Pain in Ribs/Chest

For the past 1-2 months, I’ve had this recurring pain on my left side, just underneath my armpit. It feels like it’s in the ribs and the pain will fluctuate from some days bothered me constantly to I can go 3-4 days and not feel anything.

The pain points will move, too. Some days I’ll feel it more in the armpit area, other days it’s more in the chest area - right underneath the left pec.

This injury came from when I was working freight at a retail store. Loading up carts with several hundred pounds of boxes and then twisting my body and pulling the carts around the store I’m sure didn’t help things. Funny thing is, the injury only started to bother me after I quit the job.

My doctor and massage therapist both recommended chiropractic care and I had my first appointment today. They took X-rays (I go back Wed. so I’ll have a better idea then of what that shows) but the chiropractor wasn’t convinced that it was a displaced rib (my doctor thought that’s what it is) and that it is more related to a balance issue. My right shoulder is raised a good amount from my left side (I’m left-handed and as mentioned, I did all that twisting and pulling using my left side primarily) and after some heat and an adjustment, I noticed a difference.

It’s been 8 hours since the adjustment and the dull pain is starting to come back a little, but it’s still a lot better than before. I go back Wed. for a follow-up.

Anyone ever have a pain similar to this and if so, what did you do to get it to go away? It’s definitely a hindrance to me as I don’t feel I can lift with this bothering me most days.