Pakistani Mosque Siege

Well, color me impressed. The Pakistani’s obviouly have no issue storming a mosque if that have to to get the job done. Lesson for America? I think so. Give no safe haven…

Pakistani police storming a Pakistani mosque is OK.

US troops storming a whatever-country-they-decided-to-invade-today mosque is not the same thing.

On a related note, does anyone else remembers the grand mosque seizure of '79?

Yes, funny you should mention it. It is a pet peeve of Bin Laden.

So, what do you think of the Pakistan situation, Lixy? Does it compare to the 79 incident, iyo?

Do you think the Pakistanis did the right thing by taking the mosque back from the radicals?

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
Do you think the Pakistanis did the right thing by taking the mosque back from the radicals?[/quote]

Would be better if it were a democratic regime that carried away the attack. Nonetheless, I’m sure glad it’s over…

Lixy…

Question, in another thread, you said if any of the muslim dictator ruled countries had a real democratic election, they would most likely elect an islamist government.

So, in your opinion, if Pakistan did in fact have a democratically elected government, would there even have been a siege?

Or were you taking about a government more along the lines of Bhutto’s?

In other news, al-qaeda has just declared war on Pakistan in light of the Mosque raid.

Speaking of al-qaeda, here is an interesting take on their organization.