Palin Smear Job

Don’t know if this has been posted. Probably has.

I’m still no fan of Palin and think she’d be a bad leader. But you really can’t deny that Gibson and NBC’s ‘editing’ did a smear job on her:

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2008/09/13/abc-news-edited-out-key-parts-sarah-palin-interview

The media abandoned the last vestiges of honor, integrity, and professionalism they still had remaining, this election cycle.

Edit: Though I never cared for Palin (or even McCain) the skewed reporting was blantant.

Wow man. Who can you trust nowadays to deliver the real news?

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Wow man. Who can you trust nowadays to deliver the real news?[/quote]

Jon Steward?

Journalism died in 2008. RIP.

I dunno…some of the edited responses don’t really add anything to what she’s already said, and some of the stuff they took out would’ve made her sound even more incoherent than the edited version. It’s not like they portrayed her as French, just babbling.

[quote]orion wrote:
skaz05 wrote:

Jon Steward?

[/quote]

Don’t forget Colbert!

?So much for Objective Journalism. Don?t bother to look for it here ? not under any byline of mine; or anyone else I can think of. With the possible exception of things like box scores, race results, and stock market tabulations, there is no such thing as Objective Journalism. The phrase itself is a pompous contradiction in terms.? - Hunter S. Thompson

That being said. Yah, MSNBC did smear palin. But they smear people satirically. They don’t smear people and call it news. What was most disgusting was the way fox went after palin after McCain lost. That had Karl Rove written all over it.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
orion wrote:
skaz05 wrote:

Jon Steward?

Don’t forget Colbert![/quote]

the onion

“Doing a smear job on Palin”.

That’s dirty.

Just as an addendum to the point of the death of objective media coverage, an Ohio bureaucrat (an Obama supporter) has been put on a month’s unpaid leave for allowing all the snooping into “Joe the Plumber’s” past.

http://www.rotundacollection.com/DesktopDefaultPublic.aspx?type=hns&id=177974

In sum:

1. The media’s Obama defensive

2. The media’s Palin offensive (also note the NYT admitting they really didn’t cover the VPs fairly…after the election)

3. The media’s offensive against Joe the Plumber.

A sad season for what is supposed to be one of the great institutions of a free society.

[i]“I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast.” - W. T. Sherman

LOL, I see the flat earth society members are still grousing.

Keep looking for excuses instead of trying to figure out the problems with the message itself… seriously, it’s awesome.

[quote]vroom wrote:

Keep looking for excuses instead of trying to figure out the problems with the message itself… seriously, it’s awesome.[/quote]

I reviewed the thread - who are the “flat earthers” that are “grousing” with the media being an “excuse”?

Did anyone see Palin’s turkey fiasco?

She’s a fucking train wreck. It’s fabulous.

Hey Palin, pardon that turkey right there, behind you!!!

Oh wait. It’s dead. That guy with the smile on his face 6 feet behind you is now stuffing it into that cone shaped contraption. Keep talking about how the media will probably criticize you for this.

LOL!

[quote]vroom wrote:

Keep looking for excuses instead of trying to figure out the problems with the message itself… seriously, it’s awesome.[/quote]

Uh, Pew research has already shown how badly slanted the media coverage was for Obama. And this editing job, which doesn’t do Palin any favors is just part of it.

Look, I’m sorry, but your response doesn’t work here. There really isn’t any dispute that the media loaded on positive coverage for Obama, and negative coverage for McCain/Palin. There just isn’t man. So, what’s with your response?

[quote]MeinHerzBrennt wrote:
Did anyone see Palin’s turkey fiasco?

LOL![/quote]

Honestly I don’t see what the big deal is. It’s a turkey farm. What do people think goes on at a turkey farm? Did I miss something?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
The media abandoned the last vestiges of honor, integrity, and professionalism they still had remaining, this election cycle.

Edit: Though I never cared for Palin (or even McCain) the skewed reporting was blantant. [/quote]

Agree on both counts. Almost serves McCain right though, after a decade or two of sucking up to the press (“my base”), playing to them, and then being dropped like a bad habit when the next big thing came along.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
As I’ve said on prior occasions, someone should write a book: “How The Meida Elected Obama To The Presidency”
[/quote]

George W. Bush did more to elect Obama than the media did.