T Nation

Pain at the Back of My Knee

I’ve noticed that whenever deadlifting or squatting, I tend to anchor myself with my left leg and use that more than my right leg - something thats slowly been getting better with some hip flexibility, thinking about my posture and the way I stand while not training and some core work […not sure why, but adding in a lot more core work fixed a lot of weird things!]

My problem is, every now and then my right knee hurts - specifically at the back of the knee near the right. Only noticable when bending my leg significantly and only after doing some “heavy” leg work. It doesnt hurt the day I do weights, just the day after when I get up. No pain during the movement.

Anyone else ever experience this when they started fixing their posture/learning good technique? Should I be particularly concerned? I’d see the doctor but since my current doctor is completely useless at anything other than saying the line “Take some painkillers, come back in a week, and I’ll eventually make you an appointment at the hospital if you come back” I thought I’d ask people who’ve been in my boat.

Thanks,

Ben

Try rolling your ITB and TFL if your not already.

Thank you for the article link, though I’m interested what ITB and TFL stand for?

Ben

[quote]Ben_VFR85 wrote:
Thank you for the article link, though I’m interested what ITB and TFL stand for?

Ben[/quote]

Tensor Fascia latae & Iliotibial Band. The section in the article covers them well.

A facepalm is the order of the day for me - thank you

Ben