Pain with Shoulder Press?

Going heavy on a shoulder press, or military press has been causing pains in my back recently, ever since i started going heavier lifting in a 5-8 rep range. Any thoughts on how to fix this, happens either when standing up or even on an incline .

Fix your shoulder flexibility, you’re probably overextending the lumbar spine to compensate for poor thoracic mobility.

This could be a mobility issue (like was mentioned above) or it could be some sort of an impingement issue perhaps?

Does it hurt when you’re pressing with dumbbells Or barbells or both?

without seeing a video, I would say you arent keeping a tight mid section when pressing. Abs and glutes must be clenched HARD all the time

[quote]gregron wrote:
This could be a mobility issue (like was mentioned above) or it could be some sort of an impingement issue perhaps?

Does it hurt when you’re pressing with dumbbells Or barbells or both?[/quote]

Sort of

[quote]gregron wrote:

Does it hurt when you’re pressing with dumbbells Or barbells or both?[/quote]

Sort of both but mainly dumbbells because its harder to keep it stabilized, what would be the safest way to press ? Standing, sitting down, or on an incline ?

where does it hurt in the back? give us more info