Pain In Hip Muscle

I cant pin point the muscle but I believe it to be one of these in my hip; Sartorius, Iliopsoas, Psoas. Its stiff and cramped. I notive it when I set down and stand up and during squats, deadlifts and leg presses it really acts up.

I am consuming 2 gallons of water a day and have begun to take 3grams of Taurine in case that will help remedy the cramps. I have a sit down job but this situation has only begun as of a week ago. For the record I am on a Tren/Test cycle about 6 weeks in.

Any ideas on how to stretch or relax that area or what it might be thats causing the problem based on this little of infor?

[quote]caladin wrote:
I cant pin point the muscle but I believe it to be one of these in my hip; Sartorius, Iliopsoas, Psoas. Its stiff and cramped. I notive it when I set down and stand up and during squats, deadlifts and leg presses it really acts up.

I am consuming 2 gallons of water a day and have begun to take 3grams of Taurine in case that will help remedy the cramps. I have a sit down job but this situation has only begun as of a week ago. For the record I am on a Tren/Test cycle about 6 weeks in.

Any ideas on how to stretch or relax that area or what it might be thats causing the problem based on this little of infor?[/quote]

I have a similar issue. Same things aggravate it. I also have a sit down job and driving long distances bothers it as well.

The one thing that has really helped it is sleeping on my back. I used to sleep exclusively on my sides, mainly my left. As it was, it was my right hip that hurt. I would bet that is at least part of your problem.

I have always had issues sleeping on my back-uncomfortable, waking myself up with snoring, etc.

Once I trained myself to sleep on my back I actually sleep a lot better AND my hip has stopped hurting.
My squat performance has also increased.

If you don’t already sleep on your back, train yourself to do it. You won’t be sorry!

Cueball

thanks Cueball1

I do sleep on my sides but also on my back. I will make a point to sleep on the back exclusivly and see what happens. I was trying to think of a better way to explain the feeling. The hip flexor at least that is what I think it is feels likes its always pumped like your biceps do after a few sets of curls. very strange feeling in the hip area.

There is a recent article on this site (I think it was one of the computer guy series) that said that the best way to sleep was on your side with a pillow between your knees.

Ill see if I can find that article and link it.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1561783

"5. Try not to sleep on your stomach
Sleeping on your stomach puts your body in lumbar hyper-extension and cervical extension/rotation. Consider the fact that a lot of people sleep in this position for 7-9 hours per night, and in doing so, produce roughly 1200 lbs of additional pressure on the lower back, you can see why many have back pain.

Alternatively, try sleeping on your side with a body pillow between your knees or on your back with a pillow beneath your knees (to help flatten out your lower back). Teddy bears are also useful here, you cute bastard. "