T Nation

Pain Behind Knee

You know the 2 main tendons in the back of your knee, don’t know what they’re called but i figure that makes sense.

Anyways, the innermost of those two tendons, on my right leg, is doing something weird.

It started hurting while running last night and its really stiff. Not an injury, but I’d like to figure out whats going on before it becomes one.

Anyone experience this one?

[EDIT]

Clarification

not looking for a diagnoses, just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem.

Thanks

See a physio, impossible to diagnose online.

I’d say yes, it is a type of injury (even if minor) so rest it.

What did your warmup look like. Do you know of any imbalances that you have? Scar tissue buildup?

I’m not looking for a diagnosis. I understand that there aren’t a whole lot of doctors on this site and even if someone was qualified to diagnose me they wouldn’t be able to online.

I’m simply wondering if someone has experianced a similar situation and what they did to work around and rehab it.

When someone has a shoulder problem, there is a lot of generic advice that works for 90%.
I am willing to gamble that with this knee thing, I will fit into the 90% and be able to get by, if I’m wrong, it’ll get worse and then I’ll go to the doctor. But I’m not gonna go to the doctor over a minor little tweak.

So, I appreciate your response, and I understand your point that no one can be sure what is wrong, but thats not what I mean to ask. I just want to know if anyone has experienced something similar.

And yeah, I hadn’t done a warm up, so thats the first thing I’ll change. I don’t know of any imbalances, and as far as scar tissue, I’ve been foam rolling the area, and there are a few tender spots, but nothing that stood out as abnormal.

[quote]evansmi wrote:
You know the 2 main tendons in the back of your knee, don’t know what they’re called but i figure that makes sense.

Anyways, the innermost of those two tendons, on my right leg, is doing something weird.

It started hurting while running last night and its really stiff. Not an injury, but I’d like to figure out whats going on before it becomes one.

Anyone experience this one?

[EDIT]

Clarification

not looking for a diagnoses, just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem.

Thanks
[/quote]

I have had a similar issue. My damage was done to the Poplitius (sp?) I damaged it at the bottom position of a stone load, it can also be hurt in the bottom positon of a squat or other lift. I had ART done, and it greatly improved my recovery time. Other than that, I just iced the hell out of it, and went way lighter on my lifts. Home some of that helps.

Monopoly

i have had something like that to. i think i hurt it doing lots of ballistic single leg hypers but after some rest and alot of CAREFULL stretching its back 100%.