T Nation

Pain Below Knee

I have always had Osgood-Schlatter disease, more so on the left leg. It never hurt just felt a bit sensitive once in a while but, now it has gotten worse. It is hard to perform heavy squats and sometimes running can aggrevate it. Do any of you have this? What is the best way to treat it?

i've had this and basically you gotta find the exercises that don't aggravate it as much. i would say knee wraps and icing it would help, outside of that its gonna hurt for a certain amount of times (months, maybe years) and then it will go away. i was told that it happens when you grow too fast and your tendons don't grow at the same rate as the bones hence the inflammation

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Over the last few months I have started to have pain at the top of my shin right under my knee of my right knee. It didn't start until I got over 315 on squats. I think that it may have to do with form tied to shitty hip flexor mobility. I am 33 so it has nothing to do with growing too fast in my case. If I don't squat it doesn't hurt much. i am trying different stances to see if that helps at all. I will let you know if anything works.

Just turned 20.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.