Pale Skin

I know everyones gonna laugh, but ive noticed that I seem to look more unhealthy the more protein I consume.

My skin color loses its glow replaces for a white unhealthy look. Even despite lots of EFA’s and adequate sunshine.

Im not complaining about not being tan but a healthy skin color i think is related to absobtion.

Besides vitamin D, Efas, and enough fats, fruits and vegetables what else contributes to a healthy vibrant skin color?

Its almost as if the protein im eating is depleting something within my body.

HYDRATION!!!

[quote]Kill’Em All wrote:
I know everyones gonna laugh, but ive noticed that I seem to look more unhealthy the more protein I consume.

My skin color loses its glow replaces for a white unhealthy look. Even despite lots of EFA’s and adequate sunshine.

Im not complaining about not being tan but a healthy skin color i think is related to absobtion.

Besides vitamin D, Efas, and enough fats, fruits and vegetables what else contributes to a healthy vibrant skin color?

Its almost as if the protein im eating is depleting something within my body.[/quote]

Eat more fruits and vegetables then… I eat alot of protein and I haven’t ever noticed anything like that. I only notice that my skin loses its color after being out of the sun for long periods of time. Infact, on the AD I notice that my skin actually seems more vibrant… probably because of all the olive oil and flax oil i take in.

Where do you get your protein? You need l-tyrosine to tan, and that generally comes from eating red meat. If you get your protein from other sources, you might need l-tyrosine supplements (like maybe Power Drive? )

And then again, it IS December. Not much UV this time of year in the northern hemisphere.

i rotate my protein as much as possible, grass fed beef, eggs omega, Metabolic Drive, chicken.

I get at least3 pieces of LOW GI 3 fruits a day, plus two servings of vegetables. and 2 servings of green perfect food.

if I don’t get that minimal amount of fruits and vegetables my liver suffers, I swear I can see my pallor turn a slight orang yellowish color.

Its weird my body does not process protein the way it used to I used to be able to eat 3 to 400g a day and thrive if I do that now my body slows down and I feel sluggish and unhealthy.NOw I can get no more than 250 g a day mostly in 220 range.

[quote]Phill wrote:
HYDRATION!!![/quote]

really hydration could you elaborate?

Phill wrote:
HYDRATION!!!

really hydration could you elaborate?[/quote]

Yes drink fluids if your not getting enough water then your skin will suffer and the rest of you. With the higher protein intake well you need more. That and your electorlytes to go alnog with it. Potassium, sodium.

Phill

Phill wrote:
HYDRATION!!!

really hydration could you elaborate?[/quote]

The symptoms you described are consisten with de-hydration. Simple as that. Plus the more protein you take in the more water you should drink.