Paleolithic Diet

I have been eating a modified Paleolithic Diet for and training consistently for 6 weeks now. Here is my progress:

Starting point: 12.68% body fat

6 week mark: 10.15% body fat , Lean mass increase 2.2 lbs , Weight loss 2.4 lbs

My training consisted of 2 whole body routines alternating with lactic acid training days. Overall I had 18 weight training days and 6 lactic ‘kill’ days over the 42 days. ( I missed 9 sessions due to injury).

The reason my diet is classified as modified Paleolithic is because I ate dairy (full fat organic yogurt, organic butter, organic cheese) some starches ( yams, red potatoes, brown rice ) and I had a cheat meal once per week when I ate pretty much anything.

Basically I am blown away with the progress I have made while changing my nutritional intake. In the past I have busted my ass for months with no body fat decrease. All this plus my energy and mood is through the roof. My protein intake was around .7 to .75 per / pound of body weight. I am not even really dieting. I am eating pretty much as much food as I can handle within the nutrtional guidelines. No calorie counting, just eating every couple hrs and eating good clean food. The only supplement I took was Ground Flax seed.

My next 6 weeks will focus on hypertrophy with a high intensity split training routine so I will post my results then. I am wondering if anyone else has tried this diet and had good results?

sounds like a whole foods diet.

[quote]consumer wrote:
sounds like a whole foods diet.[/quote]

I should clarify: I ate mostly Paleolithic foods but supplemented my diet with the dairy, starches and cheat meal as I mentioned. I didnt mean to suggest that eating those 3 groups consituted the Paleolithic diet.

Anyway I am wondering about others who have tried this and what kind of progress they have made - either bulking or cutting.

Sounds good.

How and how often do you measure your bodyfat%?

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
Sounds good.

How and how often do you measure your bodyfat%?[/quote]

Skin caliper testing from qualified practitioner measured 6 weeks apart.