Pain Barrier?

[quote]Shadowzz4 wrote:
I guess everyone is different. If I was so tired that I had to have a certain type music playing just to not puss out in the workout, it would tell me that maybe it is too hard, that either I had to get more sleep, or if that wasnt an option, I would alter my workout so it wasnt so taxing but try to keep the nuts and bolts. The reason why I mention that is you what you described sounds alot like a time when I was working and in school and my workouts were really really hard, because I was really really tired. Gee dipshit, you can be a tough guy and just put on some heavy metal or you can change your program to do a workout that you can actually complete. I understand if you think differently but dont act like its a ridiculous suggestion.[/quote]

I never said I didn’t complete my workouts. Read my post, its about being able to get those last few reps, keeping up the intensity and focus. My best results come when I train hard to failure. And yes I do make adjustments. If my nerves aren’t firing all that well I’ll add in extra sets or if I’m really lagging I’ll train abs or calves the next day.

But most of the time believe it or not, blasting music, psyching myself up and as you put it “being a tough guy” works fine for me.

I knew when I posted this, there out a least be one idiot that wouldn’t get it. Yes you are an idiot because of your false assumptions you have made about me. No I’m not banging my head on the wall and throwing weights around the room like a gorilla on meth. If you READ my post its all about achieving a mental state that lets you train hard.

I don’t know where you came up with this. Maybe your projecting images of some freak at your gym on me, but I found your comments rude and insulting hence my hash reply. So welcome to my shit list. If you apologize, I’ll take you off it.

BTW I’m no dipshit.

If you’re having a hard time getting ready to workout then you need to change up the routine so that it’s more interesting. Maybe instead of a treadmill hit the street and run outside or something. Find someone to run with and make a challenge of it.

You know you’re right - Nirvana

“PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIINNNNNN”

That song got be through a grueling dropset at the end of a workout recently. The whole time I was thinking about how much my hands hurt and how much I want to quit, but then PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNN!

My new favorite PR-setting music has to be Demon Hunter.

For deads;

For Sqats;

Christian band too, interestingly.

[quote]Plim wrote:
Megadeth.[/quote]

Spoken for truth. Plus a lot of brutal death metal helps too, but maybe 'cuz I’m biased in that department.

Many good ones have been mentioned already, and a few that seem kind of wierd to me, but whatever gets you out of the hole, I guess. Here’s a few more:

Misfits
Stiff Little Fingers
Black Flag
4-Skins
The Business
Sham 69

More punk than metal, I guess, but still a good soundtrack for smashing things.

I don’t think that listening to some uncivilized music at the gym makes you a dipshit. At the very least it drowns out the insufferable crap they play at my gym (“Wake up, wake up on a saturday night, could be new york maybe hollywood and vine…”)

[quote]DTLV wrote:
Many good ones have been mentioned already, and a few that seem kind of wierd to me, but whatever gets you out of the hole, I guess. Here’s a few more:

Misfits
Stiff Little Fingers
Black Flag
4-Skins
The Business
Sham 69

More punk than metal, I guess, but still a good soundtrack for smashing things.

I don’t think that listening to some uncivilized music at the gym makes you a dipshit. At the very least it drowns out the insufferable crap they play at my gym (“Wake up, wake up on a saturday night, could be new york maybe hollywood and vine…”)[/quote]

Well hack the heads off of little girls and put them on my wall. The crap I hear in some gyms could put you to sleep. Punk rock is great for lifting.

haha. my coach always told me that the shit I listened to was “chicken killing music” then he would proceed to act out the biting a head off a chicken.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
haha. my coach always told me that the shit I listened to was “chicken killing music” then he would proceed to act out the biting a head off a chicken.[/quote]

Its great stuff to listen too when killing chickens. That way you can for fill your daily protein requirements. Truth be told, I’ve never killed a chicken but I just ate some.

Hellyeah
Nothingface
Spineshank
Sevendust
3 Days Grace
Tool
Sepulchura
Napalm Death
Obituary