T Nation

Paleo and Carbs or Screw It?

So I’m trying Paleo diet for the 4th day.
I get my carbs from veggies and sweet potatoes. I hit almost 150-200g of carbs a day from it.
Then I have about 300g of protein and 80-90g of fat.

I’m 5’10’ and 170 right now (After 4 days I have lost 2 pounds).

This is just a test for myself, because before that I ate dairy products and oats everyday.
I was thinking to do paleo 6 days, then have a normal/usual day for me to carb up.
At the moment, after 4 days, I already feel little headaches in the evening.
What would be your suggestions on such experiment? Or just f*** that and get back to normal diet with dairy and oats.

I have a psychological problem of being fat, so I’m trying to bulk as clean as possible…
So I was thinking of eating 2 weeks 500kcal over maintenance and 1 week 500kcal less then maintenance, to ying-yang my body fat.

Appreciate your help in advance.

[quote]artyi wrote:
So I’m trying Paleo diet for the 4th day.
I get my carbs from veggies and sweet potatoes. I hit almost 150-200g of carbs a day from it.
Then I have about 300g of protein and 80-90g of fat.

I’m 5’10’ and 170 right now (After 4 days I have lost 2 pounds).

This is just a test for myself, because before that I ate dairy products and oats everyday.
I was thinking to do paleo 6 days, then have a normal/usual day for me to carb up.
At the moment, after 4 days, I already feel little headaches in the evening.
What would be your suggestions on such experiment? Or just f*** that and get back to normal diet with dairy and oats.

I have a psychological problem of being fat, so I’m trying to bulk as clean as possible…
So I was thinking of eating 2 weeks 500kcal over maintenance and 1 week 500kcal less then maintenance, to ying-yang my body fat.

Appreciate your help in advance.[/quote]

I like the way you are thinking…proceed with the trial.

Paleo diet works great bro but always allow yourself a cheat day so your body can still remember how to get rid of those fatty foods:) Also it’s essential to make sure you have enough fat intake through nuts, fish oils, etc otherwise your metabolism is going to shit on you.

[quote]lmanzhead64 wrote:
Paleo diet works great bro but always allow yourself a cheat day so your body can still remember how to get rid of those fatty foods:) Also it’s essential to make sure you have enough fat intake through nuts, fish oils, etc otherwise your metabolism is going to shit on you.[/quote]

awesome stuff man, keep posting. Fascinating logic there about a cheat day to get rid of “fatty foods”, gotta love a body that remembers things

although your “conclusion” may be correct, your logic (^^as stated above) is fascinating.