I believe that’s a big reason why I respond well, as far as personality goes.[/quote]

a gram! You’re an animal these days

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

This.

a gram! You’re an animal these days[/quote]

A gram these days is a drop in the bucket.