Palin: Bureaucratization of Health Care

Wait a minute… I thought the “pig” was too fucking dumb to count to ten, how on Earth did she manage to write a pretty decent opinion piece in the journal?

I’ll call bullshit.

No fucking way she wrote that herself.

She isn’t dumb.

Depends on your definition of dumb, I guess.

Either way, that isn’t her writing in that WSJ article.

[quote]tme wrote:

[/quote]

First of all the Wall Street Journal is one of the most respected news papers in the WORLD.

Secondly, do you really believe that they would publish that KNOWING full well there are skeptics out there who will try to disprove Palin wrote that who are more resourceful than a guy who posts on a body building website if it wasn’t legitimate?

That’s fine if you don’t believe that she wrote it, I do for the two reasons I posted on top of a few more…but you posting your opinion and ONLY your opinion without anything to back it up is annoying and baseless. If you don’t have anything of substance to add to a thread please refrain from polluting it…start posting in GAL, that’s what it’s there for.

God Damn where’s Irish when you need him … at least he posts with facts or not at all. Even borrek is better than this guy

[quote]tme wrote:

[/quote]

derr… ok…

link to your proof?

My sister worked behind the scenes in the newsroom for the WSJ for 3.5 years after college. There’s ABSOLUTELY no way they would publish something from a ghost writer and try to pass it off. BTW, sis is a staunch lib, and she still says there’s no way.

Palins far from dumb, just not that seasoned in front of the camera. I think that’s a good thing. It’s good to see real people occasionally.

[quote]denv23 wrote:
My sister worked behind the scenes in the newsroom for the WSJ for 3.5 years after college. There’s ABSOLUTELY no way they would publish something from a ghost writer and try to pass it off. BTW, sis is a staunch lib, and she still says there’s no way.

Palins far from dumb, just not that seasoned in front of the camera. I think that’s a good thing. It’s good to see real people occasionally. [/quote]

I agree, there’s no way they would KNOWINGLY publish something from a ghost writer and try to pass it off. But Palin has her own version of the “truth”, and would have no problem at all passing a ghost written article off as her own work.

That WSJ article was too well written, logically structured and grammatically correct to have been written by the undereducated and semi-literate Sarah Palin. Maybe she wrote it and an editor “cleaned it up” with a near complete rewrite, but what they published was not the final product of Sarah Palin.

[quote]tme wrote:
denv23 wrote:

Palins far from dumb, just not that seasoned in front of the camera. I think that’s a good thing. It’s good to see real people occasionally.

I agree, there’s no way they would KNOWINGLY publish something from a ghost writer and try to pass it off. But Palin has her own version of the “truth”, and would have no problem at all passing a ghost written article off as her own work.

That WSJ article was too well written, logically structured and grammatically correct to have been written by the undereducated and semi-literate Sarah Palin. Maybe she wrote it and an editor “cleaned it up” with a near complete rewrite, but what they published was not the final product of Sarah Palin.
[/quote]

Provide proof.

[quote]tme wrote:
denv23 wrote:

[/quote]

Waht were you her friggin comp teacher in college or something? Again, provide proof.

What the hell is wrong with you all? Who cares if she got some help with the writing? Most people will have a colleague or friend look at writing before the publish it.

I have no idea if she got help with the writing or not. I do know there is absolutely nothing whatsoever wrong if she did get some help. Let’s talk about her ideas, shall we?

With that in mind, I scanned the article to see what HER proposals were. My initial reaction was to notice that this was such an attack piece. Only one paragraph with proposals, and absolutely no defense of them. That’s one paragraph of proposals, 16 paragraphs of attacks. What is she trying to do here? Is she trying to solve the problems? Or is she just trying to stop any progress whatsoever in the hopes of political gains?

Here is the paragraph:

[i]Instead of poll-driven “solutions,” let’s talk about real health-care reform: market-oriented, patient-centered, and result-driven. As the Cato Institute’s Michael Cannon and others have argued, such policies include giving all individuals the same tax benefits received by those who get coverage through their employers; providing Medicare recipients with vouchers that allow them to purchase their own coverage; reforming tort laws to potentially save billions each year in wasteful spending; and changing costly state regulations to allow people to buy insurance across state lines. Rather than another top-down government plan, let’s give Americans control over their own health care.

Democrats have never seriously considered such ideas, instead rushing through their own controversial proposals.[/i]

In short, 1) a tax cut, 2) vouchers for medicare, 3) Reforming tort law, 4) capacity to purchase insurance across state lines. Now, she is being disingenuous to state that democrats have never seriously considered these ideas. This is obvious, because Obama himself fully agrees with #3. Personally I think #1 and #4 should be looked at as well, and I hope that republicans will work with democrats to help this to occur. My initial reaction is to disagree with #2. I’d need someone to explain to me how removing people from the risk pool would decrease costs. I’m willing to listen, but initially it sounds counter-intuitive.

The mistake that the Left can (and is) making is underestimating Palin.

She’s a Pitt Bull and sauuvy Politician who’s been burned in a fight.

As soon as she can get her Grandbaby Daddy to STFU…I think that she will be settling some Political scores.

Mufasa

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
What the hell is wrong with you all? Who cares if she got some help with the writing? Most people will have a colleague or friend look at writing before the publish it.

I have no idea if she got help with the writing or not. I do know there is absolutely nothing whatsoever wrong if she did get some help. Let’s talk about her ideas, shall we?

With that in mind, I scanned the article to see what HER proposals were. My initial reaction was to notice that this was such an attack piece. Only one paragraph with proposals, and absolutely no defense of them. That’s one paragraph of proposals, 16 paragraphs of attacks. What is she trying to do here? Is she trying to solve the problems? Or is she just trying to stop any progress whatsoever in the hopes of political gains?

Here is the paragraph:

[i]Instead of poll-driven “solutions,” let’s talk about real health-care reform: market-oriented, patient-centered, and result-driven. As the Cato Institute’s Michael Cannon and others have argued, such policies include giving all individuals the same tax benefits received by those who get coverage through their employers; providing Medicare recipients with vouchers that allow them to purchase their own coverage; reforming tort laws to potentially save billions each year in wasteful spending; and changing costly state regulations to allow people to buy insurance across state lines. Rather than another top-down government plan, let’s give Americans control over their own health care.

Democrats have never seriously considered such ideas, instead rushing through their own controversial proposals.[/i]

In short, 1) a tax cut, 2) vouchers for medicare, 3) Reforming tort law, 4) capacity to purchase insurance across state lines. Now, she is being disingenuous to state that democrats have never seriously considered these ideas. This is obvious, because Obama himself fully agrees with #3. Personally I think #1 and #4 should be looked at as well, and I hope that republicans will work with democrats to help this to occur. My initial reaction is to disagree with #2. I’d need someone to explain to me how removing people from the risk pool would decrease costs. I’m willing to listen, but initially it sounds counter-intuitive.

[/quote]

It iseth like zis:

If you believe that everybody should have enough to eat, the government should give out food stamps, not run farms and restaurants.

If they gives them health stamps government does not have to play businessman.

Aight?

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
The mistake that the Left can (and is) making is underestimating Palin.

She’s a Pitt Bull and sauuvy Politician who’s been burned in a fight.

As soon as she can get her Grandbaby Daddy to STFU…I think that she will be settling some Political scores.

Mufasa

[/quote]

Oh fuck!

She is a GILF!

That us just so incredibly wrong…

[quote]orion wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:

Here is the paragraph:

It iseth like zis:

If you believe that everybody should have enough to eat, the government should give out food stamps, not run farms and restaurants.

Aight?

[/quote]

hmmmm… but food stamps sure sound like redistribution to me… shouldn’t you be shouting about how the government should just get out of the redistribution business all together?

I’m sure your plan to completely eliminate medicare will work beautifully. No need to worry about intermediary steps or political realities. Just shout more ideology, that’ll work

:wink:

[quote]tme wrote:

That WSJ article was too well written, logically structured and grammatically correct to have been written…[/quote]

How would you know?

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
orion wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:

Here is the paragraph:

It iseth like zis:

Aight?

hmmmm… but food stamps sure sound like redistribution to me… shouldn’t you be shouting about how the government should just get out of the redistribution business all together?

I’m sure your plan to completely eliminate medicare will work beautifully. No need to worry about intermediary steps or political realities. Just shout more ideology, that’ll work

:wink:

[/quote]

It is me being all intermediary, cause it eliminates all state run hospitals and puts the market structures in place that would be needed should government paid medical insurance ever be abolished!

Aight?